Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas for what to tell people?

No. You are being told you are a liar and dishonest for lying. No one has said that keeping your medical history private is lying. But lying about it? That IS lying. You can dress that lie up all you want but it is still a lie. This includes lies of omission by deliberately misleading people as to how you are losing weight.

Tell lies and you are a liar. It really is that simple. I am laughing at the craziness of telling people you lie, recommend to others that they lie and then get all shades of upset when you are called a liar as a consequence. Can you not see the obvious here?

So what's your point of responding to this post? Simple to call others liars.. Because that's what you think? Is that a necessary response for what reason? Just to feel better about ourself? Your name calling serves no purpose whatsoever

Subject of this thread:- IDEAS OF WHAT TO TELL PEOPLE??? NOT. IS IT OK TO LIE OR NOT!??? dde12

Very correct, and my idea of what to tell people is the truth. Why do I get attacked for that?

And BTW, Apple emoticons don't show up on this forum.

I care because I care about humanity. I care about society and I don't like to see people hurting. As I said earlier, I remember what it was like to be obese and feel like a total failure at losing weight or maintaining weight loss. Every time someone told me they lost with diet and exercise my own sense of failure was pretty real and not pleasant. If I tell someone now that I lost the weight through Portion Control and exercise then technically those statements are truth, however it misses out a really important part, that I have had the surgery which makes portion control and food choices so much...

I don't want to leave someone else who may be struggling with their own sense of failure with a half truth about how I have achieved what I have achieved. Because I care how others feel.

Umm.. Sorry to disappoint you, but it's not all about YOU!

I care because I care about humanity. I care about society and I don't like to see people hurting. As I said earlier, I remember what it was like to be obese and feel like a total failure at losing weight or maintaining weightless. Every time someone told me they lost with diet and exercise my own sense of failure was pretty real and not pleasant. If I tell someone now that I lost the weight through Portion Control and exercise then technically those statements are truth, however it misses out a really important part, that I have had the surgery which makes portion control and food choices so much easier.

I don't want to leave someone else who may be struggling with their own sense of failure with a half truth about how I have achieved what I have achieved. Because I care how others feel.

Like I said a million times! It's not my responsibility to save every obese person in this world by sharing my story. What have you done for humanity other than being an online activist? Are you volunteering at homeless shelters? Are you helping unemployed people find work? You can share your story as much as you want but I choose who I want to share my story with and in the end I did this surgery for ME. I didn't sign up to be the spokes person for this surgery and I wont be shamed into feeling like I should be.

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE! LOL.

Well maybe your pants being on fire will help you burn more weight. Good luck with that.

I may fade out of this one now as it is no point trying to have reasonable discourse with people not capable of rational discussion.

To the OP, as I said before, tell the truth or say nothing.

Very correct, and my idea of what to tell people is the truth. Why do I get attacked for that?

Name calling should not be encouraged though..

Like I said a million times! It's not my responsibility to save every obese person in this world by sharing my story. What have you done for humanity other than being an online activist? Are you volunteering at homeless shelters? Are you helping unemployed people find work? You can share your story as much as you want but I choose who I want to share my story with and in the end I did this surgery for ME. I didn't sign up to be the spokes person for this surgery and I wont be shamed into feeling like I should be.

What have I done for humanity?

I don't keep a score card but I do live my life in order to serve. I don't expect you to understand that, but you did ask so I answered.

No one has asked you to save every obese person on the planet and the notion is ridiculous and grossly exaggerated. All we have asked is that you do not make those who ask you how you are losing weight feel bad or feel like failures because you want to pretend the surgery did not contribute to your own success.

Again, and I know it can be difficult to understand, no one is asking you to be a spokesperson. They are just asking you be honest.

Well maybe your pants being on fire will help you burn more weight. Good luck with that.

I may fade out of this one now as it is no point trying to have reasonable discourse with people not capable of rational discussion.

To the OP, as I said before, tell the truth or say nothing.

It was a joke, relax. *sheesh*, it's Friday.

Name calling should not be encouraged though..

Ok, where did I call people names?

Please direct me to a specific post.

O

Umm.. Sorry to disappoint you' date=' but it's not all about YOU![/quote']

When some one asks why I care, then yep, the answer will be about me. Because the question was.

Sheesh.

Reading comprehension is not a strong point for some people, is it?

What have I done for humanity?

I don't keep a score card but I do live my life in order to serve. I don't expect you to understand that, but you did ask so I answered.

No one has asked you to save every obese person on the planet and the notion is ridiculous and grossly exaggerated. All we have asked is that you do not make those who ask you how you are losing weight feel bad or feel like failures because you want to pretend the surgery did not contribute to your own success.

Again, and I know it can be difficult to understand, no one is asking you to be a spokesperson. They are just asking you be honest.

Um what makes you think that I would do that? You're taking this way too seriously. I am being honest! I'm living my life and not criticizing others. I also don't claim to be perfect. To each their own.

When some one asks why I care, then yep, the answer will be about me. Because the question was.

Sheesh.

Reading comprehension is not a strong point for some people, is it?

Judging again?

Very correct' date=' and my idea of what to tell people is the truth. Why do I get attacked for that?

And BTW, Apple emoticons don't show up on this forum.[/quote']

I realized that after lol.. Thanks!! ;)