Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was 387.6 on the day of my surgery (6/18) and am down 21 pounds in a little under 2 weeks. Pleased!

I'm glad to see that I'm not alone. I'm starting out at 352. Surgery date is 07.13.2015. I'm stoooooooooked!!!!!!!!!!

My surgery is tomorrow. Started at 374, now at 360.

@@Shamroxx @@WontonAnimalChIndo Good luck to you both on your upcoming surgery!

Sleevers over 300.. You can achieve greatness:) I started my journey may 20 2014 at 310 lbs .. 13 months later I have lost 165 lbs.. Hovering at 145!

Good luck ????

I was 344. Went down to 212. Maintained that for six months. Now I'm 244. And scared.

I cant be 300 again I just cant.

I was 344. Went down to 212. Maintained that for six months. Now I'm 244. And scared.

I cant be 300 again I just cant.

back to basics....

I was 325 at my first surgical consult. My highest weight though was 360 approx. One year post-op I was 100lbs down to 225, just 5 lbs short of my goal. I'm 6'1" so 220 seemed like a reasonable goal since I've always been obese since childhood. I maintained between 225-230 until last September when my Mom was diagnosed with lung cancer and I started the emotional-eating roller coaster up. The holidays added a few more lbs and i went up to 240. I've been trying to reverse the trend. It is just as though I hadn't had WLS except I'm fighting to lose 15lbs rather than 100lbs. Add a new and stressful job where food is a constant temptation and a knee injury which is keeping me from doing much strenuous exercise and you have the perfect storm of weight-loss challenges.

There is a point after WLS for most of us when we realize that we can eat a little more and that a cookie or candy doesn't cause nausea anymore. Old behavior around food starts creeping back in and the self-sabotage takes over. If you have a history of issues with food and over eating WLS doesn't magically cure that. It is a life-long battle. If you keep doing what you've always done you'll keep getting what you always got. I don't say all this to shame or scare anyone. I just know that it is still a struggle for me and always will be. My body is genetically prone to obesity and my metabolism is extremely slow because of thyroid disease. I can't get the same level of exercise I was engaged in last year but I'm making some changes which seem to be helping so far. I'm cutting out wheat and have been drinking a Protein shake Breakfast. I plan to give the intermittent fasting a try as well.

Chelenka I hear what your saying and I know that honesty like yours causes people to become very defensive, ( without even knowing it's called guilt), but to hear what you have to say is very necessary, those of us that are new to all this can learn from veterans like you, I knew going into this that if I wanted to be successful I had to have certain things in place, my mind set plays a major part in this, I used to have a teacher who said that the mind and body that can be balanced and healthy and create a beautiful continuing circle, unhealthy body and the kind suffers, unhealthy mind and the body suffers, I never understood this balance until after my surgery, I am far from perfect and make many mistakes, but I refuse to overlook them and I try to not repeat them, I make comparisons of myself to an alcoholic, it helps me understand my psyche better, 1 turns to 2, 2 turns to 3.............., so I learned to not even start on those things, if I want a dessert because I take my wife out to dinner and hers looks awesome I will then take a bite of hers and not order one, with an understanding that I will not do that every time we go out, and if can't say ok to myself then I say NO!to myself, this is and always will be a constant battle with myself, but the more small victories I have the easier it becomes, don't give up, you have come to far, and if what you say sets even one person straight then you have done more than most, be strong, if your kicking then your breathing, and if your breathing keep kicking!!!!

Edited by laguerr13

Thank you. I had a better week but there were only a few good days. Its as if i never had the surgery but i did. So i need to reset my body and restrain my brain. A point i have been to many times.

My highest was 345. Im now 238-245. It swings. I was really happy at 215-220. So there you are right. I need to work at 25-30 pounds not 100-200 lbs.

I'm am just afraid it will keep going up and ill be 300 again.

Fear is a great motivator until someone puts the food in front of me and I choose to eat it for whatever reason. Mostly comfort from celebration or stress or loneliness. I know this. Now to get around it.

Emotional eating is very hard to control and I struggle with it all the time. I knew that I was an emotional eater pre-surgery but didn't realize the full extent of it. I was knee deep in de-nile! LOL! Becoming conscious of your eating triggers and behavior is half the battle. Also, make sure you are eating enough Protein and eat some healthy fat like avocado or organic unaltered butter, organic nut butter and the like to help combat hunger. Stay away from sugar and simple carbs, drink your Water, etc. We got this!

Emotional eating is very hard to control and I struggle with it all the time. I knew that I was an emotional eater pre-surgery but didn't realize the full extent of it. I was knee deep in de-nile! LOL! Becoming conscious of your eating triggers and behavior is half the battle. Also, make sure you are eating enough Protein and eat some healthy fat like avocado or organic unaltered butter, organic nut butter and the like to help combat hunger. Stay away from sugar and simple carbs, drink your Water, etc. We got this!

I'm a very emotional eater I was wishing to get a green light so I can lost this weight .I'm afraid I'm not going to be full. I'm good in the morning and afternoon but it's at night that I'm stressing with grrrr

So plan an evening snack. This is why food diaries are helpful at least initially. I sometimes get snack-y in the evenings. Peeled, slice cucumbers with a splash of lime & srirachia will sometimes curb that. 1 ounce of pistachios is another option I use. I can't trust myself with bulk bags of nuts so I buy the individual $.99 bags instead.

My point is I plan it out & allow room for that evening snack. I don't want one every night but this way if I do get a craving I haven't messed up my eating.

I had my surgery on 5/8/15 and weighed 381, I am now down to 331 for a total of 50 lbs. lost in just under 3 months. I can live with that!!! Next, another 50 lbs...

I had my surgery on 5/8/15 and weighed 381, I am now down to 331 for a total of 50 lbs. lost in just under 3 months. I can live with that!!! Next, another 50 lbs...

yay! Congrats!!!