Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Six Month Update...

I have made it six months. So far, minimal hair loss. All reports I read say Hair growth should regenerate after six months. So I am hoping I am past the "you are going to lose some hair phase". I have been religious taking all my Vitamins and minerals EVERY day.

I am down 60 pounds. It feels amazing being able to purchase pants in regular stores. It feels great being able to put my pants in the dryer without the fear of them not fitting when they come out. No more "hanging" my pants to dry. I am pleased when I see myself in photographs, I no longer cringe.

Very, very few people know that I had gastric sleeve surgery. Just feel like it is my own private journey. I find it interesting that many friends are "concerned" how much more weight I am going to lose. "You look perfect now". Funny how they never asked me in the past: "How much more weight do you planning on gaining?".

I focus on not sabotaging my weight. It is easy to have that glass of wine, or that handful or two of chips now. I remind myself I have been given an extreme weight loss tool with this surgery. It gets tiring refusing to let other people sabotage my weight, "Oh come on, you can have one cookie". I work on staying focused. I like how I feel now, I like how I can cross my legs now, I like that I don't have anxiety walking into a room.

My co-workers and such who do not know, constantly ask me how did you do it? I tell them I don't have the answers. I have done many things. Mainly, eating very little. It does amaze me now how much others eat. As had I, people have lost the concept of what a portion is.

Congrats on your success!!

Congratulations -- so good to hear about successes on the eve of my own surgery!

Congratulations! I'm 6 months out too. At 3 months my hair fell out more than usual but never got thin. I eat lots of Protein, take a Multivitamin, and use Nioxin Shampoo. My hair falls out a normal rate now. Hopefully, I'm safe! I've lost 75 pounds!

Congrats! And great post. We have to remain focused on ourselves. I know I reached my highest weights because I thought I wasn't worthy of that focus. But today, I make time for myself and my health. Everyone else in my life will benefit by proxy. : )