Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My only regret is not trying to lose weight or eat healthy pre op. Once I had my date set, I ate so much that I gained around 10 pounds! I recommend taking the pre op very seriously so you'll be that much closer to goal. No need for food funerals.

No regrets about getting the sleeve. My only regret is that extensive neurosurgery keeps me from exercising and losing more weight.

My only regret is not trying to lose weight or eat healthy pre op. Once I had my date set' date=' I ate so much that I gained around 10 pounds! I recommend taking the pre op very seriously so you'll be that much closer to goal. No need for food funerals.[/quote']

I'm eating everything too. My surgery is June 7 and my surgeon does not do ANY type of pre opt diet. Although they don't want a big weight gain. What is a food funeral? I love reading everyone's posts.

I'm eating everything too. My surgery is June 7 and my surgeon does not do ANY type of pre opt diet. Although they don't want a big weight gain. What is a food funeral? I love reading everyone's posts.

Some ppl go and pig out on their favorite foods "one last time" before having surgery thinking they won't ever be able to eat it again after surgery which isn't true. You will be able to eat your favorite foods again one day, just not as much prior to being sleeved.

I meant I am on day 10 post op. I had my surgery April 15.

Hi Karen353! We had "our" surgeries a day apart--I was sleeved 4/16/13. Let me know if I can be of any support to you and let me know how things are progressing for you too--if you want to :)

Sent from my iPad using VST

9 weeks out - lost weight & no complications, but honestly...full of regret here & would not have it again. You have any questions about that, feel free to message me.

Only thing I'd do differently - besides not having the surgery - I would have started looking for a Protein shake I could stand waaaaay before surgery, instead of thinking I'd just wait til after. ..not smart!

Best of luck to you. Do what is best for you.

I'm just over 3 weeks out (sleeved 4/16) I did totally regret my decision at first. It was very hard to cook for my family or smell food cooking knowing I couldn't have any! I wasn't physically hungry at all... It's tough to get over the head hunger!!! It is getting easier, but it's still hard. But I'm not that hard on myself because I'm still new at this huge change and learning every day!! Everyone I spoke to prior to surgery said it was the best thing they ever did... But not one of them said anything about how hard (emotionally) the first few week are!!! I've had people tell me that I'm weak and I'm taking the easy way out.. I assure you, IT'S NOT!!!! My sister won't speak to me anymore because I'm "weak & took the easy way road!!"

Best of luck to you on your journey!!!!!!

I'm just over 3 weeks out (sleeved 4/16) I did totally regret my decision at first. It was very hard to cook for my family or smell food cooking knowing I couldn't have any! I wasn't physically hungry at all... It's tough to get over the head hunger!!! It is getting easier' date=' but it's still hard. But I'm not that hard on myself because I'm still new at this huge change and learning every day!! Everyone I spoke to prior to surgery said it was the best thing they ever did... But not one of them said anything about how hard (emotionally) the first few week are!!! I've had people tell me that I'm weak and I'm taking the easy way out.. I assure you, IT'S NOT!!!! My sister won't speak to me anymore because I'm "weak & took the easy way road!!"

Best of luck to you on your journey!!!!!![/quote']

Thank you for sharing...sorry about your sister's decision....hang in there though. Hopefully she will come around and you can let her know what you have had to go through...out is anything BUT easy! When the weight really starts coming off and you are feeling good and looking good, hopefully she will be happy for you and start talking....maybe she is jealous too????

In the beginning I had total regret. I didn't have any complications, "I" was the only complication. As each day would pass, it would get a little easier. On May 13th I will be 5mths po. I now am so glad I got through those first months. If I had the choice to turn back those first months I sure would of. Boy am I glad I didn't have that choice because I would of missed out on feeling great and being where i am today. Yes, I do sometime miss eating a full plate espevially when its a favorite dish, but I'm okay with it. It has become a new way of life. I'm loving it.

I'm just over 3 weeks out (sleeved 4/16) I did totally regret my decision at first. It was very hard to cook for my family or smell food cooking knowing I couldn't have any! I wasn't physically hungry at all... It's tough to get over the head hunger!!! It is getting easier, but it's still hard. But I'm not that hard on myself because I'm still new at this huge change and learning every day!! Everyone I spoke to prior to surgery said it was the best thing they ever did... But not one of them said anything about how hard (emotionally) the first few week are!!! I've had people tell me that I'm weak and I'm taking the easy way out.. I assure you, IT'S NOT!!!! My sister won't speak to me anymore because I'm "weak & took the easy way road!!"

Thanks for your input I'm sorry to hear that your relationship with your sister has been strained because of this and that you lack her support. I had a few family members make that comment and my reply was:

"Everyday people drive to work, to school, to the store because its easier than walking. Everyday people use computers to file and store information, because it's much easier to organize and find. Agriculturist use tractors and machines that are power driven to till the ground because it's much easier than to do it by hand. Everyday people utilize modern technology to make things easier for them, and I don't have any less integrity than the millions and millions of other people who utilize those technologies. So YES, I am taking the EASY way out, because nothing I've done in the past 10 years has worked before!"

Hehehe...ya...I was a little pissed...but they left me alone and stopped with comments. And your right actually, there is NOTHING easy about adjusting to the sleeve.

Best of luck to you on your journey!!!!!!

No regrets, just wish this surgery would have been around 20 years ago!

Sent from Gaye's iPad Mini using VST

9 weeks out - lost weight & no complications, but honestly...full of regret here & would not have it again. You have any questions about that, feel free to message me.

Only thing I'd do differently - besides not having the surgery - I would have started looking for a Protein shake I could stand waaaaay before surgery, instead of thinking I'd just wait til after. ..not smart!

Best of luck to you. Do what is best for you.

I'm so sorry you regret your decision :(. Do you mind sharing on here why?

It's good to know that no one has any regrets. My surgery is scheduled for May 24, 2013. I start my liquids tomorrow. I'm nervous but excited at the same time.

I'm so sorry you regret your decision :(. Do you mind sharing on here why?

...if you go to the thread/vote Would You Have Weight Loss Surgery Again? ...I have a couple of detailed explanations about it...or you can message me about it.

...I don't go into much detail anymore on threads because after I posted about my regrets on a few threads...I got bombarded with negative, rude, nasty comments, questions, and even private messages from the sleeve cheerleading squad...and I am here for positive vibes and support.

Everybody is different - Do what is best for you. Please think long and hard about it. Read, research, prepare...but honestly, until you have the surgery, you really don't know how you will feel. I did all the above (minus trying Protein shakes), thought I was ready & would be fine...well, I am not now. But each day does get easier. I am coming to terms with it. I am trying to make the best out of a terrible decision.

I wish you all the best. Good luck! Take care!

Some ppl go and pig out on their favorite foods "one last time" before having surgery thinking they won't ever be able to eat it again after surgery which isn't true. You will be able to eat your favorite foods again one day, just not as much prior to being sleeved.

This gives me hope. I feel like I'm breaking up with a boyfriend right now! LOL! My emotions are pretty high-strung. I had to the surgery on 7/17 and have dropped 10 pounds. I'm having difficulties getting my Water and Protein numbers in...but I'm always close. I'm really living off of Isopure and Water. There are so many Vitamins to take!!! Will the day ever come where we can take Vitamins in pill format? Ugh...I sick of chewables. I'm having some trouble with burping. I feel like I have to burp after every sip I take. Please oh please tell me this goes away! I work in an office with cubicles and I'm terrified my coworkers will think I'm a burping banchee!!!