Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did I really do the right thing?

Don't worry hang in there. You might feel like that now and that was me last week. but I really does get better. Remember why you did this and everyday does get better. I get my staples out tomorrow and an very excited to change my diet. It's been hard but I know that at the end of the rainbow there's a pot of gold waiting for me. You can do this remember that. :)

The first few weeks are really rough. It got a little better each day, but it was very slow progress. Eathing and drinking were a chore, and yet, it's frustrating to be able to eat nothing. Nothing tastes right, and you have no energy. By the end of the first 8 weeks, I felt pretty good. Each person is different, but don't read all those "I feel so great 1 week out" posts and think that's the norm. You had major surgery, so feeling a little rough is normal. It will get better.

Hi...glad to hear my feelings are consistent with others. I'm just over two weeks post op sleeve and I am starting to have some very bad heartburn. Anyone else experience this and does anyone know of a remedy?

I'm a week out today and I keep asking myself "did I do the right thing?" I just feel awful. :(

Hun I really understand how you are feeling I was sleeved 5 days ago, and I regretted it instantly. For me it was the pain and lack of energy, but just today even though I'm sore and tender I am finally happy!! Just remember this surgery is a major shock to ur system, everything is different, almost alien. But that is just now, not forever Hun. You will feel better and realise that this is the start of something new and exciting . Much love to you and I hope u are feeling more like yourself soon xxxx

We are definitely "sleeve soul mates", as I'm one week out today too. I've had the same down moments....and am so ready to feel good! I'm shocked when I read on here that people didn't have any pain and don't have to take pain medicine!!! I'm not a wimp, have had A LOT of surgery over the years, and have a high pain tolerance. One week out, I'm still taking pain medicine at times and feel pretty crappy! I had my one week follow up yesterday with the doc, and he said I'm doing great. I looked at him and said, "you can't be serious". He said to remember that I just had MAJOR surgery. I just had 2/3 of my stomach removed. It was a major assult not only to my stomach but to my entire body. My nutrition has completely changed, so my body is responding.

No wonder we feel bad! I would like to enjoy this week off work instead of sitting around the house, but finally realize that I won't be running marathons for quite awhile and need to respect my body and let it heal.

Keep in touch and let me know how are you are doing.

My Dad always used to say, "this too will pass.....keep your chin up"!

Day 10 woke up feeling solo much more normal! Hang in there!

Is there anyone out there that have had real problems walking , drinking eating etc... I am sick every day for the 21 days since my surgery.. I was in the hospital for 6 more days dehydrated. My husband told me to push myself so I did today... And of course wound up vomiting.. Took my daughter to the store felt like I was going to pass out and very weak.. I also get very winded... Im starting to really get scared!!!! Im only able to get about 30 oz of fluids down and Protein not at all I switched to the Protein Shots just to help get protein... Has anyone experienced this at all?? I feel like Im stuck like this forever

Is there anyone out there that have had real problems walking , drinking eating etc... I am sick every day for the 21 days since my surgery.. I was in the hospital for 6 more days dehydrated. My husband told me to push myself so I did today... And of course wound up vomiting.. Took my daughter to the store felt like I was going to pass out and very weak.. I also get very winded... Im starting to really get scared!!!! Im only able to get about 30 oz of fluids down and Protein not at all I switched to the Protein Shots just to help get protein... Has anyone experienced this at all?? I feel like Im stuck like this forever

If your doctor doesnt know whats going on you need to tell him. If he does and hes not helping in any way you need to go some where where you can be looked at.

I thought the same thing for the first week. As the others have said, it gets better each day. I'm one month out and down 14 pounds, 12 of which I lost in the first 2 weeks (which is slow compared to a lot of people on here). I've lost inches, so that helps with my mindset. You most likely will hit a stall too so be prepared for it. It will get better, I promise.

Is there anyone out there that have had real problems walking ' date=' drinking eating etc... I am sick every day for the 21 days since my surgery.. I was in the hospital for 6 more days dehydrated. My husband told me to push myself so I did today... And of course wound up vomiting.. Took my daughter to the store felt like I was going to pass out and very weak.. I also get very winded... Im starting to really get scared!!!! Im only able to get about 30 oz of fluids down and Protein not at all I switched to the Protein Shots just to help get protein... Has anyone experienced this at all?? I feel like Im stuck like this forever[/quote']

I didn't have these problems, but you are most likely dehydrated again. I'm not sure what the Protein shots are. Are those the test tube looking things? If so, I've seen posts on here that they are not good for you and it isn't the right kind of protein. Do a search to see what I mean. A call to your doctor is in order. You should be feeling better by now.

No theyre called Protein to go... They have 3 different types of protein in them.. The dr said theyre ok because the 3 different types actually work together to kill fat... Dehydration I thought as well.. I suppose I should call I dont want to go back in the damned hospital they only let me oit because the potassium crushed my veins... They couldnt find another good one to use... Its looking the same way now

Dr. Sent me to ER 1 bag of fluid... Anti nausea and if I drink 8 oz of nasty potassium and I can go home... Stalling at 1/3 ugh

Four weeks out here and feeling the same way. Some days are better than others. I think my recovery is taking longer than some because they fixed a hiatal hernia while they were doing my sleeve. I'm trying to be positive and looking forward to the day I can look back and tell others how worth it the surgery is. As it is' date=' I am having trouble getting all of my Protein and Water in still. Doing my best. I dont have a lot of energy back yet and feel kind of blah half the time. Hang in there.[/quote']

I was told I have a hiatal hernia and it will be removed the day of my surgery. Did your surgery take longer or was it any different because of the hernia??

i have to say i think every single one of us who did this had that thought at least once after....in the hospital.....first night home....first time you try to eat non liquid foods....lol yes everyone has had this thought. it does get better, but i understand everyone saying that doesnt ACTUALLY make you feel better yet. but it will happen. i think it at least once a week when i stall (which seems to happen every 5 lbs). but every time i try on an outfit and i can no longer wear it i think DAMN yes it was worth it.:) just give it time and every day it WILL get a tinsy bit easier. eveytime you second guess yourself find the one thing that as of that moment is BETTER and hold onto that until then next day. it will see you thru. i was bedridden for 2 years, at 2 mos out i walked my very first 5 k. and i am still at the high 200's with weight. so i know if i can do this anyone can... keep your head up :)

nesa. i had hernia repair as well...didnt really make much diff in the surgery time ect. just made it a bit harder for me to get my fluids in early on..i was just more tender...at least thats how i felt but it is nice to not deal with heartburn and reflux with everything i eat or drink now :)