Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Watermelon and Funyuns

When first getting the surgery, people told me my palette would change. However, being almost 5 months post op, my appetite has switched back into full gear and I'm having the weirdest craving.. Watermelon and Funyons, together, have become a favorite of mines. I use to love the 2 prior to surgery, but now when i see watermelon, i immediately want the funyuns with them and vice versa. Not only does it taste like everything i ever wanted in life, but it also goes down with no problem and i feel satisfied. Anything else i eat, aside from shakes and Water, i can get 2.5 bites in and im done. With the funyuns, i can eat an entire (small) bad and about 1/2 a cup of watermelon. I really gotta get the chips under control. odd combo, but when i'm really having a craving this 120 calorie bag of chips and 35 calorie 1/2 cup of watermelon really does the trick... I probably eat this maybe once every 3 days.

Ha! That is a strange combo! I do love me some watermelon though, and since it's mostly Water anyway, I won't feel bad about having it post surgery (when I get to the full liquid stage...which my doc has Watermelon and papaya in that stage as well...).

Funyuns have hardly anything to them though...they kinda melt in your mouth...so I can see how you can eat a whole bag...ha!

watermelon is easy because of the high Water content. Funyuns and other carbs are considered slider foods because they pass through very easily without making you feel full or providing any nutritional content. So be careful, it's cool in moderation, but don't give in to every craving or you'll sabotage your weight loss.

Weird combo - I wonder if it has to do with our hormones? Estrogen is stored in fat, so when you start losing weight, you're flooded with extra hormones, too.

1. watermelon is easy because of the high Water content. Funyuns and other carbs are considered slider foods because they pass through very easily without making you feel full or providing any nutritional content. So be careful, it's cool in moderation, but don't give in to every craving or you'll sabotage your weight loss.

Weird combo - I wonder if it has to do with our hormones? Estrogen is stored in fat, so when you start losing weight, you're flooded with extra hormones, too.

you could be right! when i first started doing it my mom kept asking if i was prego.. im like no, its just what i want. I def need to keep in moderation tho.

I'm definitely not trying to be critical - obviously you're doing great with the weight loss! But it doesn't hurt to be reminded, right? ;)

Plus, c'mon, FUNYUNS ARE DELICIOUS! Tho, Doritos are my fav. I've always been a weirdo who liked to dip her Doritos in cottage cheese. Now I can pretend it's healthy for me! (in moderation, of course)

[*]

you could be right! when i first started doing it my mom kept asking if i was prego.. im like no' date=' its just what i want. I def need to keep in moderation tho.[/quote']

That's funny because I'm a 47 year old male with 4 kids and Pregnant was my first thought I would have bet on it !!!

When first getting the surgery' date=' people told me my palette would change. However, being almost 5 months post op, my appetite has switched back into full gear and I'm having the weirdest craving.. Watermelon and Funyons, together, have become a favorite of mines. I use to love the 2 prior to surgery, but now when i see watermelon, i immediately want the funyuns with them and vice versa. Not only does it taste like everything i ever wanted in life, but it also goes down with no problem and i feel satisfied. Anything else i eat, aside from shakes and Water, i can get 2.5 bites in and im done. With the funyuns, i can eat an entire (small) bad and about 1/2 a cup of watermelon. I really gotta get the chips under control. odd combo, but when i'm really having a craving this 120 calorie bag of chips and 35 calorie 1/2 cup of watermelon really does the trick... I probably eat this maybe once every 3 days.[/quote']

I can understand the odd combo the sweet and salty tastes together. just make sure you keep to your plan by eating your special snack in moderation

Weird... I crave watermelon and Funyuns too, lol