Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any success stories for the 50's group?

55 here aug 19 is the start of my ride getting close can't wait. Glad to see the 50's can do good at this. Good luck to all.

I'm 56. I was sleeved two years ago and I've been at goal (BMI of 21.8) for 14 months.

Lynda

It is great to hear these stories - both successful and struggling. I am 58 and will be sleeved September 23. I can't wait. I feel like I am in limbo with all my activities separated into before surgery and after.

I am 8 months out and it is the best thing I have done. I have just turned 53.

post-44923-13813668696395_thumb.jpg

post-44923-13813668696931_thumb.jpg

post-44923-13813668697641_thumb.jpg

post-44923-13813668698038_thumb.jpg

55, almost 6 months post-op and I think about 14 lbs to goal. (check ticker below)

Update.. 7 lbs to go, but will be happy if it's 10 more for good measure ;)

So happy ith my sleeve and wish I did it years go

These stories are encouraging because I am 56 and I had my surgery in early Feb of this year. Unfortunately, about three months later I had to have my shoulder repaired and recovery was almost 8 wks at home in a sling without much energy to do anything. I feel these two surgeries being so close together really stole my enthusiasm and energy. Right now I've hit a plateau (been there for about 2 weeks) and my Hair loss is really depressing. I know that will probably improve, but I get down from time to time wondering if the loss I have achieved so far is as good as it's going to get. Oh, I forgot this was a forum for success stories. Sorry :wub:

You will succeed. Give it time. Your shoulder must be getting better and you will be able to get moving again. This is the best tool ever for loosing weight. Just live your life, concentrate on the Protein, the hair fall will slow down. I too am having Hair loss but it seems to be slowing down now. Life is great :)

I turned 50 this past December 25th. Was sleeved on April 4th. Surgery weight was 270. As of this. Week I am at 222. I still have a lot more to go but I am trying to be patient. I know my loss hasn't been as dramatic as others but its the most I've been able to ever lose. I get my 80-100gr of Protein in. Most days. And am trying to work the exercise up. I am having Hair loss also in spite of getting my protein in and taking the daily Vitamin ,the B12 ,the Calcium, the Vitamin D and the Biotin. Sigh. Hoping it slows down soon. Getting sleeved is the very best decision I have ever made. Even with the bumps in theroad I would not choose a different one.

I am 8 months out and it is the best thing I have done. I have just turned 53.

You look amazing.

I was sleeved last week on 6/26' date=' surgery weight was 322, gained 11 pounds Water weight in hospital, weighed 333 when released on Friday.lost all the water weight plus 8 more....tonight my weight is 314! I will be 50 on 9/28 and this is my early birthday gift to myself!! It was time to find "me" and take back control and ENJOY my new life!![/quote']

Update: I am now 6-1/2 weeks out and I have lost 40 pounds and a total of 46 inches overall so far!!

HW 330

SW 322

CW 290

Goal 160-180

Loving my sleeve, feeling good, getting more active, making new friends, even went inner tubing on the river last weekend!!!

Does anybody in their 50's have insulin resistance and had VSG success? I am going to have surgery early Oct..

I'm willing to take a guess that most of us had insulin resistance. Kind of a side effect of obesity these days.

I've been very successful with my VSG. Nearly 3 months post op, 47 lbs down, co-morbidities resolved. Diabetes under control. And, I feel fabulous!

Does anybody in their 50's have insulin resistance and had VSG success? I am going to have surgery early Oct..

I am diabetic and dr immediately lowered my insulin 50% and still there 3 months and 40 lbs later. But dr thinks i will be off insulin by January, yeah!

I'm 54 was sleeved on Monday I week out and doing great , would like to know how to show the slide scale of weight loss thanks

Yes ma'am. Mid fifties and I was diabetic before the surgery. My last A1c was 5.6 and will improve as I lose more belly fat. Visceral fat in that area increases insulin resistance. When you begin to lose more of your belly fat, you will notice even more blood sugar control. Be careful about watching for low blood sugar. I carry a roll of glucose tablets or glucagon with me at all times, just in case. Hope this helps.