Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I am a long time lurker on here. I used to be very active on ObesityHelp but stopped a few years ago.

I can't believe that I am about to have my sleeve in less than a week!!!

I am also April 29th but my surgery is not until 4:30!! I a nervous about being thirsty and hungry all day!! I wish I had an early morning time slot! I am so excited!

I was thinking about the time I would come in last night. I hope I am one of the early ones so that I wont have to starve for the rest of the day.

I'm booked in for 29th too, and feeling v wobbly right now. It seems such a drastic thing to do. However, although I have only about 70lb to lose, I have a growing list of weight related health problems that are really affecting my personal and work life, and an awful family history of early death from cancer and heart disease. I'm not a junk food eater but I do love food... And drink and entertaining. So does my hubby but he just doesn't seem to gain weight. I read someone call her VSG "the end of (her) love affair with food", and while that's probably what I need, I'm really hoping that down the track there'll be some enjoyment of food again. Can any long termers out there reassure me??

Sydney Susan You sound a lot like me. I am such a foodie and a social butterfly. Although I am one of the lighter ones I do have co-morbidities that would benefit if I were to have this surgery now, rather than having to wait until those issues became bigger ones. Every one of us has their own reason for doing this surgery and I can side with ending the love affair with food!

Today and tomorrow I am on Clear liquids and on the 29th I go in at 5:15am for surgery. As soon as I can I will post when I am out.

Maybe instead of a total and complete end to the love affair, the relationship is shifting to a "long distance" one; where you go for long stretches of not being together, then have a short, happy (and healthy) visit, followed by more distance, until eventually you are re-established on better footing.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery, ladies!

Hi Everyone :) I have my surgery on the 30th and I'm really excited! I have been on the clear liquid diet for exactly1 week and today I am feeling very blah & nauseous so needless to say I have only taken a bath and put new sweats & tank on. I am super fatigued and foggy headed also. I just keep telling myself it will get better very soon :) I have just learned about all the you tube video's people who share their experiences and what they've done on their journey. I am totally Addicted to watching them...is anyone else like that or am I the only weirdo?!

I used to be like that in the beginning. My beginning started back in 2006 and I have been trying to get surgery since then.

Congrats to everyone! We will be sleeved soon.

I got stuck on an oil rig all week! They changed food companies and the food was horrible!!! Wasn't a good way to spend my last weeks affair with food :-) well Ohh well! I am so glad this is tomorrow I am ready for a new beginnings, good luck tomorrow everyone lets keep each other updated please!!! Have a great next week! Lets all report on here how it's going I will be very curious as to how different or same we each do.

That sounds like a great idea Cindy.mcg. I go in at 5:15am at Balboa Hospital in San Diego. I am a little scared/nervous but I hope that goes away very soon.

I am not really so nervous, I'm in a bit of a daze and still feel like I won't believe it's happening until I wake up and they say its done! I got in at 2PM tomorrow in Houston Tx dr. Turnquest, I am anticipating not dealing with diabetes anymore.. And fat, and blood pressure etc. etc.

I'm waiting now to get my surgery

Well i got my surgery at 4:30;however; I woke up in a lot of pain, I started feeling better at about 11:15Pm and I have got up and walked twice and went to weeweemy own about 5 times. I still have not had food or Water but wiping my mouth with a wet rag inside and out and gurgling and spitting out has been a huge help.

Well, surgery is 2 days behind me now, and I'm not feeling too bad. Not a barrel of laughs of course, but nothing unexpected. Am on "nil by mouth" till Friday, same day I go home (????). Don't feel hungry but lips get very dry - hard to talk for long periods. I'm out of bed and walking relatively easily, and encouraged to do so. Main pain is from the point at which my stomach was pulled out - apparently creates a large-ish hole in the muscle which then needs a stitch, and a bruise. I'm interested to hear if others experiences post- op are similar to mine.

Hi everyone,

I am out and I am doing well. On the 29th after surgery I wasn't allowed to drink. But on the 30th I was able to drink shakes, Water, Jello and broth. I am doing good, but every once in awhile I get abdominal pain. I have been doing a lot of walking. I wont be released until I have a BM. I don't have any pain around my incisions. I looked and I think I have derma bond for stiches.

I hope everyone else is doing good!