Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would wait until after your surgery to buy large quantities of Protein. After my surgery, the protein that I bought before my surgery I could not stomach so be careful what you buy, because your tastes may change. I could not stand anything orange flavored, especially the orange flavored Calcium citrate.Disgusting.

kulita- what is Jay Robb?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Jay Robb is another Protein shake brand. It is usually found in health foods stores, since there is nothing artificial in it... no splenda or aspartame. It is made with egg white Protein. It is a little saltier than nectar but tastes pretty good.

Here is a little more about Jay Robb.... Apparently he makes whey Protein too. vanilla.asp" rel="external nofollow">http://www.jayrobb.com/protein/egg-white-protein-vanilla.asp

Anyway... youcan find his products in health stores, whole food stores, and Vitamin shoppe

I've tried both kinds of the Jay Robb Protein - the egg and whey. The egg is not a protein isolate so it may not suit your nut. I didn't care for the egg protein. The whey was okay but definitely not a favorite. I have also tried the Unjury and Syntrax Nectar. I by far prefer the Syntrax at this point but after surgery, who knows. Jay Robb offers sample packs of both the egg and whey protein packs. Unjury has a chicken Soup and unflavored protein which I think will be a godsend after surgery when having sweet protein after sweet protein will probably get monotonous. Definitely try different ones. I like the Syntrax because they have some real fruit flavors like lemonade and cherry versus shake-type flavors.

Thanks to everyone for the advice! I will be getting my surgery date this Thursday, May 23, and I am super excited and nervous!

Charming, I agree with you. I prefer powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and Suntrax's Nectars. I did try the egg white one and it wasn't bad... in fact I thought it was good compared to a lot of the other brands. I tried about 10 different brands.

The reason why we are told to take whey Protein isolate is because it can get into your body fast (shakes) and absorbed much quicker than food Proteins alone (whey isolate). With the Egg Protein, it is more for those who have a sensitivity to whey as whey is derived from dairy. Additionally, egg white protein has a better amino acid profile than whey, but whey has a higher concentration of branched chain amino acids than any other protein source. However, when considering the nutrient value between both, whey is more superior. Whey protein has a protein efficiency ratio of 3.9, a biological value of 104, net protein utilization of 92 and a chemical score a bit less than 100. Egg protein has a protein efficiency ratio of 2.2, a biological value of 74, net protein utilization of 61 and a chemical score of 69 (Ivy & Portman, 2004).

All in all the egg white protein is superior than whey concentrate but not whey isolate.

Wow, could I have not gone any more nerdy than this????? Sorry for that science part, LOL. Back to the OP get some samples and try them out before you invest in a huge tub.

Read more: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1591201411/bodybuildersc-20/103-0990892-5334248

Charming' date=' I agree with you. I prefer unjury and Suntrax's Nectars. I did try the egg white one and it wasn't bad... in fact I thought it was good compared to a lot of the other brands. I tried about 10 different brands.

The reason why we are told to take Whey Protein isolate is because it can get into your body fast (shakes) and absorbed much quicker than food Proteins alone (whey isolate). With the Egg Protein, it is more for those who have a sensitivity to whey as whey is derived from dairy. Additionally, egg white protein has a better amino acid profile than whey, but whey has a higher concentration of branched chain amino acids than any other protein source. However, when considering the nutrient value between both, whey is more superior. Whey protein has a protein efficiency ratio of 3.9, a biological value of 104, net protein utilization of 92 and a chemical score a bit less than 100. Egg protein has a protein efficiency ratio of 2.2, a biological value of 74, net protein utilization of 61 and a chemical score of 69 (Ivy & Portman, 2004).

All in all the egg white protein is superior than whey concentrate but not whey isolate.

Wow, could I have not gone any more nerdy than this????? Sorry for that science part, LOL. Back to the OP get some samples and try them out before you invest in a huge tub.

Read more: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1591201411/bodybuildersc-20/103-0990892-5334248

The reason why we are told to take Whey protein isolate is because it can get into your body fast (shakes) and absorbed much quicker than food Proteins alone (whey isolate). With the Egg protein, it is more for those who have a sensitivity to whey as whey is derived from dairy. Additionally, egg white protein has a better amino acid profile than whey, but whey has a higher concentration of branched chain amino acids than any other protein source. However, when considering the nutrient value between both, whey is more superior. Whey protein has a protein efficiency ratio of 3.9, a biological value of 104, net protein utilization of 92 and a chemical score a bit less than 100. Egg protein has a protein efficiency ratio of 2.2, a biological value of 74, net protein utilization of 61 and a chemical score of 69 (Ivy & Portman, 2004).

Great post kulita!!

You should get the ready made shakes by EAS that are carb control. I had bought the lean shakes from GNC and liked them before my surgery but now they make me sick. Your stomachs not going to be able to handle anything with sugar and it will feel like a ton of bricks when you swallow. The EAS shakes are only 100-110 calories each and taste pretty good they have like 3 carbs you can buy a pack of 4 at Walmart, target for less than 5.00. Only 17 g of Protein but better than nothing. I also recommend the flavorless Protein Powder from GNC you can mix it in your broth and drinks.< /p>

The reason why we are told to take Whey Protein isolate is because it can get into your body fast (shakes) and absorbed much quicker than food Proteins alone (whey isolate). With the Egg Protein, it is more for those who have a sensitivity to whey as whey is derived from dairy. Additionally, egg white protein has a better amino acid profile than whey, but whey has a higher concentration of branched chain amino acids than any other protein source. However, when considering the nutrient value between both, whey is more superior. Whey protein has a protein efficiency ratio of 3.9, a biological value of 104, net protein utilization of 92 and a chemical score a bit less than 100. Egg protein has a protein efficiency ratio of 2.2, a biological value of 74, net protein utilization of 61 and a chemical score of 69 (Ivy & Portman, 2004).

Great post kulita!!

haha thanks!

All the shakes mentioned above have 0 carbs