Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have noticed a lot of people have said they eat anything and everything when on vacation. This worries me because I used to be just like this. Vacation was a time to stop "being on a diet" and eating healthy. At least that is how it has always been for me. So far I have stayed the course and eaten for success in terms of weight loss and fitness.

However, this time I do not want to do this and am afraid of my all or nothing personality and the slippery slope of eating more and more once I have a little of something. It would be a train wreck and I would probably come back +10 lbs. Not good for the psyche.

How many of you keep to the plan when on vacation and how many of you can eat something small and keep close to plan? I plan to exercise when on vacation, but a little less intense then when at home. Plan to do a little hiking also. I am going to buy meat stuff from costco when in Hawaii so I am set for daily Protein, but will still eat out.

My trip to Kauii is in a couple weeks. It would be great if I was able to come back and 1. Not gain anything and 2. Not feel guilty if I train wreck. I do not want to train wreck of course, but know myself and human nature on vacation. This is my first vacation post op in a tropical place!!

We are planning our 45th anniversary trip to hawaii. One thing we are doing is the 1 week cruise around all the islands. This trip will be a trip of a lifetime for us. Please PM me about your trip and what I should not miss. Ours is in the planning stage right now because it is not until Sept. Have a great time.

Vacation is a tough point for me as well. Almost every time I have lost weight in the past, Vacation has been the ending point of losing and the starting point of gaining. I am getting sleeved after vacation this year so I am very happy for that. It is so tough to try to stay completely on track when you are on vacation because you don't have all your home tools with you like a food scale, fixing your own meals, etc.

I've seen many people who say they manage to lose weight on vacation because they walk a ton to explore their vacation location. I am hoping that is the case in the future for me as well. This year we are going on a cruise to Alaska but we usually vacation in Las Vegas and walk about 5 miles a day.

The whole thing really depends on your mindset as you go in to vacation.

Yes, I am the same way about vacation usually being the end of a perfectly good weight loss effort and the beginning of gain. The truth hurts, but at least I have foresight about it this time. I think my mindset is going to be stay the course knowing potential for train wreck. :)

i have never had a vacation in a tropical place. enjoy yourself. i am envious.

who cares if you gain a pound?????

congratulations on your successes and wish you all the best in your future. :)

Kauai is a great place to stay healthy! Restaurants have amazing fresh fish and fruits and vegetables. I have been there many times and you will absolutely love it...it is truly paradise. What part of the island are staying in?

Kauai is a great place to stay healthy! Restaurants have amazing fresh fish and fruits and vegetables. I have been there many times and you will absolutely love it...it is truly paradise. What part of the island are staying in?

We will be staying near Lihue on the east side. Normally we stay on the south side near poi pu beach, but this time we are going on a promotion so, yes, we have to sit through the 90 min spiel. This will be our 8th time back to kuaii so pretty familiar with the island. I think this trip will be a lot of r&r by the pool. :) it will be a little strange not to eat vacation style as I normally do. Eat and eat and eat, you know what I mean. Lol.

Oh fiddle let me live through you... A vacation without children seems to never happen anymore! I don't even know if I remember how to be a grown up anymore 0_o

Oh fiddle let me live through you... A vacation without children seems to never happen anymore! I don't even know if I remember how to be a grown up anymore 0_o

You can live through me when I go to Miami this summer lol... My very first childless vacay (wait for it) WITH MY BEST FRIEND... I'm counting down the days until July lol!

I'm going on an Alaskan cruise on May 7th. This will be the 4th cruise I've taken with my lapband, the 1st totally unfilled. The last 3 cruises, I ate small amts of everything, as usual. Now I'm almost "excited" to go on the cruise unfilled. I plan on hitting up the chocolate buffet bigtime!

I also plan on going to the gym while there. I'm not trying to lose weight while waiting on my revision, but I don't want to gain either. I'll try to be good...