Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guys with low T

Well he came in yesterday from the docs finally~ he's in the 200's level he has some cream/gel that goes under his pits. I tried to support yesterday by offering to go with him to the docs-- he got po'ed and said I was making fun of him :(!

Thank you for the encouraging words because I just feel like he's not supporting me like a husband should being as I was sleeved on 3/27!

Ill keep my head in the game, but man this is crazy!

Sorry, being moody and snappy sometimes comes with the package :(. Give him time for the treatment to do its thing. In the meantime, you have us here to lean on. :)

Diagnosing and treating my low T was the most important thing I have done for my health. In a couple of weeks I noticed a dramatic improvement in mental function and mood. The sexual drive was the least of it. I realized I was being treated erroneously for depression for years. Support his treatment. It can be a very big deal.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Give it time. It took me about 3 weeks with the gel, and then it wore off because it's a temporary solution to a life long problem, and I was given a vial of Test. cyp and the doors of heaven were opened! If you guys aren't getting pinned for T, and using the gel, I'd recommend talking to your doctor about injections instead. It's a more stable delivery platform and it's easier to manage doses to make sure you're not on a roller coaster ride of T. Plus, why get on T therapy if you're gonna have to worry about your wife getting a mustache because you got sweaty bumping uglies and it reactivated the gel.

Give it time. It took me about 3 weeks with the gel, and then it wore off because it's a temporary solution to a life long problem, and I was given a vial of Test. cyp and the doors of heaven were opened! If you guys aren't getting pinned for T, and using the gel, I'd recommend talking to your doctor about injections instead. It's a more stable delivery platform and it's easier to manage doses to make sure you're not on a roller coaster ride of T. Plus, why get on T therapy if you're gonna have to worry about your wife getting a mustache because you got sweaty bumping uglies and it reactivated the gel.

I've been doing injections for almost a year - DEFINTELY cheaper AND better.

And if I can learn to get over the fear of injecting myself ANYONE can! :D

I gave DH that suggestion.. He wants to see if the ins goes through, and in the mean while let's hope I don't turn into the bearded lady ...

I wish I knew what the heck was wrong with my boyfriend the fatter his stomach gets from eating heart attack hogies the less we even do it anymore

Question for the guys on injections for low T.

When did you notice an actual change and did you do a follow up test to determine your new levels....and what were your new level goals......and did you reach them.......and do you maintain them without ups and downs in levels.or effects. ?

one of my friends (a 50 yr old female) said that not only does her husband get testosterone injections, but her doc is giving her testosterone with bioidentical hormones in a pellet every 6 months and it has really helped her libido. any women tried this?

Might be a question more appropriate for the women's forum... Rather than a month old topic about a guy receiving injections.

Question for the guys on injections for low T.

When did you notice an actual change and did you do a follow up test to determine your new levels....and what were your new level goals......and did you reach them.......and do you maintain them without ups and downs in levels.or effects. ?

Old question but I'll answer just in case. Changes don't usually pop up until 2-3 weeks after starting injections. With the gel, some say they feel it first week, it's placebo, it's impossible to get in to your blood stream and actually make hormonal changes that fast unless you're taking other things that are less FDA/gubment friendly. Goals are typically determined as just getting in to whatever healthy range your Doc has established. THIS IS IMPORTANT, or was to me. Many doctors look at a chart, and say that's healthy. They don't take age, weight, lifestyle goals or anything like that in to consideration. Most "Mens Clinics" who specialize in T will take those things in to consideration. With the gel I went from 249 up to 400, and then dropped back down a month after to 323. I told my doc I wasn't happy, he basically said tough ****, you're normal. I switched doctors and new doc (PCP) started me on injections right away. I started and my levels went up to 819 and have stayed in that area on recent blood tests. I have another blood panel Friday for both my surgeon and T levels for my PCP.

Blood tests started every month, and now have gone to every 3 months with my PCP. With injections, you'll notice some slight downs if you're injecting every 2 weeks. I switched by myself, splitting my dosage in to weekly injections. Afterwards I ran it by my PCP, knowing there wasn't any harm in doing so, she agreed with my methodology. We eventually upped my dosage, that with weekly injections has helped keep me stable with no ups and downs.

one of my friends (a 50 yr old female) said that not only does her husband get testosterone injections, but her doc is giving her testosterone with bioidentical hormones in a pellet every 6 months and it has really helped her libido. any women tried this?

Not a woman, but it's popular with doctors who put their worth in non-tested methods. Not saying it doesn't work, but there is very limited case data and real world studies on this. I think it's odd taking a full hormone, and then adding a hormone blocker to block out 75% of that hormone to only get the 25% that's needed to raise libido.

With injections, you'll notice some slight downs if you're injecting every 2 weeks. I switched by myself, splitting my dosage in to weekly injections. Afterwards I ran it by my PCP, knowing there wasn't any harm in doing so, she agreed with my methodology.

If it's not too personal for me to ask, how much were you injecting before you split it up into every week?

If I remember right, I was taking 1/2 CC every week, my dosage was 1 CC every 2 weeks. Now I'm taking 1 CC every week, which from what I've researched, appears to be the normal dosage for T replacement therapy unless the person has other factors.

So far-- hubs on the gel-- it's not 100% working but it's a starting point. There's other life issues interfering now, and he's overly stressed so I'm letting things be for a while until he gets settled. Thanks for everyone's help!

If u use the jel rub on its $$$$$ like 350.00 a mo my pharmacy does compounding and it's just 50 big diff