Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fellow sleevers in Edinburgh?

Tomorrow is day 11 post op. Doing ok, can't wait to get past liquid stage :-) Few moments where I have questioned what I have done, few tears but feel like the corner has been turned as I get stronger and drinking the Water gets easier :-)))))

Just wondered how other Edinburgh/Scotland sleevers are doing on their journeys? All encouragement gratefully accepted!

Jac x

Hi Jac

I'm one year and two weeks post-op (spire hosp Edinburgh) and back to normal living. I've lost 6st which is 100% of my excess weight and I feel great! The coming year will indeed be a "journey" for you as you learn what you can and cannot eat at various stages (that changes constantly the further out you are) but personally, by the time I got to month 11 I could pretty much eat anything, just in smaller amounts. I'm not on here as often any more but feel free to ask anything and I'll get back to you. What I will say about the stage you are at is that nearly everyone gets a burst of "buyers remorse". That "what have I done" moment. Believe me it gets easier and easier as time goes on and eventually, as you get slimmer and healthier even going or to restaurants becomes easier. Waiters stop asking if there was anything wrong with the food - they just assume the new slim you doesn't eat a full plate:). It's all good...

That's a great weight loss! Life must be very different for you...but you will have worked hard to achieve that. Have come to realise that a sleeve is not an easy answer and it seems to be more a partnership between you and it - you get back what you put in.

So altho I didn't undertake this lightly, was still slightly taken aback to have the "what have I done?" conversation with myself. But as you said, it passes.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I may take you up on your kind offer of answering questions - I have a way to go yet. We probably have the same team at Spire Edinburgh. They have been great but nothing beats hearing from someone who's had the op and is travel the same road, albeit firther ahead.

Had a good day, feeling confident I can do this. Thanks for inspiring me :-))))

J x

Hi

I'm I'm Edinburgh and will be sleeved on 19th sept at spire murrayfield

Hello,

I'm from Falkirk and currently in France. I go for my sleeve op on Wednesday. Just waiting just now to go to the hospital for my tests. Am so worried that it might be cancelled at the last moment.

Hi

Are u having ur op in France? Or coming back here for it.

Am having my op in France. I am self funding. Cost of op is £5350 and the surgeon is Dr Bokobza in Le Havre. Cost of op in UK would have been more than double so I consider this to be money well spent.

Wasn't suitable for band as I had a hernia op four years ago.

Wow that's cheap. I have paid £9950

I am sitting in waiting room

Now as we chat . Here for tests. Hope everything is fine and op is ok to go ahead for Thursday.

What do you weigh? I'm 112 kilos :(

Aggie1234, you will be in very good hands - who's your surgeon? I am now almost 5 months out and reading my early posts reminds how it new it all was then!

I started at 101 kilos, then pre-surgery I lost weight with the diet which took me to 93k. Since the end of April, I have lost just over 24 kilos and now weigh 69 kilos. I have 5 kilos to go - as I am having a breast reduction, the surgeon wants me to leave him 2-3 kilos to play with, so I really only have 2-3 kilos to go.

You won't believe how life changing this surgery is.... not necessarily the easy option but great results if you work with it. Hope your tests today have gone well, am sure you will be fine. Great team there, Lorna is lovely :-)

Have just weighed in at 166 kilos. Have lost 7 and 1/2 kilos pre op.

Had all my tests, blood, more blood, blood pressure, weight, height and ECG.

Have to go tomorrow for gastroscopy then surgery on Wednesday.

Indigo my surgeon is Andrew de beaux

Loobylou.. Why a gastrophy?

Yeh I've had all the weight bloood pressure urine check ECG .. Legs measured for socks and mrsa test today. I've not lost much on pre op diet. So far 3 kilos. Suppose still have 2 more days to lose maybe another kilo I hope.

Aggie1234 - gastroscope is tube down your throat to check your stomach is ok for surgery. I didn't know they would do that and now I'm wondering have others had it?

Just another one of these things that has to be done. C'est la vie, as they say in France.

My previous posts should read endoscopy - see I'm confused with terror and excitement!!

Aggie1234, he was my surgeon too. He's excellent, you are in good hands :-)