Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calorie intake @ 1 year post op

I could eat up to 2500-3k if i tried currently im comfortable at 2k is this normal 11 mo post?

are you maintaining your weight? with 2000 k

I might be losing 1-2 lb a week at most for the past month, i weigh 355 so....

if you are losing at that rate and it's consistent rate i think that's great. are you exercising? if you aren't add that tho the equation that will kick it up...if you are eating 2000 calories won't screw up your metabolism forever and that seems realistic....add some exercise to about weight loss and it may be slow los but it's steady and probably healthier than the rapid weight loss..

I could eat up to 2500-3k if i tried currently im comfortable at 2k is this normal 11 mo post?

HondaCivicDude

Starting Weight

518 lbs

now

365 lbs

total weight loss

153 lbs :o

Holy Moly guy !!!!!

gone, gone, gone, forever - down the toilet!!!! FLUSH :)

how great are you??!!!!

11 months PO - losing a couple of pounds per month????

hmmmmm, 2000 calories does sound like alot

i'm 15 months PO eating 1200 calories

i see you were self-paid (maybe you went to Mexico???)

you might not have a NUT - or anyone to talk to???

Hopefully you have a PCP that can help/advice you

if not, i suggest you find a local support group

go to the hospital - explain your dilema

even though you didn't have WLS with "them" they should be nice enough to give you a suggestion/name of a support group

you can speak with others about your WLS - this is very helpful :)

like i said - i am at goal eating 1,200 calories

maybe a guy is allowed more calories??? but that sounds like alot of calories

did anyone give you that # of calories to eat

kudos on your wonderful weight loss :)

keep up the great job!!!!

you are on the right road to success towards a healthier, happier, longer life!!!!

congrats :)

It sounds like you are eating a lot of calories but if your losing then your doing great..... Congrats. I can barely get in 1300 calories at 19 months post op.....Keep it up..... :)

I'm 17+ months out and could probably eat 2000 cals a day, but I'm usually around 1500, give or take 200. I do try to get a few more cals (protein and complex carbs) the days I lift weights, which is about 5 times a week. The other days I'm less than 1500. But again, if I wanted, I could get in 2000 or more in a day. My restriction is no where near what it was a few months after surgery, but still better than before surgery.

I might be losing 1-2 lb a week at most for the past month' date=' i weigh 355 so....[/quote']

You still have a fair bit to lose so I would drop it to 1,200 as well as exercise daily or every 2nd day - you should make the most out of the first 18 months :) Then you can up calories when u want to maintain your weight.

Do you track on MyFitness Pal? I would register there and have the system calculate your recommended calories to continue losing 1-3 lbs/week. It seems to be pretty accurate. I try to stay at 1200 cals/day and if I earn a lot of exercise calories, I try to eat some of them back. You need to be sure you don't reduce your calories to the point that you end up in starvation mode . . . that can throw you into a stall.

I just started posting there, add me? My name is mrbigbones