Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What I can eat at Subway 4 months out

I do eat at Subway on occasion. Please, no wet noodle. Anyway, I noticed that many pre-ops and new post-ops want to know what your restriction is at certain stages of the journey. Of course, everyone is different, so don't take this as written in stone for everyone. For lunch today:

3 inch turkey breast & ham sub w/ spinach, Tomato, pickle, banana peppers, onion, green pepper, sweet onion sauce, regular mayo (just a little bit), salt and pepper

&

1 bag baked ruffles sour cream and cheddar

I did eat the whole 1 oz bag of chips but could only get down about 2/3 of the sandwich. I had them cut a 6 inch in half. Now I have lunch for tomorrow as well.

I am now stuffed- pre-op I wasn't stuffed until I downed a 12 inch.

I hope that gives some of you an idea of how restriction can be at 4 months post-op.

-Kendra

i am about three months out and i get the Soup at sub way

Did you know that you could ask for your Subway "scooped"? What an awesome idea! You still get the feeling of having bread, the taste of the yummy flavor you choose and lose most of the junk.

They split your sandwich, scoop out all the soft bready part and then fill it with your meats, cheese, and veggies. You can add SO MUCH MORE fixins this way. It's like a salad on a really thin roll.

try it out!

Did you know that you could ask for your Subway "scooped"? What an awesome idea! You still get the feeling of having bread, the taste of the yummy flavor you choose and lose most of the junk.

They split your sandwich, scoop out all the soft bready part and then fill it with your meats, cheese, and veggies. You can add SO MUCH MORE fixins this way. It's like a salad on a really thin roll.

try it out!

I have heard of doing this but for some reason I think the person making my sub will think I'm a total weirdo and won't know what I'm talking about. LOL I will do that next time and not worry what he/she thinks.

I get the chopped salads. No pesky bread to deal with.

I like them too- especially the chicken teriyaki one.

I have heard of doing this but for some reason I think the person making my sub will think I'm a total weirdo and won't know what I'm talking about. LOL I will do that next time and not worry what he/she thinks.

Yeah, the high school kids who work at the subway where I live will probably be like "ummm...what? Scoop out what?" LOL! Oh well, I'll give it a shot :)

Yeah' date=' the high school kids who work at the subway where I live will probably be like "ummm...what? Scoop out what?" LOL! Oh well, I'll give it a shot :)[/quote']

Actually, they are trained on how to do it. Many of subways healthier sandwich nutritional info is calculated on "scooped" bread.< /p>

You can also get your sandwich sans bread. I ordered that way a few times early out. Bread did not agree with me for quite a few months post op. My fav is the sweet onion teriaki chicken with spinach and red onions, no cheese.

Lynda

try it out!

I learned about this on The Biggest Loser! They tell contestants to do this. I haven't been to a Subway in a long time (I think their meat is fake - I know it's "real" but it's pressed). I'd much rather go to Quiznos (much more fattening, btw!). Pre band, I could eat a whole (large, about 12") + a bowl of broccoli cheese Soup and still have room for dessert. Now, 3 1/2 yrs post band, I can eat about 1/3 of a small and a cup of broccoli cheese Soup (which btw is fantastic!) and be satisfied.

I don't see anything wrong with Subway or any other restaurant. If the majority of your meals are out, I can see a problem, but if it's occasional, all in moderation!

You have to be "trained" to work at SubWay ? Now that is scary !!