Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I HAVE NEVER HIT A STALL

I am 4 months Post Op and NEVER hit a STALL… :D Yeah for Me!!!! Okay, Okay, before everyone goes Ape ****, I will tell why. I only weigh Once a Month at the Doctors office. Every 30 days I get on the dreaded scale, and it is becoming my Friend, because I am always Much Less than the last time. Yes, I am Know I am Stalling Just like everyone else, but I don’t know when that is so it helps me mentally not focus on the negative and just plugging along doing what the doctor tells me.. Just a thought if you are getting frustrated with the daily or even weekly weigh ins, Don’t do it to yourself, Weigh Once a MONTH!. :)

Considering the sleeve is a lifetime change, I think weighing yourself once a month is a great idea! I think the sooner we can get to "normal" behaviors, the better. And I certainly don't want to obsess over the scale for the rest of my life.

I have been really discouraged lately and this has just made me smile! Thank you for this, what a great perspective!

10 weeks out and I have not stalled :). I weigh once a week the my losses have been between 2 and 5 pounds, hope it stays that way!!!

I have been really discouraged lately and this has just made me smile! Thank you for this, what a great perspective!

I know what you mean by discourgaged, I have been there too. I actually gave my scale away BEFORE i was sleeved, because I knew How I become, and would weigh ALL the time. Good Luck to you and Glad you Smiled today! :D

Semantics. You've never hit a stall that you have noticed.

That being said, its still good. If that works for you thats fantastic. For a lot of people that doesn't work out very well because since weigh in is so far away we are not careful then we crash diet the week before weigh in. No good.

I recorded weekly and only had one week without a loss during the entire loss phase, up until the point that I started ramping up the calories to ease into goal/maintenance. I can't say if that was a function of guy metabolism, or not doing the low carb thing (glycogen deprivation is one of the primary stall mechanisms,) or what. It's a big YMMV.

I am 4 months Post Op and NEVER hit a STALL… :D Yeah for Me!!!! Okay, Okay, before everyone goes Ape ****, I will tell why. I only weigh Once a Month at the Doctors office. Every 30 days I get on the dreaded scale, and it is becoming my Friend, because I am always Much Less than the last time. Yes, I am Know I am Stalling Just like everyone else, but I don’t know when that is so it helps me mentally not focus on the negative and just plugging along doing what the doctor tells me.. Just a thought if you are getting frustrated with the daily or even weekly weigh ins, Don’t do it to yourself, Weigh Once a MONTH!. :)

I like the way you think! :) I think some do themselves a disservice by weighing in too much. Especially the daily weigh-ins. But folks are gonna do what they do. LOL

I agree with your approach. I weigh every two weeks. I've never hit a stall either.

A tree falling in the woods all alone does make a sound... BUT, if you never see a stall on your scale? It didn't happen.

I was sleeve 3.5 weeks ago, and I am in a FOUR day stall already :(

I lost 22 lbs in first three weeks, now nothing.

I appreciate reading everyone's feedback on the the love-hate relationship I have with my scale.

Before this so-too early stall, I viewed my scale as a motivational tool: I would get on it see I lost 1 or 2 pounds--so I would be motivated to do the same thing (even increasing my exercise) daily.

You have all given me food for thought ( pardon the pun) about not getting on the scale daily.

Thank you ALL :)

I was sleeve 3.5 weeks ago' date=' and I am in a FOUR day stall already :(

I lost 22 lbs in first three weeks, now nothing.

I appreciate reading everyone's feedback on the the love-hate relationship I have with my scale.

Before this so-too early stall, I viewed my scale as a motivational tool: I would get on it see I lost 1 or 2 pounds--so I would be motivated to do the same thing (even increasing my exercise) daily.

You have all given me food for thought ( pardon the pun) about not getting on the scale daily.

Thank you ALL :)

[/quote']

Yay!! My 3rd week stall ended today with another 3 lb weight-loss!! That is 25 lbs lost since surgery on 4/16/13!

I am now below 200 lbs. Today it has been 4 weeks since my surgery!

I celebrated--not with cake, but with a 3 mile walk along our city's green belt!

Sent from my iPad using VST

I am 6 months out weigh daily and never experienced a stall. I'm glad but I reckon it evens itself out in the end anyway!