Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guess I am a first for October. My surgery for VSG is scheduled for October 8th, 2013 ...I had to make my date in October, which seems like forever and a day off..so its going to be a loooooong wait.. I feel so impatient, I just want to do it now!!!

And I'm second! :) I'm waiting until October because my husband is getting sleeved in August - want to wait for him to heal before I have my surgery.

First surgeon consult is next week but this is my second go -around. I was half way through all of the appointments last time before I chickened out. Now that we're doing it as a couple, I feel like I'm going to succeed.

Hi! Welcome! Glad to see I am not the only one stuck in the waiting period.. Thats awesome you will have your spouse doing it to..you can make changes together!

Yes - I had started the process once before but I decided that I couldn't do it if he was still eating "normally" and I was trying to eat with a sleeve. Since we both have 100+ pounds to lose, it will be great to do it together.

I had my surgery in oct 31 of 2012 and let me tell you don't get your surgery on the 31. Because after that there's no Halloween event that will be as scary as going under the knife! Lol

Had my first surgery consult today - that was no big deal. Also got my 1st psych appt and 1st NUT appt scheduled. This thing is officially in MOTION! WOOT!

Anyone else looking into starting a pre-pre-op diet? Can October please come faster so I can start a new life???? This is depressing...I cant stand being so heavy..every step hurts to take... Anyone self-pay Mexico?

Anyone else looking into starting a pre-pre-op diet? Can October please come faster so I can start a new life???? This is depressing...I cant stand being so heavy..every step hurts to take... Anyone self-pay Mexico?

I'm in October too. It's frustrating to wait knowing I want it sooner. Going to my 3rd dr appt today. Had psych eval. And nut.

Im not sure if im september or october yet! my 6 month weigh in will be in the beginning of september ... then after that its up to the apporval of my insurance! either way it feels so far away and i cannot wait for this new chapter in my life to start! ... this is the first summer ill ever wish to fly bye lol

I am hoping for an October date. I have all my pre-op orders to keep me busy until I return to see surgeon in September for final scheduling. Like you it seems like it's a long way off. But summer always seems to fly by, so hoping October will be here before we know it.

I have my first consult next Friday. I have no idea if it will be in October or not, but I am hoping it will be due to my personal schedule. :) So many motivating posts on this site! Had to say hello and wish you all luck. I will post again after I know more.

Oh...only 4 months till october...so nervous about the idea of flying

My surgery consultation is Oct 8..I'm excited but nervous. Yet..I'm in no hurry. I want to make sure my ducks are in a row. I've been walking every other day..bouncing to zumba on Wednesdays. I even went window shopping looking at smaller size outfits. Plus i look forward in watching my blood pressure and weight drop..I'm taking one day at a time. Our day will come.

Hey all,

My surgery is Oct 21 :-) It does feel like its taking forever to get here but I'll be patient.....well I'll try lol. Very excited to start a new healthy life. Where is everyone from?

I'm October now too. Insurance requirements had me at 12/13.....then we lost our insurance:-(. So I'm off to Sunny (slightly scary) Mexico. come on October.