Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What a difference a year makes... (Pictures - size 20 to size 4!)

I'm about 2 weeks late for my surgiversary post, but I'll make it up to everyone by being short and sweet!!

Started:

• 25 years old
  • 5' 1" tall
  • 241 pounds
  • Size 20 pants
  • Size XXL tops
  • 40DD bra size
  • Size 8 shoe

Currently:

• 26 years old
  • 5' 1" tall
  • 125 pounds
  • Size 4 pants
  • Size Small tops
  • 34C bra size
  • Size 6.5 shoe

Key surgery/post-op points:

• I had no pre-op or post-op fasting or liquid diet. I started on pureed Protein such as eggs and tuna while I was still in the hospital on day 2 post-op. I ate regular meals up until 24 hours before surgery. This was at my surgeon's discretion.
  • I've never counted calories, carbs, fat or any of that stuff. I eat and drink as I feel comfortable doing so. If I had to guess, I would say I take in about 900-1200 calories a day on average.
  • There is no food I can't eat or drink, but I don't eat many rice/pasta/bread products because I tend to feel uncomfortable afterward. I do take bites here and there and I do eat dry carbs such as chips. I also eat potatoes. I love dairy such as cheese and yogurt. I love fruits and vegetables of all kinds. I love fish and seafood as they settle easiest in my stomach. But I also eat steak, hamburger, chicken, etc... and I love it :)
  • I eat all day long. Tiny amounts, but constantly.
  • I still enjoy half a cheeseburger or handful of french fries from time to time. I have cut NOTHING completely out of my life food wise. I did not go through all this to be on a lifelong diet. I change my lifestyle and my eating habits, but not a diet.
  • Now that I'm thin, I have so much more energy to run around and exercise. I have a gym membership and I use it primarily for cardio, but this summer I'm going to focus on strength training to rebuild my muscle that was lost in the rapid weight loss. I want to be strong :)
  • I do have loose skin, but it's getting better. My stomach is pretty flat, and my arms are tightening up. I have a little sag in my butt and a small pouch of skin/fat left in my pelvic area, but I'm comfortable with it at this point. I would never consider having surgery. I think with toning and time it will firm on it's own (I've also had two kids, for what it's worth)
  • I was the healthiest fat person I know. That's something important to take into consideration when looking at my results. I had no other underlying issues that would prevent the weight from just melting off, which it did. I've been within 5 pounds of my current weight since 10 months post op. Nowadays I'm just trying to get my shape back and build my strength and tone back up.

Pictures:

before1.jpg

Before - Approx. 250lbs

20130221_172319.jpg

128 pounds

125 pounds

125 pounds

If I can do it - anyone can :) Hope this motivates someone who was in the same place I was in a year ago - scared and overwhelmed. It's all gonna be ok :) :) :)

(by the way, that's the same grey sweatshirt in the before pic and the one where I have the hood on)

post-20898-13813665208021_thumb.jpg

post-20898-13813665208326_thumb.jpg

post-20898-13813665208865_thumb.jpg

post-20898-13813665209956_thumb.jpg

post-20898-13813665211044_thumb.jpg

post-20898-13813665212155_thumb.jpg

post-20898-13813665213057_thumb.jpg

post-20898-13813665213403_thumb.jpg

That is nothing short of amazing!! You must feel like a new person!

Wow thank you for sharing. You look wonderful!

Congratulations on your success. You look great!

Wow!!! I'm so glad to hear your not counting calories and can eat small bites of anything you want. That's what I'm hoping for. I don't want to be obsessing and counting every calorie. I want to just enjoy eating less.

I am awed and inspired. Congratulations on your amazing success!

You look great, congratulations, now I'm even more mad at myself for not doing this when I was in my twenties!! :-)

Good for you!!!

Amazing! I can't wait! I'm scared/anxious, but excited.... :P

You look beautiful what an amazing accomplishment

You look so different, my gosh!! My dr was the same way in that i didnt do a liquid pre op diet and she has her patients eating food right away. You know I've always wondered if ppl who had to do weeks of liquid had some sort of edge but you have done great!! You look awesome!! Nice job!

Wow. just wow.... congrats on your success! im getting sleeved in 2 weeks and am starting to get nervous, but geez youve just inspired me!!! thanks :)