Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr Nick Nicholson- Dallas, TX

Has anyone had surgery with Dr Nick? I am scheduled on May 21st (Tuesday) at Victory Medical in Plano...just wondering if anyone can give me some feedback about their experience. Pain after surgery? Does he require a cath during surgery? Does he come in to see us during our stay in the hospital? What have you experienced with his office (friendliness, how are they about returning calls, etc...) Any information would be helpful! I am getting so nervous, thinking of backing out!!!! Help!!

I had Dr. Nick. I had many conversations with Bee at his office to make sure what I was experiencing was normal. She is quick to say everything is normal. Pain was about par with average, from what I have heard in these blogs. I am 11 days out and have list 18lbs pre-op and 16 post-op. no catheter was used and I was out if the hospital the next day. The 3 weeks of liquid post ip is now my biggest challenge. I am not hungry, but u want to eat everything. Dr. Nick did a good job and I would say you are in good hands.

Sorry u forgot to say you will not see him until the post-op follow up. I was at the same hospital and they were good (for a hospital). Don't expect to he much sleep at the hospital. Start walking as soon as you are able. I walked 2 hours after I woke up and did not look back. Walk often.

I know a lady that used Dr Nick. She has nothing but good things to say about him and his staff, She has done great and over 3 years has lost 160 lbs. She looks great. I bet you will too:)

I was under the impression there would be a leak test done the day after surgery...? Thank you so much for your response... I am freaking out! lol

Don't freak out. It will be good. I was nervous as well but I am already glad I did it. Have faith in yourself. You did the research. Trust it.

You should probably call the office to ask about the leak test. I am pretty sure they do one during the operation... Don't freak (easier said than done) you will be fine and his staff has been great answering my questions (still awaiting approval) they call me back right away. I had a freak out moment one Friday afternoon after my coordinator was gone and she called really early on Monday to answer my question and put my fears at ease. Good luck :)

I just scheduled my surgery with Dr, Nick for June 25th. So far, everyone in his office has been super friendly and has gotten back with me quickly. I had a consultation with him a week ago and we seem to be a good patient/doctor fit because he is very forthright about everything and that's the thing I like most in a doctor.

TexasRed: I had surgery 6/25 as well. How are you doing? I still have a bit of left-sided pain (more of a tugging sensation) but overall doing much better than I thought I would! No nausea or vomiting. I had my surgery at Forest Park.

Wow! I also had surgery on 6/25 at Forrest Park with Dr Nicholson. Small world :) I still have the pain on the left side too. I had nausea after surgery but never vomited..yay! I just went for my first walk outside this morning since it was only 80 degrees. What have you been doing for exercise with his heat?

I will tell you that the left side pain goes away around week 3 post op. I was twisting in bed one night and it felt like a balloon popped inside my stomach (did not hurt) and then I was 100% pain free! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

I will tell you that the left side pain goes away around week 3 post op. I was twisting in bed one night and it felt like a balloon popped inside my stomach (did not hurt) and then I was 100% pain free! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Glad to see you didn't back out! Right before my surgery I must have had a look on my face because everyone who came in told me not to run off lol

Glad to see you didn't back out! Right before my surgery I must have had a look on my face because everyone who came in told me not to run off lol

Haha that is funny because right when I got in the operating room (I was crying) the Anesthesiologist said "You need drugs!!" ... I was out within 10 seconds! If he hadn't put something in my IV right away, I probably would have jumped off the table!

Dr. Nicholson did my surgery on March 6th. I am very happy. Very easy recovery and no nausea or vomiting. I was up walking about 3 hours after I got back to my room and didn't even get back in the bed till I went to sleep that night. I was at Forrest Park~Frisco. Nice place, I don't know why but I was given one of the VIP suites up on the 4th floor. Nice 2 room suite, so it was comfy for my hubby who wanted to stay with me.

I think most of his staff is great, the PA that visited me in the hospital the next morning was wonderful. His PA in the Plano office though, I have not been overly impressed with for follow up visits. Had one at two weeks then six. I don't have another till 6 months which will be in Sept. but will request to see Dr. Nicholson. I just think she didn't do much. She weighed me, told me what to eat and was out in 3 minutes flat. Was pretty much a waste of my time. I asked her if was going to look at my incisions at the 2 week check and she said no! I was pretty shocked! BP? Nope. At 6 weeks I asked her to check my incisions.

I think Dr. Nicholson is a wonderful surgeon and would use him again or recommend him to anyone. My scars are so small.

Oh, and he does the leak test in the OR so no yukky swallowing stuff the next day. It also means you can start sipping as soon as you wake up! Major upside! :)

Kami, until yesterday, I had just been walking around inside the house. Yesterday evening, however, I went for a walk with the family. Nice weather for it! I plan to do the same thing today. Good luck to you!