Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just a quick check in. I haven't been around these parts lately dealing with a few issues. I'm experiencing my first stall. The thing is I'm not panicking. I knew this was going to be a longer haul for me. My allergies are acting up. In an attempt to wean me off of the need for daily antihistamines which 1)slow down the metabolism and 2)cause hunger, I am trying to switch to a low histamine diet. That would be a challenge for anyone, but when you add in needing increased Protein as a bariatric pt, being a vegetarian AND being allergic to seafood, it's even more challenging. To top things off, my car died so I haven't been to the gym and I'm not a very motivated home work out person. Unfortunately if I don't work out, I don't lose.

I'm not discouraged. I went from a size 30/32 to my current 18/20. I have lost 115lbs. I was fortunate to not have any stalls for the first year post-op. The rest is on me. I'll adjust this latest health challenge or stay on the antihistamine. There is a new supplement I may try and my allergist will continue to monitor that.

I just want to say to those of us who have more than 200lbs to hang in there. Be patient! Follow your program. I'm still food logging and still drinking my Water. 115lbs is an adult person! That's an accomplishment! The rest will happen once things normalize for me.

134 lbs down, 74 lbs to go in order to hit a healthy BMI. Unfortunately, I'm learning that with my body type (apple-shaped, carry all my weight in my upper body and belly), it's best to get to 21-22 BMI to truly have the health benefits. Women who carry their weight in their butt/hips/thighs may be healthy with a 24.9 BMI, but I'm not one of them :( A little bummed that the doctor wants me to lose an additional 20 lbs past my original goal weight, but 208 and 228 aren't that far apart.

Dirty secret: still no exercise. I just park far from wherever I need to go and walk quite a bit around malls, my college campus, my job, etc. I'm losing 2 lbs/week pretty consistently, but as my weight continues to drop I know I'll need to push myself harder, but I want to stick to a level of diet/activity that I can maintain.

Hi :-) I was 435.63lb (197.6kg) before surgery August 2014 and am now 236.77lb (107.4kg) so have lost over 198lb (90kg). Things have slowed down a lot and I have an extreme amount of excess skin plus I had many complications after surgery (gastric leak leading to pneumonia, a collapsed lung, organ failure and many months in hospital) but am glad I had it as it has changed my life. It has taken me a long time to say that but things are on track. I sold my wheelchair (needed for other health reasons) and am currently studying to become a medical administrator/practice manager!

Edited by missymac

Hi :-) I was 435.63lb (197.6kg) before surgery August 2014 and am now 236.77lb (107.4kg). Things have slowed down a lot and I have an extreme amount of excess skin plus I had many complications after surgery (gastric leak leading to pneumonia, a collapsed lung, organ failure and many months in hospital) but am glad I had it as it has changed my life. It has taken me a long time to say that but things are on track. I sold my wheelchair (needed for other health reasons) and am currently studying to become a medical administrator/practice manager!

I am so sorry you experienced so many complications and difficulties. Hearing about your success and optimism is awesome! Congratulations, I wish you nothing but success in your new career. Getting rid of your wheelchair must be thrilling.

Thanks Inner Surfer Girl. It takes a lot to get me down. Living positive is the only way to be. I must say the almost 4 months I spent in hospital was very hard but I got through it and will keep going. It was great getting rid of the chair! I am left with minimal problems from the surgery but the way I look at it, I have a second chance at life! Without the surgery, I would most probably have died in the next 10 years.

My high was 600lbs!! Down 250lbs and still going

My high was 350, 331 at surgery 7/29/15 and 211 today!! I'm incredibly happy with the results and now focusing on wrapping my mind around where I am and how to stay here!

My high was 350, 331 at surgery 7/29/15 and 211 today!! I'm incredibly happy with the results and now focusing on wrapping my mind around where I am and how to stay here!

Haha, are we the same person? I was 353, had surgery in July, and today I'm 210!

I still have 65 lbs to go before I hit a healthy BMI, but I'm hoping a hard push will get me there by labor day!

I'm 5'7". My height st weight was 371, got surgery at 325, and my current weight is 235. I'm 9 months post op. My surgeon suggested VSG.

I'm 5'7". My height st weight was 371, got surgery at 325, and my current weight is 235. I'm 9 months post op. My surgeon suggested VSG.

WOW! How inspiring! I'm 5'6 and at 335 right now. I'm getting sleeved in June. I'm so impressed by your progress. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My high was 600lbs!! Down 250lbs and still going

great job frank!

My high weight was in the 320s, now 4 mos after surgery and 240!

wow! Way to go!

Hi everyone. I love seeing all the progress that everyone has made. I am 5'4 361lbs with surgery scheduled July 5th. I cant wait to be sharing my success with all of you!

I'm a sleever that was over 300! I had my surgery may 19th

Highest weight 312

Surgery weight 300

Weight today 276

Not losing fast but steady! I have a foot issue so just beginning more walking less weight makes it easier.

High weight was 378, day of surgery I was 319. I've lost 10lbs since surgery day: 6/23/216.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using the BariatricPal App

Edited by determinedtolive