Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What do you do at the movies?

I haven't been to the movies yet but do plan to have popcorn. Will buy a small, put a cup or two into a small bag or cup and that's my portion. Count it toward my daily totals....and enjoy.

I was cleared for all foods, which includes popcorn, at 8 weeks. I have had it, and have had no problems. I am now 10 weeks.

I get popcorn. I don't see anything wrong with it. I get a small, I account for it in my fitness pal and move on.

What about just enjoying the movie? I look at my "naturally thin" friends and realize that they are not really "naturally" anything - they just have better habits than me. I really struggle with trying not to center everything around food - but for movies I have made this conscious choice. I have been to many movies post surgery and I have just not gotten anything and just my Water bottle - it can be done' date=' it is just a matter of changing the mindset. For me - eating during a movie is mindless and a habit that I need to get over because I am not able to control my eating just yet and would be afraid that a little would turn into a lot![/quote']

Most of my skinny friends eat 3 or 4 times the amount of me

I have a handful or 2 at the movies, I just account for it in my fitness pal and my carb count for the day. As long as you are in the healed phase and don't overeat I think why not.

I've been to the movies several times and luckily the popcorn smell doesn't have me craving it yet. I'll take some spicy peanuts and halfway through the movie, I'll drink my sugar free flavored water :)

At first I had a Decaf soy latte. Filling, 8 grams of Protein and a treat for me. Later, beef Jerky, lunch meat and string cheese, Special K crackers, and then popcorn after I was about 6 months out. I don't go to movies often, so popcorn is ok. If I went more often, I'd have to learn to go snack free or choose a lower calorie snack. One I used in diets preop was baby carrots and sugar snap peas with a little seasoned salt.

Lynda

I just went to the movie at one month post-op. I carried in a completely full (20oz.) shaker bottle with unflavored Protein powder and a single packet of sugar-free mixed berry limeade. It was nice to sip on something sweet, and I worked on my Protein and Fluid intake without having to try too hard. I love popcorn, but I really ever only eat it in the movie theater. I imagine in the future, on the rare occasion I do go to the movie, I'll have a bit of the bag I buy for my kids.

post-165959-0-82088900-1389323237_thumb.jpg

What is fitness pal?

My fitness pal is a food tracker/diary both in website and phone app form.

I bring a Protein shake and drink it while I watch the movie! I find it fills me up and I don't even want the popcorn then!

I am with Altagirl 100%. Maybe we could use a little practice of not making food the center of all our activities. I can tell you this has helped me, and like any habit, it can be made to work (if you cant).

As to our friend who said that skinny folks eat 2 - 3 times the amount... well not mine, in the bad ol days!

popcorn - slider food, eat a lot and it compresses down without filling. Also it is all carb, so I am avoiding it, because I am a simple carb addict!!!

What about just enjoying the movie? I look at my "naturally thin" friends and realize that they are not really "naturally" anything - they just have better habits than me. I really struggle with trying not to center everything around food - but for movies I have made this conscious choice. I have been to many movies post surgery and I have just not gotten anything and just my Water bottle - it can be done, it is just a matter of changing the mindset. For me - eating during a movie is mindless and a habit that I need to get over because I am not able to control my eating just yet and would be afraid that a little would turn into a lot!

I don't eat. :D

And I avoid the premium movie theaters where you "have to" buy a meal/popcorn/drink.