Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just set up my first and second appt for nut class one is may 7th and the second is June 6th my third one will be right before surgery whenever they find out my date....what to expect!?? These class are not required by my insurance but i took them anyway just to know the things i should be putting into my body and the things i shouldn't

Mine were good reminders of stuff you likely "know" but don't do. I enjoyed them and got started on paying attention to nutrition -- and lost weight!

They are good classes to prepare you for your new lifestyle and make you decide whether or not you want to go through with the procedures. Pay lots of attention because all of that info will help you after the procedure once its done its kinda like now what.

Just set up my first and second appt for nut class one is may 7th and the second is June 6th my third one will be right before surgery whenever they find out my date....what to expect!?? These class are not required by my insurance but i took them anyway just to know the things i should be putting into my body and the things i shouldn't

The NUT visits are good! Great place to ask questions from a professional.

I also *HIGHLY* suggest getting involved with support groups as soon as you can. Many times a NUT will be there and possibly WLS-knowledgeable medical staff. At my last one there were two RNs, both former WLS patients.

The NUT visits are good! Great place to ask questions from a professional.

I also *HIGHLY* suggest getting involved with support groups as soon as you can. Many times a NUT will be there and possibly WLS-knowledgeable medical staff. At my last one there were two RNs, both former WLS patients.

At my nutritionist visit we talked about things the surgeon recommends. My surgeon gave me a nice little binder with things like referrals, shopping lists for before and after surgery, what to expect etc etc.

She basically went over food stuff in detail. Also if you need to lose weight before surgery they'll make a plan with you. I didn't need to lose weight but I wanted to and had already started with a few changes.

We went over food labels, nutritional facts like calories, sodium, sugars, carbs etc. what those percentages at the bottom mean etc. ALL useful stuff. I was surprised what I didn't know lol. They should teach this stuff in college...high school even.

She also went over Protein shakes, Vitamins, exercise and things of that nature like how many to eat and what you need to burn to lose 1 pound and so forth. She was great.

It was very educational. Glad I went. I hope your visits are helpful too.