Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was May 6 also. I'm home and feeling good. I need to get more walking in but other than that I'm doing good.

May 6th here in N TX at Denton regional. I'm from OKC but due to insurance the best & closest Dr was Dr Daryl Stewart. I'm still in pain, taking loratab every 4 hrs while awake, went 8 hrs over night & woke up in horrible pain!! I getting fluids& Protein in & tracking on my fitness pal ap. ready to walk more and be off meds!! Overall hubby has been great being my gopher. Gluck u all!!! I feel healthier already! Here's to a new life, a new us!!

I had my surgery May 7. I too had a much harder time after surgery than I expected. Pain and nauseous. Dry heaving is not fun. Feel so much better now. Struggling with drinking Isopure. I'm not hungry at all. Congratulations to all of you!

I had my surgery May 7. I too had a much harder time after surgery than I expected. Pain and nauseous. Dry heaving is not fun. Feel so much better now. Struggling with drinking Isopure. I'm not hungry at all. Congratulations to all of you!

Hi lms71!

I was a may 7 op too! Where are you located?

Are u still in hospital and how is your recovery going?

sorry to hear about the pain and nausea some are experiencing...I think the gas is expected...I was sleeved May 6 and most of the gas is gone now...my biggest challenge so far has been getting in enough liquids and protein...I also second what some others have said....thank God for the IV pain pump

Hi lms71!

I was a may 7 op too! Where are you located?

Are u still in hospital and how is your recovery going?

I came home yesterday evening. I live in Plano, TX. Recovery has been ok. I am still taking pain meds pretty regularly. I really start hurting when it wears off. I walked quite a bit today (until big storm came in). That has helped some. Trying to get all liquids in is difficult. I haven't been that hungry either. How are you doing? Where do you live?

I had surgery Monday' date=' 6th, too!! In Huntsville, AL. So far so good, just feeling tired and stomach discomfort.[/quote']

Congrats I'm in Huntsville AL and had surgery on jan 28 with Dr Mailapur! I'm doing great and 63 lbs lighter

I'm in Philadelphia. I haven't been able to get liquids in. I'm not allowed Protein until Moday only Clear Liquids until then. I also haven't pooped yet but I guess I'm probably empty since I've only been drinking clear liquids for last three weeks.

Surgery on the 8th. Came home yesterday. The gas is greatly subsided but I am having lots of trouble getting in any fluids. I mean 2-3 sips of Water and I can feel my stomach cramping. I am on clear liquids till tomorrow then I can start yogurt, pudding, creamy Soups and the Protein Shakes but not sure I'll be able to get anything down. Hope this smoothes out soon.

Congrats I'm in Huntsville AL and had surgery on jan 28 with Dr Mailapur! I'm doing great and 63 lbs lighter

Congratulations to you! My surgeon was dr foreman. I'm now 4 days out and feeling great!!

Surgery on the 8th. Came home yesterday. The gas is greatly subsided but I am having lots of trouble getting in any fluids. I mean 2-3 sips of Water and I can feel my stomach cramping. I am on clear liquids till tomorrow then I can start yogurt' date=' pudding, creamy Soups and the Protein shakes but not sure I'll be able to get anything down. Hope this smoothes out soon.[/quote']

I had the same problem yesterday w getting my fluids in, everytime I'd take a sip I could feel my tummy cramp. SF Jello and warm herbal tea seem to go down better. The cramping is much improved today already & I've been able to finish a 16.9 oz bottle of G2 w relative ease. I hope the same for you.

I had surgery Monday, 6th, too!! In Huntsville, AL. So far so good, just feeling tired and stomach discomfort.

Hi, I had my surgery Monday the 6th in Huntsville, AL also. Dr. Mailapur done my surgery.

I came home yesterday evening. I live in Plano' date=' TX. Recovery has been ok. I am still taking pain meds pretty regularly. I really start hurting when it wears off. I walked quite a bit today (until big storm came in). That has helped some. Trying to get all liquids in is difficult. I haven't been that hungry either. How are you doing? Where do you live?[/quote']

Sounds like your on track!

I'm doing ok. I'm still in hospital but hope to come home today.

I'm not on any pain meds but totally understand why you need them. I'm still pretty sore myself but I really think the walking helps.

I'm not hungry either! It's so weird not to have that constant nagging all the time!

I'm in Melbourne Australia.

So when I'm home ill be on liquid until Tuesday then I'm onto puréed foods. Scary!