Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas for what to tell people?

Good idea. My life is pretty damn perfect and I should go on and enjoy it rather than hang around here and continue what has started to feel like trying to bang my head against what feels like a wall full of ignorance.

I have had a good laugh or two though' date=' so thanks for that. Because I am not perfect, I do have flaws, one of which is clearly laughing at those who are just not the sharpest tool in the shed but try and play regardless.

[/quote']

Ok lady you have gone to far....

Good idea. My life is pretty damn perfect and I should go on and enjoy it rather than hang around here and continue what has started to feel like trying to bang my head against what feels like a wall full of ignorance.

I have had a good laugh or two though' date=' so thanks for that. Because I am not perfect, I do have flaws, one of which is clearly laughing at those who are just not the sharpest tool in the shed but try and play regardless.

[/quote']

I dont get why you think it is such a crime to lie but to insult people is okay. I assure you I am smarter than you!

I'm new to this forum but feel that

everyone has to do what they feel is best in their particular circumstances. The rest of us need to respect that.

We are a community here. We need each other. If we didn't we wouldn't be here.

There is plenty of judgement and condemnation that we may have to face in our own personal lives as we are on this journey.

There's a saying I've read on this forum that I think is powerful...

"Sleeved and Freed".

Today as I read all your posts...

I just want you all to remember that you are "Sleeved and Freed"...

That's all that matters...

So if you go to the doctor and someone asks you why' date=' you don't have a problem telling a coworker that it "burns when you pee" and you have a "smelly discharge from your genitals"?

Instead of just saying you weren't feeling well?

Not everyone needs to know everything. People have an actual RIGHT to privacy.

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Hmm, this is a situation you've dealt with? Sorry, I cannot relate.

The funny thing is almost EVERYONE disagrees with you. When that happens it makes you wonder who is the hard headed ignorant one?

So, you view lying as an acceptable practice? This is what you teach your children?

All right. So I'm due back at work next week and I'm definitely ready to get out of the house!

My question is' date=' what did you guys tell people when you didn't want to reveal the real surgery?

I'm at a loss. Some coworkers can be inquisitive. I won't say "nosey" because they're all very nice, but I'm sure they'll ask where I've been for 3 weeks and notice the ~15 lbs lost!

My thoughts were to say something about stomach ulcers. Or maybe something about my PCOS. I DO have PCOS and that's a major cause of my weight gain, so it's not a huge lie.

And then part of me wants to just tell the truth... Worded in a way like "my PCOS was bad and my insulin was skyrocketing (all true!) so I had this surgery to help me lose weight and fix the issues."

I'm sure I'm worrying over nothing but was just interested in what you guys told others. I'm a "lightweight" so I feel like this may confuse some of them or even insult some of the ladies who are larger than me.

Any tips?[/quote']

I have been very open about my surgery. Such openness isn't for everyone.

My suggestion is to be open or be closed, but not deceitful.

I agree you should be able to decide if you want to tell people about it or not.

I know this is going to sound gross but I am trying to think of a personal matter Louise might be able to understand . Say you went and used the bathroom (#2) but you failed to mention you used laxatives because you were constipated in your mind this is lying by emission. Or if you had a baby and failed to mention you used in vitro to conceive' date=' you are lying by emission. Btw I dont agree with lying by emission.[/quote']

LOL!!!

Laxatives + Emissions = stay out of the bathroom!!!

I know it was a typo and my amusement is sophomoric, but it gave me the giggles. ;-)

LOL!!!

laxatives + Emissions = stay out of the bathroom!!!

I know it was a typo and my amusement is sophomoric' date=' but it gave me the giggles. ;-)[/quote']

Autocorrect kept changing omission to emission lol

So' date=' you view lying as an acceptable practice? This is what you teach your children?[/quote']

No I said I dont think when you leave something out to people you dont know enough to trust is lying. Everyone is morally different. If my kids when I have them (I'm only 23) dont feel comfortable telling a stranger or an acquaintance the entire story of something that happened, they do not have to. Grow up. This is a post about what to tell people not how to parent

Oh my goodness, people, this is beyond ridiculous. The level of name calling and judging in this thread is completely unacceptable. The OP did not ask for a discussion on whether or not disclosing that she had weight loss surgery is a lie, she asked for suggestions on what to tell people. If you want to have a debate on what constitutes truth and what constitutes a lie, then start it in the off topic forums, do not derail someone's post for your own personal agenda. Everyone has different beliefs and nobody should judge anyone else for those beliefs, but if you wish to discuss it, again, do so in your own thread.

I am putting an end to this now. Return to responding to the OP's question, or refrain from responding at all. Take your debates elsewhere and show some respect to the OP. You want to debate religion, what constitutes a lie, parenting, moderating or anything else, do it elsewhere, not in this thread because it has nothing to do with the OP's original question.

Thank you.

Susan, VST Administrator

Autocorrect kept changing omission to emission lol

Gotta love autocorrect!

But for the record. If you take a laxative and are then having emissions you kinda owe it to the next potty-goer a warning to proceed with caution.

Discretion be darned. :-D

Ya know what to be honest WHO THE f**k CARES!!! This thread is sooo fucked up with small minded people who cant see that some people are sick and tired of other people judging them. IT DOES NOT make them a pedifile, rapest,child molester, murderer or anything in that catagory! So the few of you who have a problem with people not telling everyone their business get a life and stop judging us. Nosey ass folks thats what you all are! Its none of yours or anyone elses business damnit. Go talk to each other and tell your oh so truths. Thats it Im done with these so called truth thumping people.

I have been wondering how to tell and what to say to people at work. My closest friends know the truth, but i work with a lot of men who can be extremely cruel. I'm not ashamed of having the surgery, but i really don't want to hear any crap from my co-workers. I will tell my immediate supervisor because i trust him, but im thinking I'll tell everyone else that I'm having female surgery. That should shut a bunch of nosey fireman up real quick.