Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All,

My highest known weight was 375 but I was most likely even heavier than that. My surgery weight was 339. I am a week shy of being 4 months out from surgery on 12/19/13 and I'm down 71 lbs. i have been blessed because I am losing consistently and more quickly then I imagined I would. My goal is to get down to about 185 since I am 5'10" and I would say built bigger than average overall. I have no idea what I will look like or what size I will be at that weight so I may adjust my goal.

I don't think it's an unrealistic goal? Do any of you who are further out from surgery think it's unrealistic?

I was sleeved Sept 27, 2013.

Pre op weight 410

Surgery weight 385

Current weight 295

Hit a major stall these last 6 or 8 weeks.

But not giving up!!

I'm 6 feet tall--would be over six feet if my back weren't so dang crooked.

Surgery was 12/11/13.

HW 358.--several years before surgery.

SW 327.

CW 267.

My goal is 200 pounds. I'll be happy at that weight.

Kathleen

I don't know where these Doctors get the nerve to tell you guys it isn't possible and be realistic. That's completely not true and not the right attitude.

I'm 28, 5'7" and started at 313 (prob heavier but that's the highest recorded weight). I had surgery Oct 8th, 2013..

I am now 6 months and 5 days out from surgery and I weigh 199.8! Total loss of 113.2 lbs. and i finally hit one-derland!

my surgeons goal for me is around 160, my personal goal is 130 but i will reevaluate as i get thinner. Don't let people tell you it isn't possible. I still pull 4 lb losses a week. Usually around 2.5-4..

Hi All,<br><br> My highest known weight was 375 but I was most likely even heavier than that. My surgery weight was 339. I am a week shy of being 4 months out from surgery on 12/19/13 and I'm down 71 lbs. i have been blessed because I am losing consistently and more quickly then I imagined I would. My goal is to get down to about 185 since I am 5'10" and I would say built bigger than average overall. I have no idea what I will look like or what size I will be at that weight so I may adjust my goal. <br><br> I don't think it's an unrealistic goal? Do any of you who are further out from surgery think it's unrealistic?

Not unrealistic at all. If you believe you can do it, you will! I went from 313 to 199.8 in just over 6 months. I'm still losing a lot, haven't hit a shall yet..

Hi All, My highest known weight was 375 but I was most likely even heavier than that. My surgery weight was 339. I am a week shy of being 4 months out from surgery on 12/19/13 and I'm down 71 lbs. i have been blessed because I am losing consistently and more quickly then I imagined I would. My goal is to get down to about 185 since I am 5'10" and I would say built bigger than average overall. I have no idea what I will look like or what size I will be at that weight so I may adjust my goal. I don't think it's an unrealistic goal? Do any of you who are further out from surgery think it's unrealistic?

Actually I am also 5-10 and my personal goal is 187. I started at 315. I am almost there. I am 193 and 13 months out. It gets real slow at the end but I am getting there at rate if 2-4lbs a month in the last 3 months.

My doctor did not have goal weight for patients. Anything under 30 BMI is good he says because statistically morbidity/mortality risks about same under 30 as it is under 25. It's when over 30 that jumps significantly. I am around 27.7 now so I meet his goal.

It's so motivating seeing all these people weighing over 300 pounds loosing all this weight. I started at 337. I'm doing all the pre-operation requirements. But going into my first meeting with the surgeon one of his PAs asked me what I would like to weight. I told her for my height (5'11) I would like to be around 170-180 and she looked at me and said that is absolutely impossible you need to have more realistic expectations or else this isn't going to work. I was kind of taken back by that and it made me rethink this whole thing. But after seeing so many people with amazing results I know I can do it. Nothing is going to stop me. I'm bound and determined to prove her wrong!!!!

You can do that especially the younger you are I think. First set goal to be 29.9 BMI that's where all the morbidity/mortality risks are reduced significantly. I am 5-10" and 48yo female who had 4 huge pregnancies 13 to 23 years ago.

Then after 29.9 see where you can take it from there - onederland etc. that will all be gravy (er low carb gravy?). That is what I did 208 was 29.9 for me then I shot for Onederland. Took forever it seemed. Now I am shooting for 180s. That is my goal but if I get to 170s I won't cry but I won't cry if I don't either. At 208 I started with personal training to get me to 190s. I just purchased 3 more months of it so get me in the 180s. I am now adding spin and bodypump so I can stay there after my money for the extra training runs out! I purposely saved the more intense exercise for is last push. Up until 208 I was just walking 3 days a week. I didn't want to burn out too soon! Now. I am at gym 4-5 times week plus walking 2 days.

I was at 410 when I decided to have surgery and surgery day I was at 378.

I am 5 weeks post op now and I am at 349. Lost 28 lbs my first three weeks post op and one lb in the last two weeks :(

But doing good and no problems at all :)

I notice that must sleeves are in the high 200's but is there anyone who started higher. My weight day off was 362 give or take a pound....my doctor told me the most common procedure for my weight was the bypass but the long term results are very much the same. Im 5'7" but I definitely strated off way bigger than some posts I see...just curious to know I'd I'm alone lol Dstined4gr8tnes

I am still pre op but I weigh 343 and doing the sleeve on 05/26

I started at 362 lbs in August 2013. On the day of surgery, 12/23/13 I was 320 and currently I am 253( 4 months out). I am 6'3" and have set a personal target of 230. But I feel like I've had a steady weight loss and made lifestyle changes that have helped immensely. I want to take advantage of this opportunity and continue to make the most of it. Where that will end I do not know

Hello all!! I was sleeved on 7/1/14 and was 304. As of today, I am down 72 lbs. I am very discouraged because I haven't lost any weight in many many weeks. I had my gallbladder out this week and hope this will help. Any suggestions??

Hello all!! I was sleeved on 7/1/14 and was 304. As of today, I am down 72 lbs. I am very discouraged because I haven't lost any weight in many many weeks. I had my gallbladder out this week and hope this will help. Any suggestions??

I assume you meant 7/1/13 as your surgery date. I can't say for sure but your gall bladder surgery is probably affecting your weight loss. Also when I got to about 8 months post-op my rate of weight loss started to slow down. It may be you need to change things up a bit. Are you able to exercise? That has helped me. Stress can really slow your weight loss too. Recovering from surgery is a type of stress so try to be patient and don't panic. Things will start moving again.

Everytime I come here and see my previous posts.. I went from 353 and today 204.4. Sleeved 02/26.

So reassuring! My highest was 370. I'm 361 now and about to start my preop liquid diet. Congrats on the success!

Started 345....3 Weeks out 316!

Funny coincidence - my name is Ashley middle name Brooke... How are you doing to date? My surgery is in 2 weeks... Getting nervous/excited