Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

fit bit and other trackers

Does anyone kno how to sync fitbit flex with my fitness pal? Please help

I have been using the fitbit flex for some time now as a Mio Alpha wireless heart rate watch. Love both. Good reference tools and both sinc with my fitness apps which I use 3 different apps. I am REALLY looking forward to the release of the Amiigo. They are coming a long way!!

I have been using the fitbit flex for some time now as a Mio Alpha wireless heart rate watch. Love both. Good reference tools and both sinc with my fitness apps which I use 3 different apps. I am REALLY looking forward to the release of the Amiigo. They are coming a long way!!

How do you sync to my fitness pal?

How do you sync to my fitness pal?

On myfitnesspal.com, go to the Apps tab, click on App Gallery, scroll down and click on Fitbit Tracker, then click on Connect accounts link and follow the directions.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST

Does anyone use the fitbit scale? I've had a fitbit 1 for about 5 months and am considering getting one for my hubby and the scale.< /div>

Hi, I got the fb1 3 wks ago to just try out...tell me plz, I had only walked about 4000 steps ans it said I burned ovr 1000 cals, how is that possible. It didnt come w instructions so idk what else it measures. How cud it get that number of cals, do I need to send it bck? Thx

Hi' date=' I got the fb1 3 wks ago to just try out...tell me plz, I had only walked about 4000 steps ans it said I burned ovr 1000 cals, how is that possible. It didnt come w instructions so idk what else it measures. How cud it get that number of cals, do I need to send it bck? Thx[/quote']

The total calories includes what you would burn just living and breathing :)

The total calories includes what you would burn just living and breathing :)

Tyvm, cuz I was getting rdy to pck it bck up nd look elsewhere:))

Tyvm' date=' cuz I was getting rdy to pck it bck up nd look elsewhere:))[/quote']

No worries, glad I could help. Do keep in mind that the calories burned is an estimate based on what fitbit estimates your BMR (basal metabolic rate) might be plus your activity level through the day, but in general it's likely in the right ballpark.

I just ordered bodymedia link today! So excited. I've been using MFP for almost a month now with great success but I would like to see my calorie burn and since I have a iphone 4 I figured this would make for another cool gadget.

I did own a bodybugg in the past but sold it soon after because I wasn't really counting cals. Unfortunately bodybugg doesn't sync with mfp, so bodymedia is a better deal anyways. Plus I'm sure the technology has come a long ways since the bodybugg I had in 2009.

I've been using the Fitbit for about a month now, but I've decided to get the BodyMedia. Not too crazy about a couple of things, though:

1. The subscription fee - kinda sucks that they get you coming & going, but I guess I'll deal with it

2. Looks like there are two models, the Core & the Link. The Core looks slimmer/smaller, but the Link syncs all data to your phone. I don't really understand why the Core doesn't have Bluetooth capability; it can't be size because my Fitbit is pretty small and has Bluetooth. But the Link looks a lot bigger and I don't think I'll like wearing it

3. I read that a new version is coming out this Fall that will be waterproof, but I wasn't able to find out any more details about it. I'm hesitant to buy the Core now only to find out in a few months that a new, waterproof version with Bluetooth capabilities is coming out!

Anyone have any additional information about a new version?

I love my fitbit flex....I never take it off and I love that it sync's with MFP. I started with the baby fitbit and then got my flex on my birthday. Since getting my fitbit I've walked more than two million steps and over 850 miles!

I've been using the Fitbit for about a month now' date=' but I've decided to get the BodyMedia. Not too crazy about a couple of things, though:

1. The subscription fee - kinda sucks that they get you coming & going, but I guess I'll deal with it

2. Looks like there are two models, the Core & the Link. The Core looks slimmer/smaller, but the Link syncs all data to your phone. I don't really understand why the Core doesn't have Bluetooth capability; it can't be size because my Fitbit is pretty small and has Bluetooth. But the Link looks a lot bigger and I don't think I'll like wearing it

3. I read that a new version is coming out this Fall that will be waterproof, but I wasn't able to find out any more details about it. I'm hesitant to buy the Core now only to find out in a few months that a new, waterproof version with Bluetooth capabilities is coming out!

Anyone have any additional information about a new version?[/quote']

I have the Core with the display thingy. I just clip it on my clothing or put it in my pocket. Lack of Bluetooth hasn't been an issue for me. The armband was weird at first but now that I and everyone else is used to it, I forget I'm wearing it. I like it because it's far more accurate. I have a coworker who is the same size as me who owns a fitbit. She walks for exercise and I do circuit training. Her calories burned according to the fitbit is almost 1000 calories more than what my bodymedia calculates for me. I believe it's steering her wrong.

I justify the subscription because I used to do weight watchers online which is pretty much just a food tracker and it was triple the price! It's worth it for me.

Does anyone know how to sync fitbit flex with walgreens balance rewards steps?

I have the Core with the display thingy. I just clip it on my clothing or put it in my pocket. Lack of Bluetooth hasn't been an issue for me. The armband was weird at first but now that I and everyone else is used to it' date=' I forget I'm wearing it. I like it because it's far more accurate. I have a coworker who is the same size as me who owns a fitbit. She walks for exercise and I do circuit training. Her calories burned according to the fitbit is almost 1000 calories more than what my bodymedia calculates for me. I believe it's steering her wrong.

I justify the subscription because I used to do weight watchers online which is pretty much just a food tracker and it was triple the price! It's worth it for me.[/quote']

The fitbit calculation includes ALL calories for the day including what I call "body maintenance" that you burn for being alive. There are some things that you must be aware of, one being where you wear it matters. I wear my flex on my non dominant wrist, and it's pretty accurate - within 5% +/- for me.

I have the Core with the display thingy. I just clip it on my clothing or put it in my pocket. Lack of Bluetooth hasn't been an issue for me. The armband was weird at first but now that I and everyone else is used to it' date=' I forget I'm wearing it. I like it because it's far more accurate. I have a coworker who is the same size as me who owns a fitbit. She walks for exercise and I do circuit training. Her calories burned according to the fitbit is almost 1000 calories more than what my bodymedia calculates for me. I believe it's steering her wrong.

I justify the subscription because I used to do weight watchers online which is pretty much just a food tracker and it was triple the price! It's worth it for me.[/quote']

Thanks Nocolanz! I decided you (and the others) were right. Bought the Core today!

Now I have to check out this display thingy! Thanks for the tips!