Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Changed to May 9th

So I spoke to Ronda, with A Lighter Me, and changed my surgery date to May 9th. I wanted the 8th so I wouldn't miss the first day of summer school but I decided I'm not doing summer school this semester. I need a freaking break. Thankfully, it worked out well since Dr. Lopez has too many surgeries scheduled for the 8th. I think he's at 5, when he usually does 2 or 3. On the 9th he only has mine and one other person's scheduled so I feel better about it.

But OMG, the fight with United to change my reservations. Generally you pay the change fee and the price difference and it's no big deal. Well the customer service rep ran my card, but the United system didn't update, so she tried to update it again, which ran my card again. The second time, she got a decline, because I'm broke. I had enough in there for one change fee and that's all. What followed was the most frustrating sequence of events, that took freaking hours, and finally had me contacting the complaint department, their Facebook page, and the VP head of customer service. As a disabled veteran, I was not freaking playing. You can't put a hold on someone's money and then blame them for not having more money. Thankfully, a complaint rep called me back a few hours later and fixed everything.

So I'm now a May 9th patient. I drink my laxative and start my 3 day liquid diet in the morning.

Any May 9th people in the house?

That sounds like such a hassle with United! Could you just go down a day early and stay at a hotel? Unless you got it sorted already that is.

It was nice to chat today. Good luck on the three day diet.

So I spoke to Ronda, with A Lighter Me, and changed my surgery date to May 9th. I wanted the 8th so I wouldn't miss the first day of summer school but I decided I'm not doing summer school this semester. I need a freaking break. Thankfully, it worked out well since Dr. Lopez has too many surgeries scheduled for the 8th. I think he's at 5, when he usually does 2 or 3. On the 9th he only has mine and one other person's scheduled so I feel better about it.

But OMG, the fight with United to change my reservations. Generally you pay the change fee and the price difference and it's no big deal. Well the customer service rep ran my card, but the United system didn't update, so she tried to update it again, which ran my card again. The second time, she got a decline, because I'm broke. I had enough in there for one change fee and that's all. What followed was the most frustrating sequence of events, that took freaking hours, and finally had me contacting the complaint department, their Facebook page, and the VP head of customer service. As a disabled veteran, I was not freaking playing. You can't put a hold on someone's money and then blame them for not having more money. Thankfully, a complaint rep called me back a few hours later and fixed everything.

So I'm now a May 9th patient. I drink my laxative and start my 3 day liquid diet in the morning.

Any May 9th people in the house?

Good Luck to you sistah! I am scheduled on the 22nd. KEEP US UPDATED

Luckily, it all got worked out and I'm leaving her Wednesday for surgery on Thursday. Lord help me.

That sounds like such a hassle with United! Could you just go down a day early and stay at a hotel? Unless you got it sorted already that is.

It was nice to chat today. Good luck on the three day diet.

I'll keep you updated on the good, the bad, and the ugly. Please pray for me if you remember and you get a chance.

Good Luck to you sistah! I am scheduled on the 22nd. KEEP US UPDATED

How was your first pre-op day?

It's sucked. I was just about to do a post on it. Thank GOD for organic better than bouillon chicken base from costco. It's been a God send. I know I couldn't have done it without that broth.< /p>

At Costco's. I think it's on the spice aisle.

Girl are you sleeved?? How are you doing?

Hi ya'll! I'm back and I'm sleeved. It happened Thursday and I'm alive to tell the tale. It was rough for a long minute there - vomiting, pain, exhaustion - but I made it through. Friday was loads better and Saturday was ok also. Sunday, today, has been rough. I'm tired and this freaking drain hurts. I don't know if it's infected or not but it hurts to move around, even a little. The doctor is coming by tonight to remove it so we'll see.

I don't have a ton of time but I wanted to let ya'll know I'm ok. I'm about to head off to take a nap. I'll update some more later. Hugs everybody and thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.