Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Newme' date=' I think I have been doing the same thing...have not lost weight in a few days, having trouble reaching my Protein goal, sick of shakes and Soups, and not getting many calories either...... Luckily I will switch to pureed foods this week too (will be 2 weeks out on Wed) and I think that will help me get my Proteins. Good luck to you and thanks for posting this!![/quote']

I am in the same boat. Sick of shakes And soups. I am startin week three today!

Do u all feel sicky like in the morning? I do.

Also I sleep with a cpap and sometimes wake up with a super dry mouth. I have a humidifier on it , so not sure why thi s happens. Any thoughts?

Are you taking reglan or antiacids: makes my mouth dry.

Try biotene mouthwash at cvs.

I have a red rash on my stomach along where I injected my lovenox (blood thinner) shots. My doctor had me do self injections for two weeks after surgery. Just as I was finishing my last day of injection, a red splotch appeared, similar to hives. Then it appeared on the other side of my stomach two days later. Anyone ever have this? I tried hydrocortisone and drinking benedryll but it didn't help. I called my doctors office yesterday and I'm waiting for a call back. The rash/hives are super itchy!

Hi Newme' date=' I think I have been doing the same thing...have not lost weight in a few days, having trouble reaching my Protein goal, sick of shakes and Soups, and not getting many calories either...... Luckily I will switch to pureed foods this week too (will be 2 weeks out on Wed) and I think that will help me get my Proteins. Good luck to you and thanks for posting this!![/quote']

Hi Brenda, yes I was tired of that too. I know that warm food soothes us not like cold foods or in our case drinks kinda gets tiring. Good luck with the puree stage and don't be discouraged by not loosing to fast. In a way its ok so the skin can shrink as we lose the weight and wont have to much flabby skin :-)

Take care

I am in the same boat. Sick of shakes And Soups. I am startin week three today!

Also I sleep with a cpap and sometimes wake up with a super dry mouth. I have a humidifier on it ' date=' so not sure why thi s happens. Any thoughts?[/quote']

Hi SheWins1

Are you also starting the puree stage?

I don't feel sick, but I do wake up with dry mouth and bitter....yuck !

I have to brush my teeth 2-3 times a day because with all the Protein and Vitamins my mouth tastes like metal kinda and bitter.

I read in another post that it had to do with our body being in ketosis mode. I googled it and its true we will have "ketosis breath" for a bit until we add a bit of carbs.

Hi June sleevers! I just thought I would post here because I was sleeved 1 year ago on June 18' date=' 2012, I just had my 1 yr checkup today and I thought you would like to see my Drs official photos, I still have 32 lbs to goal.

Sent from Gaye's iPad Mini using VST[/quote']

Youve done so great. You are an inspiration to all of us!

Also I sleep with a cpap and sometimes wake up with a super dry mouth. I have a humidifier on it ' date=' so not sure why thi s happens. Any thoughts?[/quote']

Some mornings I do feel a little quesy but it passes.....I think it need to take my omeprazole more often....

I also sleep with a CPAP and wake up with cotton mouth...I thought I must have my mouth open, which I only do if my nose gets stuffed up.....nowI am wondering.....out had not happened the last couple of nights though...

I am supposed to start purees tomorrow but I could not wait one more day....started today and already feeling better, passed my Protein requirement, almost at my liquid requirement.

I have a red rash on my stomach along where I injected my lovenox (blood thinner) shots. My doctor had me do self injections for two weeks after surgery. Just as I was finishing my last day of injection' date=' a red splotch appeared, similar to hives. Then it appeared on the other side of my stomach two days later. Anyone ever have this? I tried hydrocortisone and drinking benedryll but it didn't help. I called my doctors office yesterday and I'm waiting for a call back. The rash/hives are super itchy![/quote']

Did you ever hear back? I had that about 3 days after my surgery, lasted about 3 days, I put caladryl on it, that helped. Not sure what caused it and it has not recurred since.

Some mornings I do feel a little quesy but it passes.....I think it need to take my omeprazole more often....

I also sleep with a CPAP and wake up with cotton mouth...I thought I must have my mouth open' date=' which I only do if my nose gets stuffed up.....nowI am wondering.....out had not happened the last couple of nights though...

I am supposed to start purees tomorrow but I could not wait one more day....started today and already feeling better, passed my Protein requirement, almost at my liquid requirement.[/quote']

Please tell me what you r eating for purée stage just started yesterday.

Please tell me what you r eating for purée stage just started yesterday.

Hi Lirpa, For lunch I had a 4oz unsweetened applesauce cup, 1/2 of a ripe avocado (mashed) about 4oz; for dinner I had a 4oz can of "Underwood chicken spread" which is chopped chicken...I pureed it with a little bit of apple sauce, very watery, but oh so good!!! With those foods and the one shake I had for Breakfast I reached 73g Protein today! I have an 8oz cup of skim milk starting about a half hour after each meal too....of course it takes me over an hour for each meal, lol

Today I bought bananas, strawberries, pears, yellow squash, butternut squash, and potatoes...all of which will be pureed/mashed for parts of my meals....I got the canned chicken, some canned ham, Vienna sausages, tuna and Salisbury steaks (those are mainly for my son but I may try to puree one in a few days for myself), lol....I also got natural Peanut Butter to add to a chocolate shake if I want to, and applesauce...

For Breakfast tomorrow, I wanted to have eggs...but realized I forgot to buy them today lol......so I will figure something out--proteins first though Lol...

What did you have today?? What are you planning?

I went to my 2 week follow up today and was ok'ed for puree foods ( 2 wks) ' date=' however I was reprimanded because I was very low on my calorie intake which was 340 a day

So my Doc said my body is in starvation mode and will not release any fat at all. He has me now at 600-800 good calories 80g of Protein and 15g of carbs no sugar. Oh I have to eat 5-6 xs a day thats not counting Protein shakes and Water intake..... Over all I was harming myself :-( but he said I can turn it around and reach my goal!

Now can some one tell me how to get 600 calories in please because I dont know how....its so weird before I could eat a piece of cheese cake or a burger and there was my 600 calories :-) please HELP.....![/quote']

I'd like to know the same thing because I'm only eating 150-250 cal per day...

I have been feeling like a stall. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks out. I am down 24 lbs post surgery and 38 total. I lost 19 lbs the first week and then 2.5 lbs for week two and three and nothing this week. My husband keeps telling me that I look like I lost much more. All my clothes are falling off. I will weight myself on the 10th' date=' it will be one month out. I decided after the first month that I will weigh once a week on Saturday's. I am happy that I am smaller and feel slightly better. I think I have been having the Keto flu. Still not up to my old self. Thanks for all the help along the way.[/quote']

Congrats nd hope the scale mives tomorrow

I'd like to know the same thing because I'm only eating 150-250 cal per day...

Wow dats not a lot at all