Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve 2.5months before wedding?

So I am waiting on a surgery date and I'd like to ask all of those that have had surgery this. Based on your recovery, how were you feeling about 2-2.5 months post-op? I think the earliest I can have my surgery will be mid-June and I am getting married Sept 1st an leaving for Ireland the next day!

I'm not concerned about being able to eat cake or drink at the wedding...I just want to know if I will feel well?

I have made the decision to have the surgery and since I've made the decision, I'm ready to plow ahead. If I don't have it pre-wedding, it won't be until late October. So I'm looking for opinions. My surgeon and the dietician as well a bariatrian I have been seeing all think I will be fine, but I want the opinions of people that have gone thru it.

Again, I know I will be extremely limited on what I can eat an I've already talked to the dietician about taking Protein options to Ireland. But at 2-2.5 months, how did you feel?

Well I am 10 weeks out and I feel great!! I have had no complications at all. I can tolerate pretty much anything I eat, and I have lots of energy! I flew from CA to CO 2 weeks after surgery and was fine. I know others have had complications and of course that is always a possibility. But based on my experience you will be fine!! But you may have to get your wedding dress altered ;)

Where do you live? How long a flight to Ireland ? What is your weight ? How old are you? All of these components add into the mix. Are you having a big wedding that you will be very busy preparing for? If so, some don't feel too well the first month. A lot to think about for your big day.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I am 34yo and weigh 350lbs. The flight to Ireland is about 6.5 hours. (Live in Indiana). And I actually have literally everything done for the wedding. I am a planner and don't like to have stuff in limbo so all decisions have been made and everything purchased :)

If you are anything like me, you will feel just fine at 2 - 2.5 months out. Your biggest problem will be properly sizing your dress because you will be rapidly losing weight during that time. All the best to you and congrats on your coming wedding! :)

I am 7 weeks out. Doing great. Just flew to Vegas a week ago to photograph a wedding. Walked miles daily (was there for a week). Only thing I can tell you is I had a hard time finding "diet" type foods. I brought Protein Bars and had some Pre-made shakes I bought there. We didn't have a fridge so it was difficult. I shot a wedding in Ireland last year and if you like seafood & Irish food you should be able to take a few bites of food and be good. I recommend packing some Protein Shake packages/powders. Congrats and best of luck. You are getting married on my birthday :)

By then you'll be on regular food.. Or I was,and you will do fine. You should be back to normal and be able to enjoy your day and honeymoon as a normal couple

congrats on the big day(s)

:D

I am 2 months out and i feel great. i've lost nearly 40lbs and it's amazing. The only thing that could be a problem is your wedding dress fitting, as you will be dropping weight rather rapidly. Just keep that in mind. Other than that, you will be able to eat real food, in tiny quantities, but still. So there shouldn't be a problem. Congrats on the surgery and your wedding to be!!

I flew from California to Hawaii 6 weeks after surgery with 3 kiddos ages 1, 2, and 3. You will be fine, and happy you did it before the wedding!

I'm 5 days out and I feel good just a tiny bit sore. But I'm sure that will go away in a couple days. You will be more than ready for your wedding by that time. :)

I'm two weeks (!) out and feeling fantastic!

Congratulations on all your upcoming excitement!

Thanks All for the feedback! Sounds like everyone I doing really well! I know there are risks and complications with any surgery but its good to hear all the encouraging stories!

Go for it, and have a seamstress on standby to alter that dress :D

Congrats... I will be 2 months out on Monday. If i were getting married in 2 weeks i'd be a little stressed especially since i've hit my second stall.

I'd want to lose a little more before. Than I'd be worried about my wedding dress not fitting me well HOWEVER... i am 27.3 lbs down and you can really tell and I would be very happy to have at least lost some lbs before the wedding.

I can eat a little more now... so my only worry would be feeling too full when eating but its all about control.

You will be fine. believe me. i feel really good now. No pain at all and no difficulty eating or drinking has long as i take small bites and chew chew chew. Congrats!!!

One thing that u might want to take into consideration though is that there is a possibilty that you will HATE your wedding pics when u get to goal ... I shudder at all my pics up until now at 6 1/2 months out. Good luck with the wedding and FYI I went to a wedding at 7 weeks out - ate dinner, ate cake, and had 2 glasses of wine and danced the night away :)