Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

is anyone going to the West Los Angeles Kaiser for their surgery?

I had mine a week ago at kaiser south bay and they were wonderful!

Don't know much about him , but he seems to be ok so far , let's see

I'll let you know wish me luck:)

GOOD LUCK! =)

Glad to hear it!

Hi Everyone,

I took my Options classes in Palmdale, but I am having my surgery at Kaiser WLA. I will see Dr. Um on 7/25/13. Hopefully, everything will be fine for them to schedule my surgery soon. How many days did any of you do the liquid diet before surgery? How quickly did Kaiser schedule your surgery after you meet with the surgeon.? Also how many days did any of you stay in the hospital? I am excited and a little anxiety regarding the surgery.

I'm getting sleeved 8/15 @kaiser harbor city !! Dr. Belzsberg is my surgeon !! Can't wait ????

Hello everyone. Just to let you know; today I meet with the surgeon so I will get my date. I am super excited. I have my list of questions for him. I am meeting with Dr Kim. My appointment is at 2pm. I am curious to find out how soon my new life will begin. I have been praying for this day it seems like forever. I have so much excitement, it is so hard to contain it while I am at work today until I leave for my appointment. I know I will be bouncing off the walls today and gleaming with heavenly joy.

Hello everyone. Just to let you know; today I meet with the surgeon so I will get my date. I am super excited. I have my list of questions for him. I am meeting with Dr Kim. My appointment is at 2pm. I am curious to find out how soon my new life will begin. I have been praying for this day it seems like forever. I have so much excitement' date=' it is so hard to contain it while I am at work today until I leave for my appointment. I know I will be bouncing off the walls today and gleaming with heavenly joy.[/quote']

We have the same surgeon! Dr. Kim is really nice and very informative... He had reviews my medical history before coming into the room so he didn't ask too many questions like other doctors normally do lol he came in like he already knew me which made me feel at ease... (I also thought he was extremely handsome, just an FYI)

After you meet with him they'll schedule you for a pre op with him & then with the anasteziologist (sp?) on the same day in about a week or so.... He'll have you take some final labs too... I believe his first available appts start mid-end October.I'm scheduled for Oct 11th :)

Good luck!! :)

Hi Everyone' date=' I took my Options classes in Palmdale, but I am having my surgery at Kaiser WLA. I will see Dr. Um on 7/25/13. Hopefully, everything will be fine for them to schedule my surgery soon. How many days did any of you do the liquid diet before surgery? How quickly did Kaiser schedule your surgery after you meet with the surgeon.? Also how many days did any of you stay in the hospital? I am excited and a little anxiety regarding the surgery.[/quote']

Dr Kim doesn't require any liquid diet, just no eating or drinking after midnight the day before surgery. My consult with dr Kim was at 8am they called me the same day around 2pm to schedule me in :) I'm scheduled for Oct 10th, I'm not too worried about staying extra in the hospital... I'm afraid of being in pain at home lol

I would like to thank every who commented on about Dr. Kim. He definitely lived up to everything everyone said about him. He was very polite, patient, answered all of my questions, explained everything in detailed, he reviewed my chart prior to seeing me like someone said so that really made me feel good. He asked questions that no other surgeon has ever asked me. That made me feel like he really knew his stuff. It really made me feel at ease with him.

I have to admit, I was skeptical of getting him at first cause I tend to do background checks on doctors that are going to be performing some kind of medical evasive procedure on me. When I started the options program, I looked up all of the surgeons' licenses to make sure they were valid and had no malpractice or no infractions on their records. Everyone else came back clean except for him. So when I found out I had him, I prayed and asked God to show me why he was given to me. He was given to me cause of my hesistance and he was testing my faith in him. With that being said, God is an awesome God and so is Dr. Kim from what I saw and heard when I met with him yesterday.

I would like to thank every who commented on about Dr. Kim. He definitely lived up to everything everyone said about him. He was very polite' date=' patient, answered all of my questions, explained everything in detailed, he reviewed my chart prior to seeing me like someone said so that really made me feel good. He asked questions that no other surgeon has ever asked me. That made me feel like he really knew his stuff. It really made me feel at ease with him. I have to admit, I was skeptical of getting him at first cause I tend to do background checks on doctors that are going to be performing some kind of medical evasive procedure on me. When I started the options program, I looked up all of the surgeons' licenses to make sure they were valid and had no malpractice or no infractions on their records. Everyone else came back clean except for him. So when I found out I had him, I prayed and asked God to show me why he was given to me. He was given to me cause of my hesistance and he was testing my faith in him. With that being said, God is an awesome God and so is Dr. Kim from what I saw and heard when I met with him yesterday.[/quote']

Yeyy he's a great doctor!

Congratulations! God is good !!! What surgery date did you get. Im also attending wla options class and want to get an estimate on how long the turn around time is from completing options till surgery scheduling. . Thank u

My date is 10/22/13. My pre op appointment is on the 16th. The one thing I loved about him is that he said he was going to clean up the previous scar tissue that I had from previous surgeries and if I had any hernias or anything else, it would be taken care at the same time. The question he asked that no other surgeon asked was about if I had a history of any degenerative diseases. I was shocked that he asked that. I had that as one of my questions to ask him and he answered the question before I asked him. I thought that was awesome.

I believe mine took a little longer cause my case manager sent my referral to the wrong department. I decided to follow up and got things moving. Sometimes you have to be your own advocate to make sure everything is moving according to plan.

How far are you in your classes?

My date is 10/22/13. My pre op appointment is on the 16th. The one thing I loved about him is that he said he was going to clean up the previous scar tissue that I had from previous surgeries and if I had any hernias or anything else, it would be taken care at the same time. The question he asked that no other surgeon asked was about if I had a history of any degenerative diseases. I was shocked that he asked that. I had that as one of my questions to ask him and he answered the question before I asked him. I thought that was awesome.

I believe mine took a little longer cause my case manager sent my referral to the wrong department. I decided to follow up and got things moving. Sometimes you have to be your own advocate to make sure everything is moving according to plan.

How far are you in your classes?