Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

full liquid misinterpretation

So im exactly six days post opt and received a rude awakening from my nurse. I thought our full liquid meant food low sugar low cal high Protein liquid form. Ive been eating bean Soup and was told I could really hurt myself , get sick or die.

I have a very clear understanding now, but I called her about my chest pains and now I'm terrified. Can't even sleep. Like I don't want to die...sounds dramatic but I'm serious. Besides if I intentionally wanted to abandon the rules I would die from canollis or chicken marcella...ijs this is serious but jeeze I would want my last meal to be chic peas.

Hopefully the pain goes away soon and I finshed my day off with broth and Water...both with a touch of Protein Powder.

Dstined4gr8tnes

I am surprised that your doctor's office did not give you paperwork explaining exactly what a liquid diet was. Very descriptive diet information was included in my pre-op packet plus my nutritionist gave it out as well.

Wow, I agree with Isajck. I can't believe they didn't give you very specific instructions. I got mine early and they are super clear on what you can have. Here are the instructions that I was given. http://charmingtortoise.tumblr.com/post/50553274207/pre-and-post-surgery-diet-instructions-northern

Wow, sorry they weren't clearer with you. That must be terribly scary. Hope things get better for you.

I am surprised that your doctor's office did not give you paperwork explaining exactly what a liquid diet was. Very descriptive diet information was included in my pre-op packet plus my nutritionist gave it out as well.

They did. But my issue was I "thought" instead of checked. I was very clear on the clear liquid but when I heard full later im like ok. Basically some smart people are dumb...and I had a dumb moment.

Dstined4gr8tnes

Don't beat yourself up. You misunderstood and now you're taking corrective action. This journey is all about moving forward. What's done is done, you will be fine, it's a lesson we all learn along the way.

First, keep in mind that plenty of people have this surgery and progress almost immediately to pureed foods. While you definitely want to do whatever your dietician and surgeon tell you to do to minimize complications, I'm betting that it's pretty unlikely that the bean Soup did any permanent damage. Your stomach is probably just having a hard time digesting it, and is objecting. Just get back on track, as you have, and keep checking the plan as you move forward. I consider myself to be a pretty smart cookie, but sometimes that doesn't play in my favor, so I'm keeping my binder within easy reach till I'm on normal foods, at least! :D

Hang in there - you'll be fine!

Don't beat yourself up. You misunderstood and now you're taking corrective action. This journey is all about moving forward. What's done is done' date=' you will be fine, it's a lesson we all learn along the way.[/quote']
First' date=' keep in mind that plenty of people have this surgery and progress almost immediately to pureed foods. While you definitely want to do whatever your dietician and surgeon tell you to do to minimize complications, I'm betting that it's pretty unlikely that the bean Soup did any permanent damage. Your stomach is probably just having a hard time digesting it, and is objecting. Just get back on track, as you have, and keep checking the plan as you move forward. I consider myself to be a pretty smart cookie, but sometimes that doesn't play in my favor, so I'm keeping my binder within easy reach till I'm on normal foods, at least! :D

Hang in there - you'll be fine![/quote']

Thanks alot.....:-)

Dstined4gr8tnes

They did. But my issue was I "thought" instead of checked. I was very clear on the clear liquid but when I heard full later im like ok. Basically some smart people are dumb...and I had a dumb moment.

Dstined4gr8tnes

I like to think I'm fairly smart, but I didn't eat anything the first month without checking and double-checking my post-op guide. Is like my brain went on hiatus I was in such a fog.