Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh, ugh, ugh!!

Alexandra,

So sorry to hear about your husband, but so pleased that he is on the road to better health. I will say a prayer for him tonight!

Alexandra, I would bet that your food "orgy" was nothing like it was pre-band days, right???!!! So, as the Italians say "forget 'bout it"!!! You have always been an inspriation to me, Alexandra.

Today was not really a better day, I'm afraid. I had fish and cheese for Breakfast (good intentions), skipped lunch and then spent the afternoon eating popcorn. I have absolutely no restriction and I'm just glad it was only popcorn on offer!

But I learned a painful lesson this evening, when I went to volleyball on just a bellyful of very salty popcorn. After a half hour, I had a VERY painful cramp in my calf that benched me completely! My theory is that it was due to the amount of salt in the popcorn--and the fact that I hadn't had anywhere near enough Water to counteract it. This was two hours ago and I can still feel the cramp!

Sigh. I am really punishing myself and there's no good reason for it. What am I doing?

And thanks, everyone, for the good wishes for my husband. He went to work today and was able to spend the day effectively. He's happy--the worst thing about this whole ordeal was, for him, the time he had to take off from work! :)

Alexandra..I'm happy to read that your husband is ok and also happy to read that your "OOOPS" day is over and done with. Take a deep breath and focus on you and why you got the band in the first place. We know the band can't fix our head so we have to fight ourselves..and fight hard. You are a strong woman and you have control.

Alexandra,

Glad to hear your husband is doing better. I thought you might enjoy a little levity during this stressful time. I was eating dinner with my teenage twin boys tonight when a commercial for the Lap-band came on TV. They have only recently started here in Little Rock and I keep waiting for them to say "Hey Mom, why don't you get one?". Obviously, they don't know I already have one . . . I already get enough shit from them about everything else. : )

Anyway, they misheard the narration and one boy said "I didn't know you could lose weight getting a lap dance?" I thought I was gonna spit out my soup! I just rolled my eyes but they thought they were very clever. I thought to myself that I'm sure there wouldn't be any heavy men if that were the case.

Hang in there. I've only had my band 3+ months compared to your 3+ years. It is hard to stay focused from time to time so cut yourself a little slack. Tomorrow is another day.

PatU

Alex,

Sorry about your hubby. Mine is not sick, but has been unemployed since summer, so I am having trouble to lose all the weight I gained since my PS last year. I am maintaining and right now, thats the most important thing. Dont be so hard on yourself. You are a very strong person and you can get through this. Fill time is soon......

Babs in TX

334/190 ish

Alex... Don't be too hard on yourself. Hearing the word Cancer can turn your life upside down and even after the prognosis, etc. it still leaves lingering effects because it shocks and scares you to your very core. Hang in there. You'll get back on the wagon. You've done a great job so far. Just give yourself a little bit of mental/emotional recovery time.

I didn't have time to read the other posts, I will when I get home. But until then, I want to extend (((hugs))) to you. I hope things are getting better. Remember a fill is right around the corner. ~Mandy