Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone!

I've been a member of VST for a few days now and i can't seem to find very many people from South Florida that have sleeved or are in the process. I would LOVE to meet people and make some friends through this avenue as i feel like i will need every bit of support i can get once i'm sleeved. I think it would be very nice to be able to meet up and help one another out post-sleeve. Hope there are many of you out there as I would love to hear from all of you! :) :D

I'll be moving to Tampa soon. I know that's not exactly south, but i'd be willing to be a help to anyone in the area that wants to meet up.

I'll be moving to Tampa soon. I know that's not exactly south' date=' but i'd be willing to be a help to anyone in the area that wants to meet up.[/quote']

Dooter! Where are you coming from? My best friend lives in Tampa. We can most certainly meet up as I drive up there quite frequently? Also, how long has it been since you sleeved?

I live in south west Florida! I live in North Port...My name is Mary I have only been on for a few days as well. I am getting Sleeved on May 13th and would also like to meet people around the area!

I also live in SW florida (Ft Myers ) to be exact and I have been on this site for about a month... I will be having my surgery on June 12th and can hardly wait. Mine is little different wont be having surgery here insurance didnt cover it.. So i am headed to Mexico like so many others. :rolleyes: Different avenues for a us all but we are all headed in the right direction.... A healthier life.

(Im so ready)

:P

I also live in SW florida (Ft Myers ) to be exact and I have been on this site for about a month... I will be having my surgery on June 12th and can hardly wait. Mine is little different wont be having surgery here insurance didnt cover it.. So i am headed to Mexico like so many others. :rolleyes: Different avenues for a us all but we are all headed in the right direction.... A healthier life.

(Im so ready)

:P

Hazel I too am heading down to Mexico to get my sleeve done. I'm set for May 3rd and just happy that I'm starting a brand new chapter in my life.

Im in central florida heading down to mexico on the 25th. :blink:

Well you will be going 2 days before my birthday cinco de mayo... My original date was in May but i changed it.. Sorry I couldnt be your buddy on this trip , but you have to give me details afterwards... I mean everything honey.....

So which surgeon are you using and what hospital will you be in... Are you going by yourself or will you have support?

Im in central florida heading down to Mexico on the 25th. :blink:

Confidence who is doing your sleeve?

Dr Garcia at Mi doctor. I will sure post all the info.:) Hazel eyes that would have been great i would have loved to have a buddy. Yeah i am travelling alone. I had seen alot of post where people travel alone and the experience was great so i hope its the same for me.::) I have a son who is on school so my hubby have to stay behind and take care of that part.

Well you will be going 2 days before my birthday cinco de mayo... My original date was in May but i changed it.. Sorry I couldnt be your buddy on this trip ' date=' but you have to give me details afterwards... I mean everything honey.....

So which surgeon are you using and what hospital will you be in... Are you going by yourself or will you have support?[/quote']

Hazel I will give you and everyone else on here all the details. My dr. Is dr. jaime Ponce de leon and he's at INT. I'm lucky enough to have my mom going with me so i feel good about that. If you don't mind me asking, why did you change your date?

Hey ladies sorry it took me so long to reply. Very busy evening for me. But the only reason I changed my date because it was more convenient for my mom. Mind you I'm flying her in from Oklahoma she doesn't live here in Fl. Plus better for me financially that is the only reasons I changed the date. I was going to go by myself at first and was content with that decision. But my mom wanted to be there with me. Ms Confidence I know your going to do well by yourself Dr Garcias team will take awesome care of you. Plus God got you baby girl.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Dooter! Where are you coming from? My best friend lives in Tampa. We can most certainly meet up as I drive up there quite frequently? Also, how long has it been since you sleeved?

Hey Tiffany- I live in New Mexico right now, and our house is for sale. As soon as it sells, we'll be buying a house in Safety Harbor, and my husband will be working actually IN Tampa. So you all will be in MY neck of the woods soon getting your sleeves! Prayers for you all!

I have been sleeved for 14 months.

Hey ladies sorry it took me so long to reply. Very busy evening for me. But the only reason I changed my date because it was more convenient for my mom. Mind you I'm flying her in from Oklahoma she doesn't live here in Fl. Plus better for me financially that is the only reasons I changed the date. I was going to go by myself at first and was content with that decision. But my mom wanted to be there with me. Ms Confidence I know your going to do well by yourself Dr Garcias team will take awesome care of you. Plus God got you baby girl.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I was originally scheduled for April 26th but i had to change the date as well because it didn't fit my mom's schedule lol.. Im just ready to do this thing and get it over with.. I'm feeling to antsy and jumpy.

Hey Tiffany- I live in New Mexico right now, and our house is for sale. As soon as it sells, we'll be buying a house in Safety Harbor, and my husband will be working actually IN Tampa. So you all will be in MY neck of the woods soon getting your sleeves! Prayers for you all!

I have been sleeved for 14 months.

Dooter, Safety Harbor is such a nice place i think you'll enjoy it very much.. As i was telling Hazel i'm overly anxious and ready to do the sleeve before my nerves get the best of me you know? . How are you holding up with your sleeve? how much weight have you lost? Can you give me a menu of what you eat on a regular day.. Sorry in advance for all the questions, they WILL be coming lol.