Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone smoke after surgery?

Allow me to clarify. I smoked Pre Op and ended up smoking a couple months post op to help with Constipation, honestly. I got heartburn more than I did Pre Op, and it made me nauseous. Your choice. For me it wasn't worth it. I've been putting up my cigarette money for clothes and goal rewards :)

Not true. Your doc may have' date=' but mine did not. I came out just fine and I have lost over 50lbs in less then 3 months. So while smoking isn't the best thing, I imagine its better then coming home and shooting up heroin.

And please don't get holier then thou about smoking. My doc new I was using the patch to try and quit.

Also if you were to scream at me because I was smoking in a permitted area and my smoke blew within a foot of you I would get right back in your face. Would you like it if when you were overweight and someone screamed at you because your stomach almost touched them?

I don't condone smoking. All smokers know its bad. It's dangerous. But how would bashing and belittling someone ever help them stop?[/quote']

I am allergic to cigarette smoke so if u did that id end up in the hospital. Also the analogy doesnt make any sense, someone's stomach touching you doesnt harm you but 2nd hand smoke can kill. I also dont think she was getting holier but just saying her dr gave a nicotene test

I am allergic to cigarette smoke so if u did that id end up in the hospital. Also the analogy doesnt make any sense' date=' someone's stomach touching you doesnt harm you but 2nd hand smoke can kill. I also dont think she was getting holier but just saying her dr gave a nicotene test[/quote']

Actually the quote was "they'll give a nicotine test". So in fact it was implied all docs give it. It was not said that their doc gave one.

Their being offended by a smoker is like someone being offended by a fat person. Both can kill but your screaming does nothing to help or change the fact. It only hurts the person and that might cause deep insecurities and depression.

Also for second hand smoke to kill you would have to be exposed to a higher concentration then passing someone on the street.

Going by your allergies I'm guessing you never smoked, so it is difficult to understand just how hard it is to quit.

God people I never said its good so let's all smoke.

The statement " most doctors won't operate on smokers" is not true. if you have good insurance and are in good health you will get whatever operation you need/want for the most part. I am certain there are some doctors that will stand upon principle and refuse a smoker, but this isn't the majority by a long shot.

Medicine is a business, a business is established in order to make money. That's the fact. Anyone thinking that the majority of doctors chose their profession in order to satisfy a burning need to "help people" would be incorrect. They choose to make money.

I don't blame them:)

Yes I smoke and I am 7 weeks out. Dr said not to smoke the first 21 days. Yes I am aware of the consequences. Its personal choice.

How has ur healing process progressed? Just curious.

I am fine. No complications. Down 42 lbs.

I think is a personal choice but smoking contribute to alot of our health problems .. I smoked before pre op but about time I had surgery I was 11 months off of cigs .. I had surgery for better health some ppl just want to be small and getting healthy is not there main focus just my two cent agree or disagree my opinion

I think is a personal choice but smoking contribute to alot of our health problems .. I smoked before pre op but about time I had surgery I was 11 months off of cigs .. I had surgery for better health some ppl just want to be small and getting healthy is not there main focus just my two cent agree or disagree my opinion

Yup I didn't care about anything OTHER then being skinny. Thank god I can soon wear A&F, mock the fat kids, and look cool smoking.

Duh this is a transformation. Transformations take time. I love how because some aren't able to quit smoking right away they don't give a hoot about their health and they just want to be skinny. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY they can be working on overall health. Nope. Not possible.

Smh... Disgusted.

I love how one question sets off a chain reaction or ridiculous responses. OP asked a question. Your job is to answer it to the best of your ability and move on. No one needs lectures on "transformations" and nicotine tests and second hand smoke. Let me get a step stool so you all can get off your high horses.

SMH indeed.

I love how one question sets off a chain reaction or ridiculous responses. OP asked a question. Your job is to answer it to the best of your ability and move on. No one needs lectures on "transformations" and nicotine tests and second hand smoke. Let me get a step stool so you all can get off your high horses.

SMH indeed.

Would you like to use it first?

Would you like to use it first?

No, thanks pumpkin! Won't be needing it ;)

No' date=' thanks pumpkin! Won't be needing it ;)[/quote']

But weren't you just up on a high horse lecturing about how people need to just answer and not lecture?

To the op

I tried so hard to quit. Patches, gum, cold turkey, hypnosis... I just wasn't able to make it stick. But as far as healing, I'm doing fine. No complications and decent weight loss.

Again, I don't condone after surgery but I'm doing fine.

Ohhh cupcake. And probably will need a smoke after one of those. After not having one for so long it might be almost as good a sex!!LoL!!

:-D

I stopped smoking about 2weeks ago....for pre op and I would love a cig right about now. ... to many ppl are pushing to quit.... Quit when your ready, so you know you won't fall back