Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Each His Own.....Actress Mo'Nique Loses 80 lbs

Congrats to anyone that can take it off and maintain it as long as it was a healthy way...I have lost and found the same 100s of pounds over the years, tried pretty much every diet, pill, group and deal a meal out there, according to my doctor all the yo yo diets have knock our bodies out of whack that a person with a normal life would be hard pressed to lose and keep off more than 10 to 15% of current body weight..sorry I need to lose more than that.

Well if she is one of the 2% of people who can lose a significant amount of weight and keep it off without surgery then more power to her.

She might find her self eating her words one day. (pun intented...)

How many of us know of people who said "When I become a parent (or fill in the blank here______) I will NEVER allow my child to have a tantrum (or ______) in the grocery store." Yeah, until you BECOME a parent and realize what an idiot you were for saying "NEVER" haha!

Time will be the ultimate test for her.

I'm pretty sure it came out that she did have by-pass, not sure how her credibility will be. I won't be looking to her for recipes or help, start with lies that it for me.

Good for her! I lost 80 pounds in 6 months on WWs and it all came back plus some with the stress of kids, family, work, etc. I would probably have been much more able to keep it off longer with the help of a personal chef, personal trainer, enough money to spend hours in the gym and someone to take care of all my familial obligations so I could focus 100% on me. :D

I lost nearly 200 lbs on weight watchers 6 years ago and gained it all back and then some...I said the same things she did..telling people that surgery was the easy way out...well now that I'm a bout to have the sleeve and reading about what I need to do before and after and for the rest of my life I can say there is no "easy"way out.im having the majority of my stomach removed!!!how is that easy??i don't wish anyone ill will.i need a boundary bigger then counting points in my life.i wish that wasn't the case.dont me mad at Monique.she just doesn't know what the rest of her life will look like yet...those of us that have lost weight and gained it back know the torment.we are just trying to save our lives.

Good for her! I lost 80 pounds in 6 months on WWs and it all came back plus some with the stress of kids, family, work, etc. I would probably have been much more able to keep it off longer with the help of a personal chef, personal trainer, enough money to spend hours in the gym and someone to take care of all my familial obligations so I could focus 100% on me. :D

You that right...lol. Personal chef. Just what we all need!

Well if she is one of the 2% of people who can lose a significant amount of weight and keep it off without surgery then more power to her.

She might find her self eating her words one day. (pun intented...)

How many of us know of people who said "When I become a parent (or fill in the blank here______) I will NEVER allow my child to have a tantrum (or ______) in the grocery store." Yeah' date=' until you BECOME a parent and realize what an idiot you were for saying "NEVER" haha!

Time will be the ultimate test for her.[/quote']

Omg, so true!!!