Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those that are approximately 3 months post-op (or those who can remember that are further along).

Approximately how much were you able to eat? What could your new tummy tolerate? Any food disasters?

I have an international class reunion, and I am afraid to attend, because:

1) I don't want to pay a lot of money for food I can't eat. Although I am willing to pay to have the time with my friends.

2) I don't want to have a post surgery disaster, regurgitation, gas, sweats, etc.

I understand to eat smaller amounts, chew, no liquids during the meal. I'm afraid of how my body will respond.

Any advice is appreciated. :rolleyes:

I was able to eat cream Soups, lean ham, mashed potatoes, grilled chicken, eggs, bacon, refried Beans, pudding and most anything soft. I had to chew my meat lots and lots and could only get in a few bites of anything. I became a master at pushing food around my plate. I was not able to tolerate any kind of red meat or pork products. My advice? Go have fun and eat what you can handle. Listen to your body. Eat a couple bites and stop. Wait a few minutes and eat a second bite Stop. And repeat :)

eat super small bites and you will be fine. stop when you feel tightness/fullness. congratulations on your accomplishments! enjoy.

I am at 3 3/4 months and can eat pretty much anything as long as I thoroughly chew it up. I sometimes get heartburn or stomach gurgling with vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower but nothing else. I can eat 4 to 6oz depending on now "dense" the food is. For example, I can eat more of my cauliflower/turkey hamburger than my refried beans/turkey hamburger. But the difference is only an ounce or so.

Thank you so much for your feedback. I was panicking. I am only one week out - currently on liquids...so solids are in my fantasies at this point.

I can eat a lot of different things at this point. I am nearly 12 weeks out. I cannot tolerate lettuce. The only time I have felt like I might vomit - I have not done that at all since surgery - was when I ate lettuce. I also cannot eat bread. I can eat any kind of meat or cheese or Beans. I can eat crackers and pretzels - anything dry. I cannot eat Pasta or rice. I can eat fruit and nuts. By 3 months, your eating options will be much more expanded.