Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not sure which forum to ask this on?

I am nearly 10 months post op and have achieved my weight loss goal. However, I am freezing cold ALL the time. I am still sleeping in flannel pajama pants and sweat shirts, it's getting up into the 70's now here in Alabama. I do take Synthroid for an under active thyroid so I think this could be contributing, but I swear I am so sick of being cold all the time. I could be anemic but I am taking an Iron supplement. I know ultimately I need to go to the doctor but has anyone else experienced this? being cold all the time? any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Nevermind guys. I kept scrolling through the threads and came upon one where everyone states that they are colder now. I would like to know if anyone knows for sure if not getting enough Protein could be a factor?

All I can tell you is that myself and another coworker that are obese are always warm and the skinny little gals at work are always freezing! They even run the space heaters under the desks during the summer they are so cold. Maybe its just not have the extra insulation anymore?

I wondered myself about the connection between being cold and Protein intake. When I was in my first few weeks post-op, I was freezing cold all the time. I had pajamas, heating pad, space heater by me, and a blanket at all times. Given my starting weight, it wasn't realistic that this early out I was just carrying around less insulation. I noticed, though, once I was able to get nearer to goal on my daily protein intake that the constant freezing began to subside. I do feel cold more often now than I used to, so I'm thinking this really could be a nutrient intake thing. Please note, I have no research or facts to back this up. Just personal observation.

I wondered myself about the connection between being cold and Protein intake. When I was in my first few weeks post-op' date=' I was freezing cold all the time. I had pajamas, heating pad, space heater by me, and a blanket at all times. Given my starting weight, it wasn't realistic that this early out I was just carrying around less insulation. I noticed, though, once I was able to get nearer to goal on my daily Protein intake that the constant freezing began to subside. I do feel cold more often now than I used to, so I'm thinking this really could be a nutrient intake thing. Please note, I have no research or facts to back this up. Just personal observation.[/quote']

I'm the same way! I was freezing all the time after surgery but since I've been able to get in all my protein and increased my calories to 800-1000 a day I'm not as cold. I still get cold but nowhere near what I was right after surgery. I've also noticed that if I do get hot it doesn't take as long to cool off. Weird.

Congrats on your success!!

I'm in Louisiana and I wore flannel pants and a thermal shirt to bed last night! LOL!!

Yes, it's part of the new sleeved life, but my coldness comes and goes....some days I'm fine others freezing. Rarely ever hot anymore. Could be a good thing for us Southerners once the summer gets here? :)

My temperature is a nightmare! I used to be hot natured (even as a child before I gained weight) so the AC set on 65 was a standard and windows open in the winter. This was a pleasant coincidence when I found out my fiance was the same. But now I'm cold most of the time. Except half an hour after I eat I get hot flashes!

My fiance still sleeps fine. However I sleep with an extra blanket, with sweats, and a heating pad with an auto shut off. And on the off chance he's cold I eat and stand in front of the AC on full blast. I think after a year or so with a maintained weight our bodies will balance out. I hope anyway!

And I get all my Protein in but still get cold. I honestly think some of it is the lack of carbs and the absence of the energy our body uses to burn them.