Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What did you eat today :) ?

Breakfast 2 eggs fried in 1 teaspoon olive oil

Exercised burned 430 calories

snack medium coffee with 2 cream 2 sugar and 2 tim bits chocolate flavor

lunch 1/2 cup black Beans with taco seasoning and taco sauce

snack: 1 cup cottage cheese

snack: cucumber 8 inch

dinner: 4 ounce can tuna, 2 cups herb spring mix , 2tbls lite ranch , half a white onion

1008 calories total and 78 grams of Protein

I think my potassium is low my legs are bruised all over and they are not going away!

Let' see, so far today...

Start out carbing up for the 10 am work out when I wake up:

6am: Trader joe frozen steel oats (150 cal - heat in microwave) mixed with two scoops of synth 6 Protein powder (400 cal, 50 G protein)

630am: 2 energy squares (120 calories, 8 G protein)

900am: 2 energy squares (120 calories, 8 G protein)

Pre workout GNC repower powder (cals -25)

10am: home Workout (2 mile run, warmup exercises, 20 minutes WOD, cool down )

1100am: 2 scoop synth 6 Protein Powder (400 calories, 50 G protein)

1pm: 1 BBQ chicken patties (210 calories, 25 G protein), 1 cocktail cucumber (30 calories)

4pm: 1 pure Protein Bar (200 calories, 20 G protein)

For the rest of the day:

5 pm: 1 ostrich stick

6pm: 4 oz pork chop (220 cal, 30 G protein)), 2 ounce broccoli (20 cal)

I always eat casein shake 30 minutes or so before bed (look forward to as my double chocolate treat, mmmm):

9pm: 2.5 scoops of casein Protein ( 300 cals - almost pudding like, 60 g)

Total cals: 2145

Total protein: 251 g

This is very typical of how I eat every day and maintain between 175 and 180 (goal - 180).

I feel like I eat a lot, but it does keep my weight stable and also increases muscle.

Breakfast: 1 1/2 cup low fat milk with one half scoop syntha 6 Protein powder vanilla with 1/2 sugar free carnation instant Breakfast and some almond flavoring mixed in

Mid morning snack: hot ginger peach tea with 1 tsp honey (So good!) and truvia sweetner also; Metamucil cinnamon spice Fiber wafers (these are good too and effective!)

Lunch: 1/2 ham sandwich with slice low fat cheese, 2 Tomato slices, mustard and lettuce; 1/2 cup grapes about an hour later

Mid afternoon: more hot tea with truvia only

Dinner: 2 oz grilled roast beef; 1/4 cup cornbread dressing, 1/8 cup green Beans, 1/4 cup carrots, Water, some A1 sauce also (about a tablespoon)

Evening snack: 1 1/2 cups milk with 1/2 scoop syntha 6 Protein mixed in for extra protein boost since the grilled roast beef was a little heavy; also more hot tea and two more Metamucil Fiber wafers to keep things regular

Water: about 9 cups counting the hot tea

P.S. - Could have eaten more for lunch, but ran out of time. Today's total calories: about 1,314 with 81 grams protein ( a very high day for me). Could have done a little better on total calories if I had not added the honey to my tea. But, I did fairly brisk exercise for 30 min.

I forgot to add that I split my Protein up over the day because I was told by my nutritionist that it was difficult for my body post sleeve to metabolize so much protein at once. I was getting in at least 44 grams in one shake in the morning because I wanted to get it over and done. Apparently, there were many days I thought I did well with my protein intake, but my body did not absorb it all and my protein was borderline low when I had blood work done. After spreading the protein out over the day, I do feel more energetic. Since I'm in clinc by 7am and sometimes don't see my last patient until after 4pm, energy and the time to eat during the day has been a real issue. It's a bit hard to examine patients while munching on something......LOL

Breakfast 3 tbsp egg eaters 1/4 c turkey sausage crumbles.

10 am break Think Thin Bar chocolate fudge

lunch 1c Gazpacho with shrimp

3 pm break Quest Bar

dinner vegetable lasagna

A very good day!!

I'm 16 months out and at goal

3 months out:

Breakfast- 2/3 c egg beaters with 1tbl salsa and 1 tsp bacon bits

lunch- 2 oz roast turkey with sliced cucumbers and slice of Tomato 1tlb yogurt ranch dressing

snack- 1.5 oz turkey Jerky

dinner- 3 oz roast pork with roasted onion & pepper slices 5 brussel sprouts

snack- vanilla Protein fudge pop and of course lots of Water

Breakfast 2 eggs fried in 1 teaspoon olive oil

Exercised burned 430 calories

snack medium coffee with 2 cream 2 sugar and 2 tim bits chocolate flavor

lunch 1/2 cup black Beans with taco seasoning and taco sauce

snack: 1 cup cottage cheese

snack: cucumber 8 inch

dinner: 4 ounce can tuna, 2 cups herb spring mix , 2tbls lite ranch , half a white onion

1008 calories total and 78 grams of Protein

I think my potassium is low my legs are bruised all over and they are not going away!

Low K+ (potassium) can cause many symptoms and can affect the skin. Usually makes skin dry and lesions can appear. Cardiac symptoms are far more common. I would suggest having a complete blood panel, along with labs for checking your kidney function. Low potassium does not cause bruising, but thin blood can. All over-the-counter pain relievers thin blood, except for acetaminophen (Tylenol). Other meds that will thin your blood are steroids, some antidepressants, and many others. Low Vitamin C, zinc, and Vitamin K will also make you more prone to bruising, as well as the fact that you are a woman. If these bruises are associated with any severe pain or swelling, seek medical attention immediately.