Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slightly controversial drink (wine, spirit, beer) poll

Diet Cranberry and Vodka...about 1/2 of one will make my head spin!! But if you do the Diet Cranberry it makes the calories less...still empty calories but hey, once in awhile it's ok!

Apple martini - awesome. I use apple schnapps , but I think apple juice would be a little better for a person, no?

That's how I justify.. Err I mean, think too! ;)

Gold Patron is the best. I will have two shots at the most. After a HARD run (much later after the event) I will drink patron and then get in the hot tub. Best relaxation ever!! My muscles are grateful. ;) I do this maybe once a month if that.

My other favorite is flavored vodkas mixed with juice. This is more like a dessert tho and I partake in the liquid goodness no more than twice a month. The biggest problem I have with this is wanting to eat chips and salsa while drinking. Something about the sweet and salty that is just too tasty. It's also a social thing because I'm usually at a friends house hanging out.

I like a silver Patron on the rocks with a few limes. You can sip it for a while - like a margarita without the sugar!

I haven't dared yet, but I love wine and margaritas (especially patron).

Tequila shots!! A couple of weeks ago :) when I was at my brother and sisters in-laws house.. It was getting late and I thought we should leave so my husband and brother in law called me into the kitchen along with my sister in law. Well lets just stay we stayed for quite a long and had quite a few lime wedges laying around :P

Oh side note just like Fiddleman, when I drink I get buzzed real fast. But then it goes away real quickly it's weird I can't get "drunk" not that I want too but it's weird..

At 21 months out, I find that my tolerance has returned to about where it was pre-sleeve. I am a fairly frequent social drinker - usually no more than a few beers/glasses of wine/mixed drinks, but I've had a few wild nights out (i.e. bachelorette parties, etc.) and it hasn't really bothered me. I think it's slowed down my weight loss and is keeping me from getting to goal, but I'm pretty comfortable with where I am right now and I do enjoy my cocktails from time to time. The carbonation of beer doesn't bother me, but I find that I prefer draft to bottled, and I typically need to pour it into a glass. Right now my favorite is Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy - a great summer beer!!

I decided to cut back on alcohol especially since I'm still about 60 pounds away from goal. I like fruity drinks like OJ and vodka or diet cranbery and vodka. I also like mikes hard lemonade wine coolers. I love having a drink especially on the weekend but my NUT said that I'm not supposed to drink until 18 months post op, OOPS! lol Also when I drink I tend to have more cravings and less will power. I also like the bud light margaritas.

I was sleeved 2/28/13 and couldn't drink first two months...but I had one here and there. I am a beer drinker but cannot do the fizz or want the carbs. I order vodka whipped (whip cream flavor) with Water in a large glass. I carry crystal light orange in my purse and add just a little. It tastes like fruit loops or a creamsicle..mostly if you add a tiny splash of low-fat milk. I also did it with Malibu rum. I got lucky since I had 4 the other night and barely had a buzz.

Lots of good drink ideas folks. Keep them coming!

Jell-O shots off a buff young guy laying in the bar! .... Oh to much? Umm.... Ok a gin gimlet and some stimulating conversation.

I had to look up gimlet as never heard of that one. Looks pretty popular!

I had to look up gimlet as never heard of that one. Looks pretty popular!

Very satisfying too!

I was sleeved 2/28/13 and couldn't drink first two months...but I had one here and there. I am a beer drinker but cannot do the fizz or want the carbs. I order vodka whipped (whip cream flavor) with Water in a large glass. I carry crystal light orange in my purse and add just a little. It tastes like fruit loops or a creamsicle..mostly if you add a tiny splash of low-fat milk. I also did it with Malibu rum. I got lucky since I had 4 the other night and barely had a buzz.

That sounds yummy! Try vanilla vodka, orange juice, and a splash of diet sprite. It's another creamsicle concoction. ;)