Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 years out in July and a NSV to top them all...

Coops, Hugs to you my dear.....I love hearing about your cross addiction of shopping now....LOL You deserve the best and I hope you go out in public and ROCK that bikini.........You put a smile on my face! :)

Coops how COOL is that! Congrats on the new abs and size 12s! Awesome!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Oh Ms Skinniness, I wouldn't call it an addiction... YET! Lol. I just need clothes that fit me properly! It is a tough problem to have...lol!

Cheers Smoggy! I'll be cool soon...lol! Actually according to my kids, I'm too old to be cool but it doesn't stop me trying! =]

Oh I missed this one -- how very cool!! You are still kicking ass three years on. THAT is the NSV that i find totally inspirational about you. I want your stick-to-it-ive-ness!!!!

Oh Ms Skinniness, I wouldn't call it an addiction... YET! Lol. I just need clothes that fit me properly! It is a tough problem to have...lol!

Cheers Smoggy! I'll be cool soon...lol! Actually according to my kids, I'm too old to be cool but it doesn't stop me trying! =]

You are beyond cool, coops, you've made it to sublime. :D

Woohoo!! You have done wonderful girl. So glad you were able to get your TT and everything is healing well. It will make such a huge difference in the way you feel.

Question: When they say that the average skin removal is only about a pound, do you believe they are speaking of us (WLS folks) or just the general public? That sounds like such a small amount. I have 3 friends that have already had it done. Their removals were 7#, 8# and 10#. Mine is in review right now and I am expecting 5#. That will be the best 5# I have ever lost too! I can't wait to have it done. I want to have a belly button again!

I agree with everyone else; you are going to have to share pics ASAP :0)

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Coops, I think I tell your story more often than mine. You are amazing!

You are beyond cool, coops, you've made it to sublime. :D

Whoah, sublime... coming from you gmanbat that is a massive compliment... thank you x

Woohoo!! You have done wonderful girl. So glad you were able to get your TT and everything is healing well. It will make such a huge difference in the way you feel.

Question: When they say that the average skin removal is only about a pound, do you believe they are speaking of us (WLS folks) or just the general public? That sounds like such a small amount. I have 3 friends that have already had it done. Their removals were 7#, 8# and 10#. Mine is in review right now and I am expecting 5#. That will be the best 5# I have ever lost too! I can't wait to have it done. I want to have a belly button again!

I agree with everyone else; you are going to have to share pics ASAP :0)

BenisaMartim4,

you are soooo right, once I am healed it will certainly help in the head work, I am actually starting to feel that I am looking good... it has been a long time coming. Once the swell hell has sorted itself out and I am back to 'normal' (might be several weeks more yet) I am sure things will get even better.

I'm not sure about the WLS side of it re the weight of the apron. I know my surgeon has done TT on band patients but not on a sleever before. I am in the UK, so perhaps his experience is different, the most I have heard of, from a UK TTer is just under 5lbs - and that was through weight loss... perhaps the previous TTers with my surgeon were purely cosmetic... I don't know. I do know that it has already made a difference to how my back feels. At 8 weeks post op, I have not had any back aches or pains... now that really is good news! I honestly thought that the apron would weigh a lot more too... Now, I am just pleased it is gone.

I will post some pics in the near future... once the swelling is better and I feel a little more confident! Believe it or not, I am quite shy...lol!

Coops, I think I tell your story more often than mine. You are amazing!

iegal,

you always make me smile... thank you! But I am sure your story is way more interesting than mine...lol

And besides, I would love to have your BMI! Just 22, that is a dream for me! Even cutting off skin doesn't get me near that...lol!

Thank you for your continuing support ... it really does mean a lot x

I will post some pics in the near future... once the swelling is better and I feel a little more confident! Believe it or not' date=' I am quite shy...lol![/quote']

Don't feel bad, I am too; but I promise that when I get mine done I will share before and afters here too. I have been through too much to not be able to share it. I can't share something like that on my regular Facebook page though (for more reasons than I can count.) I do have a great bunch of fellow sleeve ladies that I am able to share pics and such with though. We are each others cheer squad. I don't know what I would have done during this journey without fellow travel partners. Sharing NSVs and hearing others victories is the most awesome feeling ever :0)

PICS, COOPS - PICS!!!! It takes 6 months for swelling to completely go away and we can't wait that long! :)

How wonderful and exciting! You are an inspiration and so pleased for you:)

Coops, congrats on your successful surgeries! You are beautiful inside and out and are an inspiration to so many people (including me of course!)! I'm having my first procedure (breast lift/reduction) on July 1st and am super excited about it. I'm going to wait 6 months for the Tummy Tuck.

Did your surgeon have to do a vertical incision (I think it's referred to as a Fleur de Lis) in your tummy tuck? My surgeon told me it would be necessary to have a vertical incision remove the excess skin from my upper abdomen as well as the standard incision to remove the panni. I was taken aback when he said that, but apparently it's fairly normal for people who have lost a major amount of weight (and, in my case, the skin has like zero elasticity!).

Thanks for sharing what life is like in the weeks after surgery; that is good to know so I can be better prepared for what lies ahead.