Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

why...what am I doing wrong

Ok so I'm a week and two days out...why am I at a stall already? What do I need to do...I'm not eating anything just purely liquids so what's the deal.

I don't think you're doing anything 'wrong'. Just think about the physiological changes your body is going through. It is just as confused as you are. This is new territory and your body has to figure out how to navigate through it. Having said that, if you are drinking 15 protien shakes a day, you're probably taking in too many calories but at 9 days after surgery I imagine you are lucky if you can get two down and some Water or milk in between. Try going for a walk, or try to get in some applesauce or cottage cheese. Remind your body that it is not starving to death! Last thing, have you been having bowel movements of any kind? You may just be 'full' if you get my meaning. Hope this helps! Give yourself some time to adjust and heal.

I only have two shakes a day and the rest is Clear Liquids. I dunno what the deal is

I stalled at the third week for one week but then the weight just fell off for a month or two. I was told by my surgeon that its just like a regular diet, the first little bit goes fast then stops (that’s when most people stop dieting). Our bodies store a chemical in our muscles for energy use, this chemical also retains Water with it. Right after surgery we use this chemical and the water leaves out bodies at this time. After the chemical is used our body needs it back so we store it up again, along with the water... hence the stall. Once we have gon through this cycle we start to loose the fat as our body now know this is a permanent change not a emergency short term event.. I don’t know if this helps but I found it interesting.

this is competely normal, i really didnt loose anything the first 2 weeks then woosh !! You just went through major surgery and your body is wondering what the heck just happened. stick to the plan and there is absolutely no way you wont loose.....

How much have you lost since surgery?

If you've been losing I think I'd just stick with it. You'll probably see an overnight drop soon.

Try to get your 60 Protein per day or what ever your own doctor recommends and the 64 ounces of Water. I was swollen from the surgery, so actually gained weight at first. Caro

I'm in the same boat as you! I dropped weight at first but then at 6 days out I haven't budged. It's frustrating because I have done everything my Dr has told me to do! I'm trying not to get discouraged because I know it will happen but I'm starting to get upset. Otherwise I really feel pretty good and have no problems getting in my Protein and fluids.

I've lost 19 pounds since surgery. I just thought it would be more significant side I can't and have ate anything. I dunno hope I have not wasted my time having this surgery. I'm very discouraged. My I'm just destined to be fat forever

I've lost 19 pounds since surgery. I just thought it would be more significant side I can't and have ate anything. I dunno hope I have not wasted my time having this surgery. I'm very discouraged. My I'm just destined to be fat forever

You've lost 19 lbs in 9 days?? I'd say that is pretty dang awesome!!

Yeah I guess it is but I expect way more as soon as my butt can hit that gym in a few days

Oh goodness, and I was feeling sorta down about my stall (I'm 12 days out). I would cut out 85% of my stomach to get a 19 lb loss in 9 days...oh wait, I already did that ... :)

Just have faith. Believe what all these nice people are telling us. It'll get better.

Hang in there. Your body is playing catch up.

UImm how the heck are you in a "stall" a stall is no movement at all either inches or LBs for a month.

Relax your fine.

I stalled at the third week for one week but then the weight just fell off for a month or two. I was told by my surgeon that its just like a regular diet' date=' the first little bit goes fast then stops (that’s when most people stop dieting). Our bodies store a chemical in our muscles for energy use, this chemical also retains Water with it. Right after surgery we use this chemical and the Water leaves out bodies at this time. After the chemical is used our body needs it back so we store it up again, along with the water... hence the stall. Once we have gon through this cycle we start to loose the fat as our body now know this is a permanent change not a emergency short term event.. I don’t know if this helps but I found it interesting.[/sub']

Wow thank you so much for posting this, it totally gives me hope now, April 3rd surgery and been on a 2 week stall