Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any success stories for the 50's group?

Oops.. 18lbs I guess, lol

Not on this site much anymore so a little late to the party - too busy living life! I had the band in 2006, revised to sleeve Jan. 2010. Got to goal in less than 6 months after revision. Eating whatever I want now and feeling great. Just need to exercise and build muscle back up. Best of luck to all the newbies! You're never too old to do something good for yourself!

74lbs down since being sleeved 2/19.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Down 75 lbs. HW @dr ofc 303. VSG 10/25/12- SW 300/ CW 228. Want to lose abt 40 more and hope to by my 1 yr surgiversary!

Wearing size 16/18/ L, Which is shocking to me. Back in early 2000's, i wore 34 pants and 4x tops. Lost around 80 on my own and kept it off, but needed VSG to take it the rest of the way. I wish i'd had surgery much earlier in life, but so glad i finally did it. Better late than never! If you're contemplating VSG i say GO FOR IT.

F/51. 5'10"

I was 50 when I had surgery three years ago (tomorrow). I've lost 85 pounds' date=' 23 prior to surgery. I reached my goal in six months. I've been maintaining for 2.5 years with no problems. Life is so much different now. Just wait. Go buy a disposable camera and have someone take a picture of you the day before surgery, then take one on your surgery date every month. After your one year anniversary, take the camera to be developed. Lay those pictures side by side. It is shocking to see the transformation there laying in front of you. It was one of the most "fun" things I did!!! Good luck, you are in for the wildest ride you've ever been on, enjoy every single minute!!![/quote']

My husband wants to take pictures daily for the first month, and then shift to weekly, I think (yes, he's excited for me and uber-supportive!). But the picture for the first day of the month will be designated for the formal side by side comparisons. We'll use our digital camera, though, so it won't be a real surprise. On the other hand, it might be encouraging to see the changes when I hit stalls.

My surgery date just got moved up to the 2nd, hence choosing the first of the month as the official picture day. Oh and I am another July birthday. I'll be 52.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST

What a birthday gift to give to yourself and your family!! Enjoy, it is a wild ride and oh so fun! Hang on!!!

I will be 50 this July. Still waiting for my approval from the insurance company. This will be my birthday present to myself.

Day 5 postop will be 52 July 28, and im doing gr8. You are beber to old to take back the control of your life. I am so ready to Live again, self-esteen is off the charts..been Puno since i meet a mini goal weight loss prior to surgery date and overall good recovery experiences. Start 349 and day of surgery 301 my goal was 300. Yeehoo!!! See doctor tomorrow will know what weigh loss then since i refuse to let a scale control me, i follow the rules, so the weigh loss will do what it do...:-)....

Hey fabulous Fifties!! I will be 54 on July 23rd. Sleeved 9 months ago on Oct.11, 2013. Last August at my 1st Bariatric surgeon's visit, I weighed 278, and wore a Lane Bryant size 22-24, 2XL. Today, I weigh 188 and wear a women's Large, size 13-14 (Macy's size "0"X). I am a bit flabby, but I am so much smaller-I look a million times better! Pre-sleeve, I was always hot and sweaty, flushed, not feeling or looking well at all. What a difference a year makes! I feel 20 years younger!

Sleeved 2/19 at age 51. I am now 52 and down 74lbs even with some neurological issues which prevent heavy workouts.

I was sleeved last week on 6/26, surgery weight was 322, gained 11 pounds Water weight in hospital, weighed 333 when released on Friday.lost all the water weight plus 8 more....tonight my weight is 314! I will be 50 on 9/28 and this is my early birthday gift to myself!! It was time to find "me" and take back control and ENJOY my new life!!

Thank you for all the excitement and enthusiasm. I have only recently started my journey. I am 53, I had wondered if I would be too old. I am planning my surgery for this fall probably Oct. or Nov.

I was a " happy" 50 this past January . My surgery was necessary for my health and I'm glad I only have to look forward to a smaller me. I will rid of hypertension , insulin, high cholesterol , asthma,,,etc. Of course, I still have MS but I love being to do things I couldn't do before!

Pre op wt 266

Sw 260

Cw 230

Sleeved 2/19 at age 51. I am now 52 and down 74lbs even with some neurological issues which prevent heavy workouts.

Update as of today. I am down 84lbs.

Update as of today. I am down 84lbs.

Congrats!