Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why is my weight loss slowing down so much? HELP!

I need some advice here please!! I am 7 months out and I have lost 81 pounds. This I am happy about however the past few months I lose very little. Some weeks a pound or two and other weeks nothing at all. I go to the gym 4 days a week like clockwork and burn about 300 calories or more each time I go. I am eating between 900-1200 calories a day. I have a lot of Protein also. Average is about 100 grams a day. I just don't get why I hardly lose weight the past few months. The past month I have lost 4 pounds. Can anyone please give me some pointers or advice on what I may be doing wrong? Am I not eating enough?

Have you been tracking your measurements? With all the Protein and working out, it's likely that you're building muscle, which weighs more than fat. I wouldn't be surprised if your measurements are still shrinking!

No and that is a GREAT idea. I am going to start tracking. Thanks for the input. I never thought about tracking my measurements.

Have you been tracking your measurements? With all the Protein and working out' date=' it's likely that you're building muscle, which weighs more than fat. I wouldn't be surprised if your measurements are still shrinking![/quote']

With all due respect, a pound of fat and a pound of muscle are still both a pound. But muscle is more dense (smaller in space) so yes a good idea is to take measurements. When the scale wasn't moving I was shocked to see I was losing a lot of inches!

Seems like 600-800 with working out is way too little...especially if you are burning up to 300. I'm sure things will speed up...but definitely check measurements. I was experiencing the same thing but it's always around my "time of the month"....things slow down dramatically and I won't lose weight that week, but will the following.

I've slowed down a ton at 5.5 months out. I figured it was a change that happenned to everyone. I recently went back to 3 oz at Breakfast, 4oz at lunch and dinner to see if that made a difference. This is what was suggested by my nutritionist for month 3-4, but says you can go up after that, and I'm doing good excercizing. I'm keeping a look on this thread!

I'm 3.5 months out and am eating 800-1000 calories a day. At my 3 month mark I had lost 80lbs, I try to weigh only once a month. I just had a knee injury so I haven't gone to the gym recently but I was going 4 times a week like you. Play with your calories, if ur doing 1200 maybe take it down a bit or cut out carbs, increase your Protein, drink more Water....try a few things, it will start coming off again if you just keep working at it! :)

During my recent stall from hell I was amazed when my clothes kept getting bigger. I've only lost a couple more pounds since the stall has been over but now all my shirts are too big. Go figure. I bet you are shrinking

too:)

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I know it isn't that I am having too many calories. According to my Doctor and the NUT I should be eating between 900-1200 calories daily. I actually was eating about 700-800 and a few months ago the Doctor and NUT said that isn't enough and to increase. They both told me this is a lifestyle change and that no need eat low calories when we have to be realistic and eat this way forever. I know I will eventually lose the weight so I am not worried about it, just frustrated. Because I work out I see nothing wrong with 900-1200 calories daily. According to the Doc and NUT if I continue eating even 1200 calories daily I will lose the weight and keep it off. I think I need to increase my H20 intake. I don't drink enough Water at times. Again thanks for all the advice!! :) :wub: :P:D

With all due respect' date=' a pound of fat and a pound of muscle are still both a pound. But muscle is more dense (smaller in space) so yes a good idea is to take measurements. When the scale wasn't moving I was shocked to see I was losing a lot of inches![/quote']

I never said "a pound" of anything. I said muscle weighs more than fat - I would think it was clear that meant equal VOLUMES of each, especially since I suggested measuring. I'm sure we're all well aware that a pound is a pound. Now if only a pound of fat took up as much space as a pound of feathers...

:D

I find that when I'm in a stall I up my calories and trick my metabolism ... Works for me . Change things up a bit . Good luck

I need some advice here please!! I am 7 months out and I have lost 81 pounds. This I am happy about however the past few months I lose very little. Some weeks a pound or two and other weeks nothing at all. I go to the gym 4 days a week like clockwork and burn about 300 calories or more each time I go. I am eating between 900-1200 calories a day. I have a lot of Protein also. Average is about 100 grams a day. I just don't get why I hardly lose weight the past few months. The past month I have lost 4 pounds. Can anyone please give me some pointers or advice on what I may be doing wrong? Am I not eating enough?

I would go back the beginning with only 60 grams of protien and 800 calories,

WoW, let me be the first to tell you that you are doing nothing wrong.

The simple fact of the matter is that you have exited the "honeymoon" phase. The further out you get and the lighter you get the slower your loss will be.

Everybody(that i know of) experiences a slowing of loss around the 5-7month mark. The good news is, as long as you continue to exercise & maintain a caloric deficit you will continue to lose, all be it at a slower pace.

There are a few tricks you can use that you can use to your advantage though.

Google the terms:

Muscle confusion

Caloric confusion

Interval training

The more you can keep your body guessing while still keeping it properly nourished the better your results will be.