Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, so I am 5.5 weeks post op. I am getting in great Protein numbers, my calories are under almost every day. That is all I had been focusing on, but it looks like my carb number is higher than people online say I should get. I get my carbs from dairy pretty much since I am not eating the typical carbs I have been used to. no bread, rice, Pasta, potato.

I have been in the never ending stall... I can feel my body shifting still, so I guess that isn't horrible, but I want the scale number too move as well.

if I am eating less than 800 calories and my carbs are from milk and cottage cheese, will I NOT be able to lose weight? This seems baffling to me. I was always told that milk is good for me. I crave milk like some people crave candy. I have a cup of milk every night. It is what I look forward to most of the day (I actually smile as I sip it). I usually have cottage cheese in the morning.

I really don't want to cut out my milk, so is this really what could be holding me back??? Will suffering thru the sleeve really have no progress if I drink milk and eat cottage cheese???

I have made MASSIVE changes in my diet and entire routine. I have incorporated walking almost every day and like I said earlier... I eat about 800 or less calories a day almost entirely protein... my Protein intake averages around 100g each day.

Ugh.... frustration is getting to me :( I want my new life to show on the scale!!!! I lost 24 pounds within the first week of surgery... then got to 29 lb loss pretty soon after and the scale refuses to move since then. I know there are stalls, but shouldn't my body be used to my new eating habits? Could my menstral cycle affect the stall? I should have had my period about 2 week ago (sorry for the tmi), and I have had the PMS symptoms for the past 2 weeks... could I be retaining Water (for another PMS symptom) and that holding up my weight loss?

Any suggestions??? help please

Are you taking B12

your body is going thru some massive changes, and its holding on just give it time and it will happen, I understand how frustrating it can been I have had a few stalls and it is hard not to see the scale move but you need to stop looking at the scale numbers and just see how your body is changing and how you are feeling. and yes your cycle can affect it also. are you getting your Water in? that is another big thing and sleep also. but just be patiant and it will come off

Not even 6 weeks out and down almost 30 lbs? Way to go! Look at my sad slow loss.. But I know I'm doing everything right so I'm just going with the flow. I haven't had milk since before surgery. Too many carbs for me and I take a Calcium supplement.

Hang in there and just do what's healthy for your new life

neither my NUt nor my surgeon gave me any limit on carbs. Obviously i'm not eating bread or Pasta etc yet, but they told me the only thing they want me to focus on the first 3 months is Water and Protein. Most days i do get under 50g of carbs, but a few days have been upwards of 80 and i haven't had any issues with that. If you are really unsure, call your doctor and ask. Since every doc is different in what they want you to be doing, that will be the best way to get your answer i think. Good luck!

I think it's WAY too early to decide you're going to have to drop milk from your plan to be successful. Stalls are unfortunately common, and sometimes they last WAY too long. I dropped milk early on to avoid the carbs, but I do still consume yogurt and cottage cheese. For mixing Protein Shakes, or to add to my coffee, I substitute almond milk for cow's milk - lower in calories as well as carbs, but also lower in Protein. But I'm not drinking it straight, so the flavor difference didn't bother me much, and it adds a satisfying creaminess to protein shakes.< /p>

Really, sometimes a stall is just a stall.

My dr said not to worry about carbs focus on Protein and getting in fluids, watch calories and then worry about carbs only if weight loss stops. However you do need some carbs so your milk is fine and enjoy it its good for you.

Are you taking B12

Yes I am. I take B12, Multivitamin and a prescription for Nexium.