Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2.5 Years Post-op Today

Congratulations on 2.5 years! I love how your poses got more sassy as time progressed. :)

And the smile got bigger and bigger!

glad you posted.. my hubby and I both have had the sleeve in dec a week apart.. we have both lost 82lbs..and I still have 60 to go to hit my goal wt.. and he has like 25. But we have wondered about long term success stories..so Im glad to see it works.. we work very hard at this and we know its going to be life long..and we are ready for that.. following all the drs rules and regulations..and go to all our follow ups and labs.. its very nice to see someone who has succeeded long term.. ive heard so many storys of those who feel out and have gained the wt back.. we wont let that happen to us.. we traveled this road so far and are not going to turn back.. best of luck to you :)

M2G!

My sleeve sister... Where has the time gone! It's been a long road travelled, and so glad that we've been together throughout this journey!

You have made such a dramatic difference to, not only yourself, but your whole family! You simply look amazing and you're an inspiration to me and many others here.

Thank you for your honest post; this isn't about a quick fix or the easy way out... It is about changing how we deal with food for life!

Congratulations on taking control...

Hugs from across the pond x

Congratulations on 2.5 years! I love how your poses got more sassy as time progressed. :)

And the smile got bigger and bigger!

Ha ha both the sassy pose and the bigger smile are due to my 10 year old daughter taking the picture. "C'mon mom, give me more sass!!!" which in turn made me smile.

But truly I didn't look very happy in the before did I? lol

WAY TO GO!!!!! BOTH OF YOU!! CONGRATS!!! not an easy task at all.

Thanks Diane...The farther out you get from surgery, the harder it is to stay the course. But we both knew this would take a life long commitment and we are in it for the long haul. The goal = being healthier. :)

glad you posted.. my hubby and I both have had the sleeve in dec a week apart.. we have both lost 82lbs..and I still have 60 to go to hit my goal wt.. and he has like 25. But we have wondered about long term success stories..so Im glad to see it works.. we work very hard at this and we know its going to be life long..and we are ready for that.. following all the drs rules and regulations..and go to all our follow ups and labs.. its very nice to see someone who has succeeded long term.. ive heard so many storys of those who feel out and have gained the wt back.. we wont let that happen to us.. we traveled this road so far and are not going to turn back.. best of luck to you :)

Congrats to you both. WOW you guys are brave being a week apart and that is awesome that you guys have come so far in such a short amount of time. We are each other's biggest supporters, can't imagine doing this any other way!

M2G!

My sleeve sister... Where has the time gone! It's been a long road travelled, and so glad that we've been together throughout this journey!

You have made such a dramatic difference to, not only yourself, but your whole family! You simply look amazing and you're an inspiration to me and many others here.

Thank you for your honest post; this isn't about a quick fix or the easy way out... It is about changing how we deal with food for life!

Congratulations on taking control...

Hugs from across the pond x

Ah, thanks my wonderful friend! We both have come such a long way and I treasure our friendship so much because you have always been there for me! I truly appreciate it!! Hugs back atcha...

How do you feel your sleeve is performing now that you are 2 and a half years out? Does it feel like you can eat like you did before your surgery, or do you still have some restriction?

Great job! Glad to hear from a vet. Nice to know that if u slack, u can always jump back into making good choices.

Congrats and Happy Surgiversary! I love having fellow vets on the board. So good to have others at the same point in the journey.

Lynda

How do you feel your sleeve is performing now that you are 2 and a half years out? Does it feel like you can eat like you did before your surgery' date=' or do you still have some restriction?[/quote']

Love this question!

Thanks Diane...The farther out you get from surgery' date=' the harder it is to stay the course. But we both knew this would take a life long commitment and we are in it for the long haul. The goal = being healthier. :)[/quote']

I just got sleeved April 3rd I didn't know the further out the harder it gets can u eat more now or ur just eating some of the wrong things also have u had any complications