Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I lost the most of my weight the first 4-5 months!!! I'm still not under 200 lbs and it was a year July 13th! I am 200 lbs exactly, which was NOT my goal by the year mark! Day of surgery I was 333 lbs!!

However I am going back to the beginning, I'm going back to the foods I was started on, the tons and tons of Protein and now that I can do it tons of exercise!!!

I am almost 5 ft. 9 in tall so that helps stretch that 200 lbs out a tad lol, but my goal is 150 to as low as 135!!

But after that 5 month mark it was heck loosing any more than a few lbs per month!!

However I must say I still have no desire to eat, I have actually gotten busy and went with anything besides drinking Water and yes an occasional sweet tea :) I feel great compared to what I was!!! I am loosing inches just not weight, which I know is good but yet frustrating!

Started at plus size 26 and 4x 5x shirts.

Now in size slim fit boot cut 12/14 and large/large shirts!!

I started at 405 8 weeks ago. I am 4 weeks post op and I weigh 335 lbs. today. The bypass wasn't even offered by my doctor, he said I wasn't big enough to have a full bypass. The end result with the sleeve would be the same but he explained that I would be allowed to eat anything I wanted where the lap band and the bypass would be restricted. I wish you luck and don't rush the healing process , it doesn't work.

I had the sleeve, in Mexico by Dr Alvarez, I have yet to be able to eat much at all, I would not want the bad or the bypass, my mother in law had the band and had to have it removed after 4 years because it was causing issues, she has already gained back every pound plus some, I knew a 34 year old guy that after having the bypass for 10 years passed away from complications from the bypass! I have a very hard time eating more than about 4 oz. and I cannot over eat ever, I'd throw up!! I would rev come to the sleeve to ANYONE!!!! I had no head hunger, still don't, I have no types of cravings of bad foods! I did find out that my stomach contained toxins and that is was abnormally shaped and the dr said he felt I would do wonderful now that all that is gone! I was not always big, when I was a teen up till about 25 years old I was 135-170 lbs it was after my second child that I ballooned to over 300 lbs!!

Please do your research, look into all the surgeries!!! Also check out your doctors!!

post-196853-0-33255200-1407784974_thumb.jpg

I'll be 5 months post op on Aug 13th. 85-ish gone but sooooo far to go. Struggling with the fact that I have done well but it's not as easy as it was. I'm headed home from the beach with my girlfriends. Had a great time despite my first experience with dumping (note to self: Bushwhackers are made with ice cream and will make you feel horrible, even if you ALWYS have one at the beach - no more). I look at the pictures and I'm so far from being happy where I am right now. I guess that is motivation to keep going. A year ago I was 325 pounds. This is better but it's not enough. This trip (and the photographic evidence) has been hard on my brain. People telling me I look great, me seeing pics and just wanting more. It's like I see every flaw now. Keep me in your prayers this week. It's also my 46th birthday and just not feeling the self worth I should have. ????

16 mo out update

image-887544850.jpg

I was 406 day of. I'm 10 days out down almost 30 pounds.

320 high weight. 307 today surgery in t-13 days.....

Timothy Gibson

Ten days out and you're down 30 pounds--great start.

My highest weight was probably 363. I consider my starting weight to be 338 since that is what I weighed when I began the whole process. I lost 11 pounds pre-op and the rest after surgery.

Welcome to the "loser's" bench.

Kathleen

I started at 362 pounds one year ago. I lost 42 pounds before surgery on 12/23/13. I have lost a total of 139 pounds. Current weight is 223. My initial goal was 2230 pounds, but feel like I have more weight to loose.Weight is still coming off but at a much slower pace.

My surgery was performed by Dr Alvarez. He is the best. I'm just 11 months out and down 162 pounds. Starting weight 410 current weight 248. I'm having to work for every pound now!

Just found this forum last night and have been reading various threads for hours and hours. I've only had the first visit with my surgeon but I'm already stressing everything about the surgery and life after. My weight at their office was 380.5. I almost died. I couldn't believe I let myself get that heavy.

I'm having to lose 38lbs before surgery. It's been a little less than two weeks and I'm down almost 8 as of this morning but it's been very hard fought. I'm tracking everything I eat, sticking with mostly lean Protein and veggies with some seasonal fruit like watermelon and cantaloupe. I'm staying under 1,500 calories a day and feel like it's just not coming off fast enough.

I think I'm putting extra stress on myself because I really want to have the surgery the first week of November so I need to lose these 38lbs fast. I am a manager for a major cell phone carrier so if I don't make that deadline, I'll have to wait until January. And now that I've made up mind and secured the financing, I want it done now.

Anyway... That was a bit of a rant. Hi everybody! Lol

Try replacing a meal or two with a Protein Shake it helped me loose weight fast preop!

I have some of those I need to start using but I'm not gonna lie, I get a bit hangry when I don't have real food. Lol! Not bad food, just something with actual density to it.

I'm feeling better about it today. Weighed this morning and just barely shy of 10 lbs down in less than 2 weeks. Cravings are pretty much gone but only if I keep myself satisfied with the healthy Snacks and meals. If I let myself get too hungry, I have an almost physical battle with myself to avoid the drive in.

I think that I really need to work on getting my 30 minutes of walking in every day. I haven't been diligent with that and I think it's helping to slow things down a bit.

Welcome! Just want to encourage you that what you're feeling is so normal! I started the journey a year ago. I weighed 325 in the office last August. It's starling and baffling and degrading. But - you are on the right road! I lost 28 preop over 6 months. You'll get there. You're doing exactly what you need to do to get there. I did 1400-1600 cal, low carb and Water aerobics. Just stay the course. I has surgery in March. I'm down 94 total. Life is good. I wish I'd had done this sooner! Good luck.

Thank you for the welcome! I wish I had done this sooner as well. :-) 94 lbs is so awesome!!! Congrats!