Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Almost Ate A Waffle!

TES, I have been in maintenance for almost a year now. I did go to the period of losing too much weight but OTR actually gave me some ideas on what to eat so I have been stable at 145. In 3 months I will be 2 yrs out I find out I am more hungry, the shakes doesn't help and I am actually eating every 2 hr or less. Doesn't matter if it was beef, chicken, I am plain hungry. I have been exercising daily now for 45 mns, so I got no idea what is going on. I am just going with the flow!

Nadoue' date=' are you in maintenance?[/quote']

I've seen Nadoue in a bikini, she's definitely hit goal :)

Laura, I am just an hungry dog now. I don't know what else I can do. Despite all my eating, I am still at 145 and my calorie intake is around 1900-2200. Some days, way more. I am going for my 2 year check up, it should be interesting.

TES' date=' I have been in maintenance for almost a year now. I did go to the period of losing too much weight but OTR actually gave me some ideas on what to eat so I have been stable at 145. In 3 months I will be 2 yrs out I find out I am more hungry, the shakes doesn't help and I am actually eating every 2 hr or less. Doesn't matter if it was beef, chicken, I am plain hungry. I have been exercising daily now for 45 mns, so I got no idea what is going on. I am just going with the flow![/quote']

Me too, but I starting eating like that at month 8 (goal was a month before that and I am at month 10 now). I think it has something to so with exercising consistently. At least we choose Protein first when hungry. That helps! I would just like to tell the hunger to cool it every now and then. How many calories do you eat a day? I am between 1400-1700.

Fiddleman, I am around 1900-2200 most days and I can eat more than that really. Something is up. Do you gain? I am very very stable even with auntie flora.. Lol

Fiddleman' date=' I am around 1900-2200 most days and I can eat more than that really. Something is up. Do you gain? I am very very stable even with auntie flora.. Lol[/quote']

No, I do not gain. Correction: I did gain in lean muscle, but that is ok because I am going after an athletic body and eat a ton of Protein to fuel my cross fit. I think I eat about body weight in grams of Protein every day. Think my weight will stay stable as long as I keep eating protein and veggies. I also started to eat some bananas this week as a pretty run snack. I also sat those energy squares from nuts.com. everything is either organic or natural if I am on top of it. So far so good.

A can of nut or cashew last me two days, Protein does not fill me up for long, restriction is fine. The only thing that can fill me for at least 3 hrs is fish nothing else. That sucks!

Yeah, it is expensive also. costco loves me though .

If say even at six months I get hungry every couple of hours.. I tend to eat 3 meals and 1 to 2 Snacks a day!

Laura you are pretty darn lucky, I eat around 7-8 meals and 4-5 Snacks, always a shake in the morning after gym. I wake up around 2 am just for food, I dream food ok yet I never overeat. I still have my slime to let me know I am done. After the humping, it's worse, it's like a hole in my belly I have to fill up quickly.

Laura you are pretty darn lucky' date=' I eat around 7-8 meals and 4-5 Snacks, always a shake in the morning after gym. I wake up around 2 am just for food, I dream food ok yet I never overeat. I still have my slime to let me know I am done. After the humping, it's worse, it's like a hole in my belly I have to fill up quickly.[/quote']

Lol.. You better stop humping then!! That's supposed to burn calories not make you eat more! :P

I'm having an issue with wanting to snack more.

But what's really helping is plain Greek yogurt 2% with Splenda and blueberries.

Lol, you are killing me, at 3 months out I was sent to see a psych coz of humping now you are telling me to stop the 2 times daily I am getting! How mean! Lol

If say even at six months I get hungry every couple of hours.. I tend to eat 3 meals and 1 to 2 Snacks a day!

Is there really a difference between a meal and a snack? To me, they all look the same. Maybe I am not doing this right. :( I also eat about an 8 oz Protein shake, a Protein Bar or 3 oz of Protein and 1-2 oz of some veggie no matter if it is meal or snack time. To me, eating every 3 hours is what is important, except I eat extra meal after workout. I do not eat after bedtime ( usually 9:30pm) so that makes 7-8 meals a day on average. Keeps me fairly happy, but will eat an extra something protein if I am still hungry between 3 hour meal times. I must be a grazing cow to eat so much in your eyes, but I need it to maintain and not run out of energy.