Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gum is a must for me. Have you smelled ketosis breath? It could kill a dragon at 50 feet.

I call it monkey ass breath. :P

OMG! My Tervis tumbler goes EVERWHERE with me! Made proudly in the USA!

I knew there was a reason I like you! :D

I've got one for my Protein drinks and one for my liquids. My kids know they are not to be touched.

My Protein Drink fits perfectly in a full sized cup of chipped ice as do my Crystal light drinks now that I've given up my Coke Zero. (I don't even miss it! GASP!)

It's got a handle, it's got a straw and the only place I go without it is the potty.

Edit to add: Did you know you can get them personalized? Go to the site directly and you can make the inside liner whatever you want!! I am having one made with a picture of my Goldendoodle.

I love them! I have seen that you can get them personalized. I am getting ready to order one for my daughter in law's law firm. I hope she will like it.

My Dr. Told me not to listen to anyone but him about all of the myths there are when it comes to the sleeve. He said there's nothing wrong with using a straw or taking pills. I have been taking regular pills since 1 week post op and drinking from a straw since then too. I'm 4 1/2 months out and have no problems with it. He also said I don't have to stop drinking 30 minutes before I eat, just to remember that if I drink too soon after I eat, I will get hungry again quicker. I also don't drink any Protein Shakes. I get my Protein from food per his advice. I do take really good Vitamins and one of them is chewable (only because they only make it for bypass & sleeve people in the chewable form).

My Dr. Told me not to listen to anyone but him about all of the myths there are when it comes to the sleeve. He said there's nothing wrong with using a straw or taking pills. I have been taking regular pills since 1 week post op and drinking from a straw since then too. I'm 4 1/2 months out and have no problems with it. He also said I don't have to stop drinking 30 minutes before I eat, just to remember that if I drink too soon after I eat, I will get hungry again quicker. I also don't drink any Protein Shakes. I get my Protein from food per his advice. I do take really good Vitamins and one of them is chewable (only because they only make it for bypass & sleeve people in the chewable form).

That's good to know! I drink up until I eat but wait 30 minutes after. I had my surgery in MX, so I just have been winging it after a few months post op. Where do you get your Vitamins?

That's good to know! I drink up until I eat but wait 30 minutes after. I had my surgery in MX, so I just have been winging it after a few months post op. Where do you get your Vitamins?

*pretty sure* she's talking about the opurity vitamins that are sold on the Unjury site. I got them as well, but haven't tried them yet - saving them for post op (which is less than a week, had to throw that in there!). They make a multi-v specifically for "bypass & sleeve" as well as a different one for lap band, I believe. unjury.com or opurity.com. 90 day supply for like 35$.

My Dr. Told me not to listen to anyone but him about all of the myths there are when it comes to the sleeve. He said there's nothing wrong with using a straw or taking pills. I have been taking regular pills since 1 week post op and drinking from a straw since then too. I'm 4 1/2 months out and have no problems with it. He also said I don't have to stop drinking 30 minutes before I eat' date=' just to remember that if I drink too soon after I eat, I will get hungry again quicker. I also don't drink any Protein shakes. I get my Protein from food per his advice. I do take really good Vitamins and one of them is chewable (only because they only make it for bypass & sleeve people in the chewable form).[/quote']

I've been wondering....why do doctors believe it is better to get your protein from food instead of shakes? Did he answer this?

I've been wondering....why do doctors believe it is better to get your Protein from food instead of shakes? Did he answer this?

The shakes are great when you're starting out, but I think the goal is to eventually build up a healthy diet with natural food. You can definitely keep using the shakes if you want to, or when they are convenient, but they want you to get your nutrition from natural sources, which are better for you. Nutrients are better absorbed from food sources than processed down in Vitamins or a Protein shake.

But in the beginning when we're on staged diets and new to this tool and have to still support our heavier frames while we're losing, the shakes are the easiest way to get what we need. There will come a point when we're eating what we want to, and we need to make sure what we're eating is fueling our body - nutrient and Protein rich foods - so that shakes aren't necessary anymore. That's the ultimate goal for long term success. :)

I've been wondering....why do doctors believe it is better to get your Protein from food instead of shakes? Did he answer this?

I still drink shakes 1 year post op. If you do frequent high intensity exercise, it's almost a necessity. You have a limited window to properly refuel your muscles after intense exercise and Protein Shakes are the most expedient way to get the fuel right to the muscle...that's what they're made for. So if you're that type of person who wants to do intense exercise, then I see no reason to give them up completely.

I use shakes for Breakfast probably 5 days out of 7, and I have been for a while now. The biggest reason why I do is I am SOOOO not a Breakfast person. I like breakfast foods just fine, but I'm just not ready to face eating until I've been up for a couple of hours, usually. However, I have no problem getting in a shake and getting my metabolism awake within that first hour after I wake up. Some days the shake is plain, and some days I add fruit (frozen berries or a frozen half banana blended up in my ON Gold Standard vanilla Ice Cream powder, yum!). Either way, I know I'm doing right by my body to give it something to rev up with. I don't expect to stop doing that post-op.

Additionally, now that I've finally got my butt back in the gym, I'm with Butter (and so's my trainer!). I need to have a Protein shake as soon as possible after my strength training. I don't want to waste any of the effort - I am not to the point of considering exercise fun, so it's work for me and I want every molecule of value possible from it!

However, I'll be having two normal meals a day, with real food, and a snack in mid afternoon. I'm not using the shakes to bypass that, just doing some appropriate supplementation to keep me at my best.

Thanks for answering everyone! I feel the SAME WAY about breakfast, and I go back to my trainer this week, so I think I'll continue to keep them on hand for now :)

That's good to know! I drink up until I eat but wait 30 minutes after. I had my surgery in MX' date=' so I just have been winging it after a few months post op. Where do you get your Vitamins?[/quote']

I order them online. I use opurity Multivitamin for bypass & sleeve people. I also take their Calcium. I also take 5000 mg of Biotin, 500mg of Magnesium and 50mg of Zinc.

Good info guys & gals! Thanks!

I should add that my dietician was 100% on board with me continuing to use shakes for breakfast, both now and after I get back to solid foods after surgery. Her take is that while normal foods are encouraged, it's really more of a question of what works for me in the long run. I'm much more consistent getting breakfast in a timely manner by using a shake, and it's decent nutrition, not a doughnut or a stack of pancakes or something.