Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite Protein Bars

What Protein Bars does everyone like?

Pure Protein bars....yummy low carbs & low sugar

Anyone have any suggestions for Protein bars that aren't so dense? I got the Quest bars after surgery (I'm 6 weeks out) and they are just so dense, I can handle only a quarter of the bar until I'm full. On the other hand, I bought some of nature valley Peanut Butter and dark chocolate protein bars (10g protein) as a treat and they go down great. Any suggestions on a not so dense Protein Bar? I like having it as an "on the go" option when I don't have time to make a shake

Try Power Crunch bars. They are like sugar wafers and are low sugar (5-6 grams), around 200 calories and 13-14 grams of Protein. I love them!

I don't eat bars very often, but I had a Quest bar yesterday and it was good. If you microwave it for 10-15 seconds it's softer and doesn't seem as dense... still hard to finish an entire bar though.

I can't stomach Protein bars (no pun intended) like I used to preop. I've stuck to the shakes postop because they're easier on my stomach (no ton of lead feeling) and I get extra Fluid that way.

I like all the bars mentioned though I try to keep sugar alcohols to a minimum. So far Quest bars are my favorite. I like the banana Nut and chocolate Chip. Just ordered a box of berry, looking forward to trying them since I don't eat much in the way of fruit right now.

I echo the props for Pure Protein bars (the new soft baked ones are even better!) and Power Crunch bars (taste so good they seem more like candy.)

I recently ran across a new-to-me brand called Think Thin bars, and they were also pretty good, though I thought the Cookies and cream one was disappointing. I will be looking for more of the other flavors though.

Look for a low carb / low sugar Protein bar like think thin, nu go, pure protein and Atkins. There should be 2g or 3g of sugar or less as well as 20 G protein or more. The calories should be around 200, give or take 10 or 20. Do treat these as an exception rather then the rule because they are not the best survey of nutrients. No more then 1 a day. Maybe less if you are not physically active yet. They are good if you find yourself in a bind for a snack with no real alternatives. The problem with protein bars is they trigger you to eat more and their bioavailability is higher in the body, causing you to not be full for very long. That is why a dense protein is usually always a better choice if you have it available.

Try Power Crunch bars. They are like sugar wafers and are low sugar (5-6 grams)' date=' around 200 calories and 13-14 grams of Protein. I love them![/quote']

I am addicted to these. So good and easy to digest. :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Try Power Crunch bars. They are like sugar wafers and are low sugar (5-6 grams), around 200 calories and 13-14 grams of Protein. I love them!

Anyone know the best place to buy the Power Crunch bars? Hopefully I can pick some up on my way home from work this afternoon. Up until about a week ago, I was eating the Premier Protein bars but something has changed and I can no longer stomach them. Bleh....

Anyone know the best place to buy the Power Crunch bars? Hopefully I can pick some up on my way home from work this afternoon. Up until about a week ago' date=' I was eating the Premier Protein bars but something has changed and I can no longer stomach them. Bleh....[/quote']

I get Quest & Power Crunch bars at GNC.

Anyone know the best place to buy the Power Crunch bars? Hopefully I can pick some up on my way home from work this afternoon. Up until about a week ago' date=' I was eating the Premier Protein bars but something has changed and I can no longer stomach them. Bleh....[/quote']

Vitamin Shoppe has them on sale frequently. I buy them in the box. I think they have a website too.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Trader Joes also sells Power Crunch. Vitamin Shoppe sells the chocolate bar though and I have found those hard to find. At what point do people eat Protein bars?