Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hardest workout you have done post op

Pre-surgery, I would have NEVER posted here! Now that I am trying to release my inner skinny-b***h through exercise, I have gained a little confidence. So, HERE GOES!!!

Currently on week 2 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution program (90-days total). It has 3-phases that increase the workout intesity each month. Needless to say, for someone 11-weeks out from weight loss surgery, still carrying 55 extra pounds, it is kicking my a$$. Even though I cannot do the whole workout yet, I refuse to stop trying.

Four days she has you doing circuit type training and two days of cardio....six 30-minute workouts per week. She does allow 'extra credit' so, on the four circuit days I am adding 30-minutes of cardio. WHEW!

I refuse to let myself stop because I can literally see the changes in my body. Never been a workout person so this is really amazing. I don't have to be perfect, just a little better than I was yesterday.

This is just a little thread for everyone to share their hardest workout post sleeve in order to inspire others and to share ideas.

For example' date=' my hardest workout is cross fit WOD just completed today:

1. 50 deadlifts (200 lbs)

2. 2 mile run

3. 30 bench (150 lb)

4. 50 pull ups (really hard for me)

5. 2 mile run

6. 100 burpies(almost killed me. Lol)

I swear my PT was channeling Jillian Michaels. I am going to hurt tomorrow. No pain no gain!!![/quote']

Question, did you do all the deadlifts before moving onto the 2 mile run and so on down the list?

That is a tough workout.

My toughest workout so far was digging a hole 4 foot deep by 4 foot round with nothing but a post hole digger last summer. I was making a dry well to help with drainage. I need to dig about 4 more but after that first one I haven't been too anxious to do it again.

Next closest thing was running 13.1 miles. But I can't touch what Mark did. Sheesh.

Walk 85 acre at the Zoo with my great nephew (6) yrs old and also with his class 18 kids long day but so much fun..going to skip the GYM today and do house work (spring clean)..I just start taking B-12 and it has help a lot ....Ever one keep the good work up...

My most "strenuous" workouts seem to be my Muay Thai classes. At the end of them, I'm sucking major wind, my arms and legs are like Jell-o and I can barely walk to my truck afterwards to leave.

I'm fairly efficient in the gym since I lift 5 days a week, so I don't spend more than an hour at the gym and if I'm not doing the rare circuit training session, I take a little time between my sets. Although I'm pretty tired and sweaty after my lifting sessions, I'm nowhere nearly exhausted as I am from Muay Thai.

Question' date=' did you do all the deadlifts before moving onto the 2 mile run and so on down the list?

That is a tough workout.

My toughest workout so far was digging a hole 4 foot deep by 4 foot round with nothing but a post hole digger last summer. I was making a dry well to help with drainage. I need to dig about 4 more but after that first one I haven't been too anxious to do it again.

Next closest thing was running 13.1 miles. But I can't touch what Mark did. Sheesh.[/quote']

Yes, I did the dead lifts before moving on to the rest of the WOD. And yes, I am horrible with the pull ups due to lack of real upper body strength. Expecting it to improve in a few weeks.

I did Couch 2 5k Week 4 Days 1 and 2 back to back today for 5 miles. I am trying to catch back up from this foot problem I keep having. Really wasn't that bad, I think I could run a 5'er now but my times would be mediocre. I did a little leg work and some squats after, but nothing significant.

I will be back running a 5k tomorrow HIIT style. Should I rest? I have been training like an athlete ( and eating like one) for a few months now.

Yes, WOD above was between 30 min and 1 hour.

Before surgery, not much exercise. I couldn't at 300+ lb for 2 years proceeding surgery. However, I did do some running about 7 years ago. Not very good at it back then because weight was still too high at 250 to get any real efficiency out of it. Always got injured ( bursitis) because of heavy weight and lack of good running technique.

Today, I am happy to report no injuries yet at current weight.

I've always dreamed of being a runner for some reason. I've been having off/on pain in R knee & finally got it checked out. It's early stages of Arthritis. I'm 30yrs old. No issue with L knee, though. Dr. told me to drop more weight & increase my strength before trying to train to run. It was a minor bummer, but I look forward to meeting that goal one day. I currently walk about 5 days a week on my breaks & lunch at work when I can & I lift free weights. I love Zumba, but I need to wait a little longer cause that's what triggered my last knee pain episode a few wks ago. Hardest workout post-op, mmmm...I'd have to say Zumba.

Hmmmm...workout or event? My toughest event is the National 24hr bike challenge in Grand Rapids, MI every Fathers Day weekend. Whoever goes farthest in 24 hrs wins. My goal has been 300 miles. The best I've done is 220mi. The winner typically hits high 500's.....

Hardest workout, like I might do on a weekly basis? I do HIIT hill climbs at 15% grade where my vision narrows and gets a red tinge. One of these days I'm going to puke or pass out. What a rush!!

Hmmmm...workout or event? My toughest event is the National 24hr bike challenge in Grand Rapids' date=' MI every Fathers Day weekend. Whoever goes farthest in 24 hrs wins. My goal has been 300 miles. The best I've done is 220mi. The winner typically hits high 500's.....

Hardest workout, like I might do on a weekly basis? I do HIIT hill climbs at 15% grade where my vision narrows and gets a red tinge. One of these days I'm going to puke or pass out. What a rush!![/quote']

15% running? That is insane!! I max out at about 7% when running about 6.6 mph. Sounds interesting to try even higher grades. I got close to passing out after 100 burpies the other day and man am I still sore today for my next cross fit training.

No, not running. Biking. It takes me 3-5 min to climb the hill and about 30 seconds to get down hitting about 40mph. 90% agony, 10% terror. And that's on the road. Can't imagine what mountain biking single track would be like.....

No' date=' not running. Biking. It takes me 3-5 min to climb the hill and about 30 seconds to get down hitting about 40mph. 90% agony, 10% terror. And that's on the road. Can't imagine what mountain biking single track would be like.....[/quote']

Oh, OK. My mistake. Still sounds killer.

I just started pushing myself on my eliptical. I usually do 20 mins on level 8. Three weeks ago, I started doing 250 strides on level 18(highest is 20). I have tried to improve every time in my reps per min. Its getting close to 48 today. I never ever would have challenged myself before this surgery. I so enjoy being able to walk my dogs for an hour no problem, ride my bike and just then spend the rest of the day not being wiped out or discouraged. Love this feeling! Oh yeah, I try all kinds of dance videos too. I could never do them before. I dont do them for exercise, just for fun..imagine that.lol