Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't forget your check list:

Pre surgery "biggest looser style photos" front and side

Post surgery: don't use straws.. You will get extra air in your stomach...

I have to wait two weeks to exercise again.. :( but want to swim/ Water walking soon after anyone told how long to wait before getting incision wet? (Private pool not public)

Don't forget your check list:

Pre surgery "biggest looser style photos" front and side

Post surgery: don't use straws.. You will get extra air in your stomach...

I have to wait two weeks to exercise again.. :( but want to swim/ Water walking soon after anyone told how long to wait before getting incision wet? (Private pool not public)

My doc told me to wait 4weeks!!! Even in a private pool because the risk of chemical infection. :( I'm heartbroken as well.

S- Day this Friday I can't believe it's almost here :) not loving the thought of Protein Drinks another 2 weeks BUT IT IS WHAT IT IS !! : "Nothing changes if nothing changes, and if I keep doing what I've always done, I'll keep getting what I've always got, and will keep feeling what I always felt." SO TRUE :)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Settie, I am now on postop day11. I am just starting to get some energy back. The first week I slept for 6 hours and was awake for 6 hours, rinse and repeat. Now this week I am slowly increasing the amount of time I am awake.

I must tell u that I did have a set back at the 7 day mark. Shhhhh, dont tell anyone...I drove myself to my postop visit. 45 minute drive one way in my stick shift Mini Cooper. Yeah that didnt end well, I was in so much discomfort by the time I got home I was in tears. I havent left the house since.

So yesterday I was up about 12 hours and I slept about 10 hours. Give yourself a break and a chance to recoup.

So today is my 7 days out. My family left for vacation and I have to drive 1.5 hours to my moms so she can drive the the rest of the way to my post op appointment. So I have been doing a lot this weekend and I was so exhausted. I did cheat last night because my son and his wife both sleeved by my dr said that I should eat something. They recommenced some mash potatoes. Yum. I had a little and I was so happy and I actually woke up with energy. So I am going to eat some for Breakfast and keep drinking my fluids. I think I will sleep at my moms tonight. Not to much stress. I will keep it light. Thanks for your in put!

11th day post op.....down 13.6 happy but today bad emotional day! Feeling great but every time I look at the tv there's a commercial on food! I tell myself all I want is one bite! I know I'm gonna stick to this- full liquids looking forward to puréed starting fri! Just gotta get to fri! And I know it's just one bad day.....sleep time tomorrow is another day! Gotta make it a good one!

Ok enough of my pity party----- best of luck to those getting sleeved tomorrow ! Your new journey begins! Those getting close- hang tough your time is coming!

"Skinny is the new US!!"

Girl, I told my husband we need to watch some movies because I am sick of seeing food commercials. I may not be hungery but this sucks. It is like a virgin being teased by male dancers. Really! It is so not fair. I can watch my family eat and I am cool. But commercials have some type of draw to them. I feel your pain

18lbs? What are u eating? So 18lbs since the 10th?

Great job. i was done on the 11th and am down 13lbs

One week post op. YEAH! Down 19.5 lbs. I was shocked when I got on the scale. I was a slug all week. I did drink fluids and eat sf pops. Yesterday my son and his wife said that I had no energy and I should start my phase 2. I agreed and I got some mash potatoes. YUM. I have energy! I plan on eating some more for Breakfast and drinking my fluids. Sorry guys I a drinking form a straw. It is the only way to get fluids in. Thank GOD not gas! So my mom is driving me to my appointment because it is 3 hours away, but I have to drive 1.5 hours to her house. My family left this morning for vacation in my car. I am stuck with the kids car and my husbands truck. Which one shall I drive? Which ever one I can get in and be comfortably. I see different weight loss and I am glad for that. All our doctors are different and the post op diets are different. My DR only allowed broth, sf pop sickles, and Clear Liquids. I see others were drinking Protein Shakes. I wills start that today. Do not be upset by how much you loose just be happy we are in the loosing bracket! I am. I may be loosing weight but I am gaining the ability to balance better and walk better. I am hoping all my knee and ankle pain go bye bye. I have been blessed to have no ill effects from surgery. I only used liquid Tylenol for pain. My pain medication has never been opened. I hope to keep it that way. On the other hand I have not started exercising yet.

Surgery tomorrow for me I am asking for anyone that can and would like to' date=' to please pray, I am a little nervous![/quote']

Father I have sinned and I repent, plz hear my prayer on behalf of your child here. You know exactly the outcome of this and we pray for your peace and protection over "awalsh" while being in the hands of her surgeons nd caregivers. We ask Father that you guide the hands of all those involved in the care of this procedure, that it may be a blessing for now nd the future. You are the gr8 Physician and we know that You are in charge of our ultimate care, so with that said, let us have Faith that Your child will do gr8 w a speedy recovery. Ease the anxieties and give them peace of mind, body n spirit. We love you Father. It is in Jesus name I pray, Amen.

God Bless, nd luk how ur doing as soon as you can, ur gonna do gr8! Xxxx, Dee Dee

bodyweight.png?ts=1371479544

I was sleeved on the 11th also and was just wondering what everyone else had lost. I've also lost 10 lbs in 6 days!!! That's just crazy! That's a total of 58 since January.

So yesterday I attended a crawfish boil. I just sat there and ate my sugar free pop sickles and drank Water. I did not do anything. I am usually the funny life of the party kind of girl. Not yesterday. I just sat there. I was supposed to attend my cousins wedding that night. Ha Ha yeah right. I told my husband I needed to go around 5 pm. I came home and was falling asleep while watching TV. I told my husband I was going to lay down. That was 6 pm. I woke up again at 12 midnight and when back to bed. I woke up at 334 and went back to bed and finally got up at 420 am. Yes I slept all that time. How am I going back to work in a week? Anybody else having these problems? I am exhausted. I am so not the girl I was before surgery. I don't talk or joke. I just sit there like a zombie. Never thought this type of surgery would change who I am. I want my personality back.

Sounds like sheer exhaustion and maybe some depression, but I am not a Dr....rest all that you can and I bet you will feel more like your old self in a few days!! Praying for you.

Yes I can relate. I'm getting it same day as you and scared anticipating the pain plus 6 weeks of modified diet' date=' but I know it will all be worth it. My dr made me do three weeks of a pre op liquid diet so I'm very tired of Protein Shakes and not looking forward to three more weeks of liquid after surgery. Other than that, yes I do get to feeling like its gonna be so weird how I will relate to life without the same eating habits. But then I just think of the weight loss that lies ahead and it gives me hope.[/quote']

I was sleeved on June 13 and I am still amazed that I dont feel anything different in my stomach area besides the minor soreness and gas grumblings. It is a challenge to get all the liquids in since I dont feel hungry or thirsty so I am just doing 8 little one ounce cups plus Water that I fill up and drink every hour. Its amazing how much energy you have, I completed 68 laps around the nurses station in the 3 days I was there and on the day of the surgery 8 laps. I got up this morning and walked this morning .7 miles.

I'm sleeved! In my room, did very well according to the doctor. Still a little pain, can't wait until I can get up, walk around and pee!!

Anxious to see how I handle fluids. Mouth is soooo dry.